Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

FogHelmut posted:

THE POLISH HAS BEEN ELIMINATED??? They told me they ran out the other day.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME, Jelinek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.
It could be an error or regional but the checker and loader said it was gone :'(

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

And so they wandered through the aisles for 40 years looking for a Polish dog, cursed by their god.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I'm crying right now from hearing that

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

TurdBurgles posted:

THERE IS NO MORE $1.50 POLISH, ONLY ALL BEEF!

WTF. That can't be right. I'm at corporate and have not heard a word.
Calling buyers now

Edit: I'm calling BULLSHIT on this

Meydey fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 2, 2018

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

binge crotching posted:

I'm crying right now from hearing that

the Co giveth and the Co taketh away

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Co provided me smartphone friendly gloves and a 1/4 dog AND drink with refill today. 2018 is loving blessed.

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

Meydey posted:

WTF. That can't be right. I'm at corporate and have not heard a word.
Calling buyers now

Edit: I'm calling BULLSHIT on this

God I hope I was just bring messed with it was a bummer way to start the new year.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

EAB posted:

Hello boys and girl I'm getting a Costco membership today welp wish me luck

On my first day I plan to get myself one of those dank rear end rotisserie chickens, and prob grab some rando various things from the frozen food isle, wish me luck!!!

Get the credit card

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just had myself a Polish dog. They haven’t been discontinued here, at least.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does the credit card send a check for cash back at the end of the year? My cash back balance dropped to $58.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

FogHelmut posted:

Does the credit card send a check for cash back at the end of the year? My cash back balance dropped to $58.

Yes they do. I think you can only redeem it at a Costco though.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

The checks get sent out with the February statement. You can redeem it at Costco by giving it to the cashier, and you can just get cash for it or buy a bunch of stuff and pay for it with that (and if the check is for more than the total of stuff you buy you'll get the difference back in cash). The only time a cashier won't cash your check is if they don't have enough money in the register to cover it, but if it's under $100 it shouldn't be a problem.

If it's a big enough check (usually at least $500), then talk to a supervisor or manager and they can convert it into a check that you can take to the bank.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Jingleheimer posted:

The checks get sent out with the February statement. You can redeem it at Costco by giving it to the cashier, and you can just get cash for it or buy a bunch of stuff and pay for it with that (and if the check is for more than the total of stuff you buy you'll get the difference back in cash). The only time a cashier won't cash your check is if they don't have enough money in the register to cover it, but if it's under $100 it shouldn't be a problem.

If it's a big enough check (usually at least $500), then talk to a supervisor or manager and they can convert it into a check that you can take to the bank.

They usually have more money up at Membership, and will cash it there.

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

FYI I had to return something today and I can confirm the Fremont CA Costco does not carry polish dogs anymore per the food court people :-(

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

How is Costco furniture? They have a nice looking sectional for 800

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Slack Lagoon posted:

My in-laws have one, it hasn't fallen apart, and if it does you can always return it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Sad about the polish for those that like it. Me, I stick with the Italian Sausage Sandwich with roasted peppers and onions.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

We got the chaise sofa and the wood inside the arms is snapping after like 5 months. Not sure how I'm supposed to return a large sofa but it would be a pain regardless.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I'm happy with a leather couch & some end tables we bought about a half-year ago. No issues, very comfy and only spend like $1k across all of it.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They still have the polish here in the south sound. It is still delicious.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Whooping Crabs posted:

Get the credit card

Do it. I started using mine in May for all of my discretionary purchases. I just checked and the end of the year I got $159.21 cash back. That pays for almost 3 Costco memberships.

Ah... imagine having 3 memberships instead of one. You know, just in case.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
They have Polish dogs at one of the ones in the Denver area. Lil ol lady ordered one in front of me :3:

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
The Polish is inferior to the dog anyway. I too spent a long time trying to convince myself that the Polish was good (and it sorta is) but it just leaves me wanting for a proper sausage.

The dog is the pinnacle of it's hotdoggers and therefore wins

Edit: might be because I grew up with a bunch of great uncles and poo poo that made proper sausage and lived in a town formerly called Berlin. Had so much quality sausage in my holes from a very young age.

Math You fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jan 4, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
im jonesing for a 1/4 pound hot dog + drink (with free refill) and churro right now

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Just lol if you've never had a sausage so flavourful and aromatic that your farts caused you to vacate each room you dropped a bomb in.
Farts that seem more vapour than gas and settle into all of your clothing. Farts you carry with you for days after you last let one rip. A deep musk you can taste.

I pity anyone who's never had that kind of sausage

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Math You posted:

The Polish is inferior to the dog anyway. I too spent a long time trying to convince myself that the Polish was good (and it sorta is) but it just leaves me wanting for a proper sausage.

Edit: might be because I grew up with a bunch of great uncles and poo poo that made proper sausage and lived in a town formerly called Berlin. Had so much quality sausage in my holes from a very young age.

Bruh, the polish is a hot dog with the flavor turned up to 11.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

FogHelmut posted:

Bruh, the polish is a hot dog with the flavor turned up to 11.

It's a hotdog pretending to be a sausage and becomes less than the sum of it's parts.

It's still wonderful but dog is better

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Polish is the king dog.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Polish sausage is 100% plumper, firmer, and more flavourful than regular.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

polish is more expensive than a regular dog though, where I live.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Math You posted:

I ate every half meter rostbratwurst I could find in Berlin and Frankfurt over the last few weeks; while I agree that they are better, the polish at Costco is really good too.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I finally tried the BBQ brisket sandwich and it wasn't very good, gonna stick to my 1.50 combo, pizza, and chicken bake supremacy

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

All the BBQ briskets in my area have been replaced with either chili or (the rare) cheeseburger.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I think it's pretty good.

It's just not as good as the hot dog + soda (with refill) or italian sausage.

I haven't had a chicken bake in a while either I have fond memories of those as a teenager.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I have a dresser from Costco that I love. I wish I could have bought more of the set, but they were sold out of the rest. Only issue with it being that it is heavy since it is made with wood as opposed to press board.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

HFX posted:

I have a dresser from Costco that I love. I wish I could have bought more of the set, but they were sold out of the rest. Only issue with it being that it is heavy since it is made with wood as opposed to press board.

That's not a negative at all. Particle board is poo poo.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Wood is usually lighter than pressboard because pressboard is like 90% glue which is heavy.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey friends, just posting from the Costco food court enjoying a brat and my first refill waiting for fresh tires to be put on my car. Life is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Renegret posted:

I haven't had a chicken bake in a while either I have fond memories of those as a teenager.

Tried one about a month or so ago, would describe it as filling yet bland.