Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Krankenstyle posted:

I'm sure theres a CDC franchise in DC or up north somewhere, maybe they could go to the UN building or the WHO? Who knows, could be zombies were originally caused by autistic vaccines or raw milk or something.

For gently caress sake. They are sitting in a 3 mile radius in Virginia just waiting for Handsome Leather Daddy to come kill them.
There are not that many "good guys" left so just load everyone up in the bus, make a supply caravan and loving head west.

I watch a TON of bad horror movies and the worst ones, like TWD, are just boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I started TWD the other day just because it's The Thing to talk about at work and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't watch it and I still can't be assed to care about it. I watched the first four seasons because my ex made me catch up and watch season 4 with her but I've had no interest in going past that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You're writing a zombie story. What ending is there beyond "They all died. No moral!"

they kill all the zombies, and the black guy survives, but then he gets shot by some racist white guys

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Len posted:

I started TWD the other day just because it's The Thing to talk about at work and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't watch it and I still can't be assed to care about it. I watched the first four seasons because my ex made me catch up and watch season 4 with her but I've had no interest in going past that.

It's bad. have they explained why people turn int o zomboes yet

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s a disease and everyone has it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GelatinSkeleton posted:

It's bad. have they explained why people turn int o zomboes yet

Unknown airborne virus that everyone has... probably.
and that no one is immune to... maybe.

SEASON 8
Carl, Rick's kid gets bitten but it sure takes a while for him to show symptoms. It's currently in the mid-season break and they ended without confirming that he is turning.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Inzombiac posted:

Unknown airborne virus that everyone has... probably.
and that no one is immune to... maybe.

SEASON 8
Carl, Rick's kid gets bitten but it sure takes a while for him to show symptoms. It's currently in the mid-season break and they ended without confirming that he is turning.

Yeah everyone is infected but apparently bites just speed it along because a zombie’s mouth is a cesspool of disease.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tunicate posted:

they kill all the zombies, and the black guy survives, but then he gets shot by some racist white guys

Except that movie was good

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Heartbreak Hotel : the bellhop's TEARS keep flowing, not his tips.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wi-Fi stands for wiber-fiber :doh:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

No it doesn't.

The easiest place for me pull from is Wikipedia, but it matches what I have in some of my dead-tree reference materials.

quote:

The name Wi-Fi, commercially used at least as early as August 1999,[18] was coined by the brand-consulting firm Interbrand. The Wi-Fi Alliance had hired Interbrand to create a name that was "a little catchier than 'IEEE 802.11b Direct Sequence'."[19][20] Phil Belanger, a founding member of the Wi-Fi Alliance who presided over the selection of the name "Wi-Fi", has stated that Interbrand invented Wi-Fi as a pun upon the word hi-fi.[21]

Interbrand also created the Wi-Fi logo. The yin-yang Wi-Fi logo indicates the certification of a product for interoperability.[22]

The Wi-Fi Alliance used the nonsense advertising slogan "The Standard for Wireless Fidelity" for a short time after the brand name was created.[19][22][23] The name was, however, never officially "Wireless Fidelity".[24] Nevertheless, the Wi-Fi Alliance was also called the "Wireless Fidelity Alliance Inc" in some publications[25] and the IEEE's own website has stated "WiFi is a short name for Wireless Fidelity".[26]

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You mean the free encyclopedia anyone can edit? I'm wise to you, buddy. :raise:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
TWD as a comic was started as a storytelling experiment on the idea of 'what would it actually be like to LIVE in a Zombie Apocalypse if we had to follow the survivors for longer than a movie'. When you read the first book, the foreword makes it pretty clear they're not sure how long they'll choose to go or even how it will develop, they just wanna try it out.

The TV series takes this concept and absolutely runs it into the ground until you hate it and wished it HAD ended. Robert Kirkman opened a terrible Pandora's Box of pop culture.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Jan 4, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

After listening to this song approximately 1,000 times over the past year, I finally realized that Side Pony by Lake Street Dive isn't just about the exuberant and classically carefree hairstyle, but about having a dude on the side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlEGalPJm7Y

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pen is short for penjamin :prepop:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

It's actually from the British wibby-fibby. Just like willawonks.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wireless-Fiction.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

Pen is short for penjamin :prepop:
Pennifer if it’s a girl.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I learned that caffeine withdrawl / detox takes more than one form. It took me a week of low-level panicing about my abnormally-high heart rate even when relaxing to realize that I hadn't had a tea or an energy drink in the same time span. I normally just get really bad headaches.

