Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I guess in my personal bleeding heart commie sensabilities I do agree with the sentiment that rampant deregulation is one of America's problems, but I feel that the dudebro supplement industry is way the gently caress down on that list to the point of being hilariously trivisl to even bring up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

The chael sonnen method.

That’s not Chanel, it’s some guy that sounds kinda Mexican

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
As far as I’m concerned the mongoloid idiot who forgot that supplements aren’t regulated in dumb rear end America can eat bug cocks and rat cocks or any other weird cocks he wants in his supplements. No judgement

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Bluedeanie posted:

I guess in my personal bleeding heart commie sensabilities I do agree with the sentiment that rampant deregulation is one of America's problems, but I feel that the dudebro supplement industry is way the gently caress down on that list to the point of being hilariously trivisl to even bring up

wish they would put meth or random steroids in all the herbal supplements that are just 70% rice powder i say with my low t count and depression

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the American government not bothering to check what's in the supplements its citizens are putting into their mouths and its refusal to punish bad actors because it might be bad for the bottom line is definitely a great example of why this country is trash. if we had a functioning free market economy where information was actually available to consumers, instead of a situation where firms could operate under government approved obscurantism until they kill someone, Jon Jones would likely still be fighting.

I do expect the supp market to be a lot less wild wild west once Orrin Hatch leaves the senate because a lot of. This is due to legislation he's fiercely protective of that prevents these companies from ever facing any liability. This is because he represents corporations from Utah where the huge supply of young dudes comfortable going door to door selling people religion has made Utah the MLM capital of the world for companies like lifevantage or whatever and regulating them would be Bad for Business.

America is a lootocracy and this is a great example of why

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

wish they would put meth or random steroids in all the herbal supplements that are just 70% rice powder i say with my low t count and depression

yah imo the real bad part of the lack of any fda oversight is desperate old people with arthritis and poo poo getting bilked by mike dolce style r words to buy very expensive aloe vera tablets that are mostly magnesium or starch

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

A fighter tweeting that America is trash would generate an insane amount of hype and promotional force if the reaction here is indicative of anything.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Horney posted:

the American government not bothering to check what's in the supplements its citizens are putting into their mouths and its refusal to punish bad actors because it might be bad for the bottom line is definitely a great example of why this country is trash. if we had a functioning free market economy where information was actually available to consumers, instead of a situation where firms could operate under government approved obscurantism until they kill someone, Jon Jones would likely still be fighting.

I do expect the supp market to be a lot less wild wild west once Orrin Hatch leaves the senate because a lot of. This is due to legislation he's fiercely protective of that prevents these companies from ever facing any liability. This is because he represents corporations from Utah where the huge supply of young dudes comfortable going door to door selling people religion has made Utah the MLM capital of the world for companies like lifevantage or whatever and regulating them would be Bad for Business.

drat. I’m gonna read this. Just need to get motivated

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
when he talked badly about america we all freaked out, it wasn't his dick head expert tone while being totally wrong then his dumb rear end hole response when he was corrected. we all lvoe america more than anything and will defend it no matter what

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/4/16849210/nick-diaz-didnt-cheat-suspended-by-usada-anyway-mma

This is bullshit and shouldn't be allowed to apply to Nick Diaz because he's not a responsible adult

mewse
May 2, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

when he talked badly about america we all freaked out, it wasn't his dick head expert tone while being totally wrong then his dumb rear end hole response when he was corrected. we all lvoe america more than anything and will defend it no matter what

It is me the iron persian and I am here to bring shariah law to the infidel america

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If anyone insults America on my watch I’ll throw them in a trash can and then throw the trash can in the ocean. If you hate America feel free to swim to Russia in your free trash can.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The twelve remaining posters in this thread are all patriots and we have don’t tread on me stickers on our pickup trucks.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Gay Horney posted:

It's always the fuckin' Mormons.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/4/16849210/nick-diaz-didnt-cheat-suspended-by-usada-anyway-mma

This is bullshit and shouldn't be allowed to apply to Nick Diaz because he's not a responsible adult

Nick Diaz wants to fight*

*as long as he's paid 80 million dollars and it's for a belt

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Skip My Posts posted:

same, op

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you get 3 chances a year and they tell you after each mistake, seems to me like he doesnt care and isnt interested in fighting

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you only get a strike if someone shows up for a random test on you and youre not where you said youd be too. otherwise they wouldnt know. so a lot of fighters couldnt even get 3 missed whereabouts if they tried

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

you get 3 chances a year and they tell you after each mistake, seems to me like he doesnt care and isnt interested in fighting

That's what I'd think for a normal person but Nick thought he'd never paid taxes in his life because any kind of responsibility in his life has to be delegated, so it doesn't surprise me that he's loving up his life because he assumed that one of his hangers on was pressing the have a career button on their smartphone but it still sucks

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

I.N.R.I posted:

You seem to fundamentally not understand the Diaz brothers and likely never will due to recently mandated lanuage changes in this thread.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

You seem to fundamentally not understand the Diaz brothers and likely never will due to recently mandated lanuage changes in this thread.

