Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ryoga posted:

Tekken has bad walk speed, everything else is good though.

Except everyone's outfits. They are really hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Except everyone's outfits. They are really hideous.

That's why the game has such robust customization options.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmao

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I play poo poo tier Tekken and lemme tell you, backdashing and then whiff punishing with a juggle combo feels reeeeaaaaal nice.

I only have enough energy to play one fighting game at a time though so it's wonderful knowing that now that I've gotten the hang of (extremely basic) Tekken I have about three weeks before I switch to DBZ for an indeterminate time.

Tekken games have dumb long lifespans tho so I know it'll be waiting for me whenever I get back to it at least.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 4, 2018

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's weird for me because I grew up playing a whole bunch of Fighting games and I played Tekken 2 when i was a kid, and it wasn't until tekken 7 many many years later when i understood how to play the drat game.

I loving love Tekken 7. It's also weird wanting this game, waiting a year to be released to the states properly, and utterly enjoying it. It's a whole other thing entirely when you can have a completely 3D Geese Howard go toe to toe with a complete 3D Akuma. This is some next level Mugen poo poo

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 4, 2018

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Baal where you been, how come you don't come around goonsgarden Discord?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
To anyone who might care, the newest Touhou fighter is being released on Steam tomorrow. It's a lot less lovely than the last two ones so maybe you'll be into it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Capcom made everyone shittier again https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jan/04/street-fighter-5-arcade-edition-patch-notes-released-reportedly-not-final/

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
"Circumstances have been changed."

Also I can't look at eventhubs on my phone for more than 2 seconds before a redirect ad with infinite pop up dialogues.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh they're still translating throughout the day. I ctrl+F'd Juri and was prepared to laugh.

Edit: Every circumstance has been changed I don't know how I feel about this.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 4, 2018

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I don’t know y’all, Chun Li might be back. f+HK crush counters, b+HK hits people who are crossing you up, SBK damage up, instant air lightning legs hit stun up

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011
I guess the whole 'circumstances' thing just means 'removed throw loops'

Though, throw loops were 'removed' once before, weren't they? Just like aa jabs

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ADTerminal posted:

I want to say only on some characters, but I might be misremembering.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mango sentinel posted:

"Circumstances have been changed."

Also I can't look at eventhubs on my phone for more than 2 seconds before a redirect ad with infinite pop up dialogues.

Yup

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

their concept of patching/updating is so bizarre to me. Why even bother changing literally one frame on like every normal and changing damage by like 5-10. who gives a poo poo. none of it addresses the core issues even remotely

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

I wonder what they did to my Zangief...(looks at patch notes)......loving 8 frames added on whiff, for SPD and 5 frames just added no matter what on Double Lariat.

Feels like they hit him with a nerf hammer pretty hard.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's too early for any of us to fully grasp these new circumstances.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm just happy that they finally Adjusted the move's collision box during movement.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brosnan posted:

Baal where you been, how come you don't come around goonsgarden Discord?

Because I work a job that keeps me out a lot and when I come home I either sleep, play bad mobile games while watching stuff on my pc, or watch Harry Potter/Crappy Netflix shows with my roommates.

Any free time I have on discord is dedicated to my discord wife or my personal group of friends who play Hots.

I do try to play FGs and post occasionally though because goonsgarden is my internet family still, but I forget stuff and put more time into lovely Capcom fighters than tekken and guilty gear so there is a bit of shame there too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey capcom if you want to make ed better how about you give him a loving overhead instead of having v trigger be his only real mix up option

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Why would you buy an xbox in 2017 is another equally valid question

only one system has gears of war 4 and uh ryse. the windows store doesn't count

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Rip in pieces Juri Kuradoberi

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Sweet, I've loved all I've played with my younger brother at his house, I just was worried about its community and future plans. I don't want to drop in at its decline.

there are still a lot of ppl playing it at any given time on steam and i imagine there's more on ps4 if you buy it on that system

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

In Training posted:

their concept of patching/updating is so bizarre to me. Why even bother changing literally one frame on like every normal and changing damage by like 5-10. who gives a poo poo. none of it addresses the core issues even remotely

We live in a post-League of Legends world

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

In Training posted:

the core issues of the game are intentional design decisions

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol they nerfed a bunch of bad characters because of course they would

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Captain Baal posted:

Because I work a job that keeps me out a lot and when I come home I either sleep, play bad mobile games while watching stuff on my pc, or watch Harry Potter/Crappy Netflix shows with my roommates.

Any free time I have on discord is dedicated to my discord wife or my personal group of friends who play Hots.

I do try to play FGs and post occasionally though because goonsgarden is my internet family still, but I forget stuff and put more time into lovely Capcom fighters than tekken and guilty gear so there is a bit of shame there too.

Play me in gg bitch

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

anime was right posted:

lol they nerfed a bunch of bad characters because of course they would

At least Juri might be better now, maybe.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What are the cammy changes?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Real hurthling! posted:

What are the cammy changes?

circumstances, hitboxes and hurtboxes are changed

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ADTerminal posted:

Yeah this is definitely the insane pushback they added to throws that someone had found earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpuL7AZmJ5o

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kolin's changes seems ok tbh

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Kolin's changes seems ok tbh

I see a lot of people complaining about her vtrigger but I don't play the character and have no idea how to parse these notes so idk what actually changed.

EDIT: lol it was her VSkill actually. Now it is -8 on block and +2 on hit, so you can't combo after it unless you counter hit. Capcom is such a brain genius company.

fadam fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 4, 2018

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
The changes seem really boring for a season 3 imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Booyah- posted:

Yeah this is definitely the insane pushback they added to throws that someone had found earlier

Cant you just walk up and still throw them again.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In Training posted:

Cant you just walk up and still throw them again.

I think the idea is that you probably can't do a meaty throw after a throw?
That would be my guess at least.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Booyah- posted:

Why would the characters being able to do throw after throw be a bad thing? Couldn't the opponent just tech out of the throw?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

It gave characters something resembling a mixup game, which must not be allowed

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

THE CIRCUMSTANCES posted:

Menat
Soul Spark
• A new move Menat can use when her Crystal Ball is out on the field, Soul Spark, has been added to the game.

Reveal Lisa Lisa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A throw into a throw into a throw being the best corner mixup option for every character in the game is a great thing which makes the game a lot of fun to play and watch.