I was feeling really good that I wasn't drinking any of that stuff, and wasn't having withdrawl headaches. :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Jan 6, 2018

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I just realized that Tinder is a play on words/a reference to/a joke about match.com. In my defense I don't use either Tinder or match.com, but I have used a lot of actual matches recently to light candles and then it dawned on me.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I mean, probably not. The immediate thing that comes to mind is some tinder and then a spark and it like, ignites into a passionate romance.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Legs too!

Edit: owls are simultaneously much smaller and longer but also bigger and wider than you realise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSGHNfxxDjw&t=33s

I just love this picture. The owl is so intent on loving me up that some joker basically lifting it's skirt up down doesn't invoke a reaction, if anything it just makes it angrier at ME.

It's such a good picture I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Icochet posted:

I just love this picture. The owl is so intent on loving me up that some joker basically lifting it's skirt up down doesn't invoke a reaction, if anything it just makes it angrier at ME.

It's such a good picture I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

Science has shown that once an owl fixates on something it's almost impossible to make it turn away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYL7fa3rxV0

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Science has shown that once an owl fixates on something it's almost impossible to make it turn away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYL7fa3rxV0

Good lord. The pure, justified hatred in their yes..

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hail storms are caused by ice and debris from Hailey's comet building up in the upper atmosphere.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

So close! It's actually hall storms from Halley's Comet.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Hirayuki posted:

So close! It's actually hall storms from Halley's Comet.

That's where cough drops come from. :rolleye:

Jesus people, Google is your friend.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

syscall girl posted:

Dweezil is my personal favorite.

Unlike Moon, that is not his birth name.

Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa.

Dross has a new favorite as of 06:48 on Jan 10, 2018

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Guess I finally have something to post here.

The venerable tea manufacturer is called Twinings, and not TwinNing(no s).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I just now realized the pun in the Beatles.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Leavemywife posted:

I just now realized the pun in the Beatles.

When I caught it it actually took away from the name a little, for me.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Dross posted:

Unlike Moon, that is not his birth name.

Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa.

But it would have been his birth name if the hospital had let Frank have his way.

quote:

Dweezil's registered birth name was Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa.[5] The hospital at which he was born refused to register him under the name Dweezil, so Frank listed the names of several musician friends. "Dweezil" was a nickname coined by Frank for an oddly-curled pinky-toe of Gail's. At the age of five years, Dweezil learned that his legal name was different, and he insisted on having his nickname become his legal name. Gail and Frank hired an attorney and soon the name Dweezil was official.[6]

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scaramouche posted:

Guess I finally have something to post here.

The venerable tea manufacturer is called Twinings, and not TwinNing(no s).

See also: Canon, Philips*
*) Not to be confused with Phillips

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Also Zowie Bowie is actually Duncan Zowie Jones because David Jones never legally changed his name to his stage name. Which he adopted to avoid being confused with Davy Jones of the Monkees.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Also Zowie Bowie is actually Duncan Zowie Jones because David Jones never legally changed his name to his stage name. Which he adopted to avoid being confused with Davy Jones of the Monkees.

I assume you're talking about David Bowie, and just had a keyboard malfunction of some kind.

I was sorting my music and didn't know if I should file Bowie under B for his "last name" or if I should have done D since it's a stage name. If he never legally changed his name, I guess I should file him under David.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

IUG posted:

I assume you're talking about David Bowie, and just had a keyboard malfunction of some kind.

I was sorting my music and didn't know if I should file Bowie under B for his "last name" or if I should have done D since it's a stage name. If he never legally changed his name, I guess I should file him under David.

My rule is if your stage name sounds like it’s supposed to be a human name it should be sorted by last name (as every record store in existence surely does with Bowie) but if it’s just an odd name that happens to be two words (Mos Def) then put it by first.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

flashback to 9th grade and not being able to find Aqualung anywhere in the T section of the record store

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Envelopes envelop, and Ecuador is on the equator.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Petty, Tom
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

meme_of_guy_sweating_while_deciding_to_press_two_buttons.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

IUG posted:

Petty, Tom
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers