Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

slrpnls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I actively seek out horrible movies to watch and I’m a huge fan of Neil Breen’s garbage, but Birdemic made me so angry, I shut it off with 10 minutes left because I couldn’t stand wasting one more second of my life watching it. It is absolutely wretched and I wish bad things to happen to anyone involved in it’s creation. The twenty seconds of clip art birds bombing the city is literally the only scene worth watching.

SOLAR PANELS

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I actively seek out horrible movies to watch and I’m a huge fan of Neil Breen’s garbage, but Birdemic made me so angry, I shut it off with 10 minutes left because I couldn’t stand wasting one more second of my life watching it. It is absolutely wretched and I wish bad things to happen to anyone involved in it’s creation. The twenty seconds of clip art birds bombing the city is literally the only scene worth watching.

SOLAR PANELS

Friend, maybe you should Imagine Peace.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Please; I could do Birdemic standing on my head.

Rollergator, on the other hand...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do I hate myself enough to pay for and watch Rollergator?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Stop saying slrpnls?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RandomPauI posted:

You're a goon, so, yes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Speaking as someone who did and did, no you don't. It honestly took me three tries to power through that one. As in I had to stop, leave it for like a day, then come back to it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Honestly, Rollergator is basically unwatchable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If it didnt have the endless, loud, looping background music you could maybe do it but as it is it becomes physically painful very quickly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rollergator is a very easy watch as you will find yourself doing literally anything else within 10 minutes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

My wife handled The Room and Birdemic with increasingly exasperated aplomb, but Rollergator was her limit and she has forbidden repeat viewings.

Everytime we pass a solar farm now, I hear a mumbled "solponz!" from her side of the car.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Finally found one that broke me. I tried watching I Believe In Santa Claus and bailed 30 minutes in. Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny was more entertaining and easier to follow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It will never make sense, strap in for Seal Team Santa, an Ogre eating a puppy, and direct flights to Santa's forest.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RandomPauI posted:

It will never make sense, strap in for Seal Team Santa, an Ogre eating a puppy, and direct flights to Santa's forest.

Also don't forget African Warlord who kidnapped the parents!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only part of I Believe in Santa Clause that makes sense is the direct flights to santas house. The government at the time did a tourism push to claim Santas house was in that location and its a big tourist attraction even today to take kids to for christmas.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, how many people die a year getting lost in Santa's forest, or getting eaten by wolves and ogres?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So, apparently RiffTrax is going to be LIVE in LONDON

RiffTrax posted:

We hope your 2018 is off to a great start. We thought we’d help ring it in by letting you know about a major announcement first. As the header image above indicates, we’re packing our bags and heading across the pond for our first-ever RiffTrax Live - in London!

You read that right. RiffTrax Live is taking the stage for the first time ever in the U.K! For just one night, we're riffing two of our favorite -- sorry, *favourite* -- films LIVE and IN PERSON from the spectacular Prince Charles Cinema in London!

Join us for an evening featuring two of our most beloved RiffTrax subjects: Ed Wood’s magnum opus Plan 9 From Outer Space and the best action movie to feature a lead actor in a wig, Samurai Cop! Both shows are happening on the same night, February 15th, 2018, at the Prince Charles Cinema in London.

If you're a riffing fan in the U.K. who has been waiting patiently for a RiffTrax Live event to come to your town, then this is your cup of tea. Head over to RiffTrax.com/Live to get your tickets for either show starting right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

Yeah, that movie has a terrible opening but once they get on a plane it really takes off.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

So, apparently RiffTrax is going to be LIVE in LONDON

God I would've loved this six years ago.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, that movie has a terrible opening but once they get on a plane it really takes off.

:rimshot:

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Barudak posted:

The only part of I Believe in Santa Clause that makes sense is the direct flights to santas house. The government at the time did a tourism push to claim Santas house was in that location and its a big tourist attraction even today to take kids to for christmas.

The credits thank the government of every filming location except Rovaniemi. Maybe there was some guerilla filmmaking going on?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New VOD - Starship Invasions.

quote:

Now that those parties are receiving the medical help and/or electroshock therapy they need, the rest of you can enjoy Starship Invasions. The action starts when an obese septuagenarian farmer is abducted so a seductive alien can harvest his bodily fluids, and it barely lets up after that! By “barely lets up” we of course mean “many characters communicate via telepathy because it was way cheaper to shoot without worrying about lip sync.”

When the abducted earthlings start offing themselves in increasingly comical ways, The Intergalactic League of Races grow frustrated with the leader of the aliens, played by Christopher Lee with his head stuck in one of the arm holes of his leotard. Will war break out somewhere in the stars? Is the League of Races underwater pyramid the crappiest set we’ve ever seen?? Will Lemon Drink be eyed??? Find out when Mike, Kevin, and Bill riff Starship Invasions!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That's got to be one of loving weirdest movies I've ever seen.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Picked this up along with Star Games so I am set for weird SF films for a bit. Important question: Does Starship Invasions feature a bear in any way?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Jet Jaguar posted:

Picked this up along with Star Games so I am set for weird SF films for a bit. Important question: Does Starship Invasions feature a bear in any way?

Bears are so 2017. We'll have wait until at least the next VOD to see what 2018's theme is.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth buying?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

RandomPauI posted:

Is it worth buying?

The movie itself is pretty bad even by low-budget 70s standards. They made an interesting choice of having all the aliens communicate telepathically. Probably saved a ton on ADR. Riffing is okay. I did get a good laugh at the CVS receipt joke.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jet Jaguar posted:

Christopher Lee's in it, if that counts.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
They wanted to do this movie on the original MST3K but were never able to get it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This was a good one. The movie is delightfully silly on its own (it feels like a bunch of kids snuck on to the Space 1999 set and made their own movie) and the riffs just deflate whatever dramatic pretensions the film has into further silliness.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched the Improve Your Pronunciation short via Night of the Shorts and I have never been angrier watching a Rifftrax video.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

I watched the Improve Your Pronunciation short via Night of the Shorts and I have never been angrier watching a Rifftrax video.
Bob account spotted.

Game, set...Blandford. :smuggo:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Gavok posted:

Acrosst!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

TVs Ian posted:

Acrosst!

With contempt: not acrosst, ACROSS.

I love that short.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I found my wife does the acrost thing, so in my head I now hear "oh COME ON!" every time she says it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Anyone watch The Journey: Absolution? I love DeCoteau but paying for his movies instead of seeing them on Amazon Prime seems strange and foreign to me.

I hope they do Totem though.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I haven't dared to expose myself to Rollergator yet, but I have not been able to make it through mst3k Hamlet without falling asleep.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

MassRafTer posted:

I hope they do Totem though.

I'm still surprised they haven't riffed Gymkata yet. So many references over the years, you'd think that'd be an obvious fan demand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

MassRafTer posted:

Anyone watch The Journey: Absolution?
Yes and it's a great riff but I left it feeling kinda sorry for the director, who clearly just wanted to make some spaceboy softcore and ended up with whatever that was instead.