He's a bad h word (Hombre)

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I.N.R.I posted:

you only get a strike if someone shows up for a random test on you and youre not where you said youd be too. otherwise they wouldnt know. so a lot of fighters couldnt even get 3 missed whereabouts if they tried

i imagine an accurate accounting beyond "long bike ride" "running around for miles" and "swimming in the ocean" for nick or his handlers would be tough.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

i mean if hes actually retarded in the head then should he really be fighting anyway. i feel like there should at least be a bar set somewhere for athletes to have to clear

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Matt Brown says he'd be willing to come out of semi-retirement for a throwdown with Condit.

I'd be real nice to finally see those two sling even if they're both done at this point.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/...rlos-condit-ufc

i dont want to watch this

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/949067986886897665

Robbie Lawler's leg got hosed up

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I'd be fine if Brutal Bob retires and bequeaths his nickname to Whittaker or something. His unexpected late career renaissance was awesome and gave us three of the best UFC title fights ever, but he's been fighting for a decade and a half now.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Looking forward to Jon's dipshit management telling everyone he expects to be fighting soon then spending a million dollars on a marathon arbitration hearing that gets him both the maximum suspension as well as a written statement by the guys he just paid saying what a colossal dumbass he is

I loved the official's written decision after the dick pill thing where the guy or girl writing it clearly thought the excuse was a load of poo poo but appeared to not be able to say it because of the parties submitting an agreed set of facts

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

JaySB posted:

Ric Flair, The Rock, Floyd Mayweather, Steve Smith (NFL), Larry Bird, Draymond Green,

Conor talks with the best of them imo

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Penne has been suspended for 18 months for steroids. She was apparently taking some supplement at the direction of a doctor who was unfamiliar with the needs of UFC athletes. She tried to get a retroactive TUE, but couldn't get it because that supplement was not medically necessary.

https://twitter.com/usantidoping/status/949340395103809536

Rigel fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 5, 2018

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
conor clowned draymond green completely so i'm not sure how you could have him on that dumb rear end list

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

didn't cyborg get a retroactive TUE recently, I think it was for an IV rather than any substance but still

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

handsome only face posted:

didn't cyborg get a retroactive TUE recently, I think it was for an IV rather than any substance but still

Cyborg got it for a medication and not an IV. She is also more important than Penne and more likely to get leniency in the name of profits.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Trast posted:

Cyborg got it for a medication and not an IV. She is also more important than Penne and more likely to get leniency in the name of profits.

Cyborg also took an actual medication for a bona-fide medical condition. Penne took a sketchy supplement because a doctor said "hey, I think this supplement is good".

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Rigel posted:

Cyborg also took an actual medication for a bona-fide medical condition. Penne took a sketchy supplement because a doctor said "hey, I think this supplement is good".

If I recall the thread conversation back then the reason for using the medication was a real stretch and it also had a reputation for being used as a PED or masking agent. Also come on its Cyborg.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The Cyborg TUE conversation is what the second Jones failure would sound like if he weren't a complete dumbass -- most likely a doping cover-up but with that veneer of medical authority.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

handsome only face posted:

It was for sipronolactone which can be used to counter the manly handsomeness caused by the steroids she doesn’t take

mewse
May 2, 2006

If you look closely at Cyborg's physique there are some indications that her hormones are messed up

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Rigel posted:

Penne has been suspended for 18 months for steroids. She was apparently taking some supplement at the direction of a doctor who was unfamiliar with the needs of UFC athletes. She tried to get a retroactive TUE, but couldn't get it because that supplement was not medically necessary.

https://twitter.com/usantidoping/status/949340395103809536

Penne in hot water. Now brought to a boil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm gonna need a graph showing the relative stupidity of various test/disclosure failures. Jones at the bottom, maybe Machida's DHEA thing next.

• Locked thread