Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

Seth Rogan wasn't in Donnie Darko...

*googles*

Wait, what. How have I never caught that. :stare:

I read that as Donnie Brasco and thought it'd be a young Seth Rogan getting shot in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm looking forward to movies in the future when characters make all of the right decisions

not

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm watching season 4 of The Sopranos and it's funny that people still loved Rudy Giuliani at the time.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It would have been fine if they just came out and said 'let's pretend abortion and other contraceptive after-the-fact solutions exist and all of this is a fever dream designed to get to a certain point.' It wasn't a point of making GBS threads on anybody, it was that the whole situation had to pull some major credibility strings that it didn't really have to. Also, I completely forgot that Apatow's wife's subplot was basically a very good reason why marriage and having responsibilities in that way is not something to be taken lightly. If the movie was honest about the plot, the movie would have ended with Heigl getting an abortion and the Marijuana Muppet telling her that he was free to live his life the way he wanted and if she didn't like it she could leave it, which she had already decided on about twenty minutes in. And there's a lot of material in the movie to show that Apatow's idea of adulthood and marriage is basically 'you have to do it and you're going to do it so just cut to the suffering and divorce already.' It's a very pessimistic view of marriage and, to be honest, it really does push the idea that our cultural viewpoints on marriage are like brussel sprouts at Christmas: nobody knows why we do it, but we do and we hate it and it's tradition and blah blah just shut up and accept it via peer pressure blah.

(emphasis added)

I assume there's supposed to be a "don't" in there?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

The whole psychopath/OCD angle of Julia Roberts' villainous husband in Sleeping With the Enemy is already pretty silly by today's standards, but it's downright hilarious when we come upon a scene that's supposed to be DRIPPING with menace, when Roberts' husband is working out intently in some kind of hate-induced trance, but instead he's just flailing around on some outdated stairmaster.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm watching season 4 of The Sopranos and it's funny that people still loved Rudy Giuliani at the time.

Not everybody loved him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SznGSjcNlQ0

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Mu Zeta posted:

Please always use his full name: Rudy "9/11. 9/11. Did I mention 9/11? Because I was mayor on 9/11. 9/11. 9/11" Giuliani.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dexie posted:

Seth Rogan wasn't in Donnie Darko...

*googles*

Wait, what. How have I never caught that. :stare:

I could probably win a fair bit of cash in pubs with it if I could come up with the right question. As movie cameos that people forget go it's up there with Jim Carrey appearing in the last Dirty Harry movie.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jedit posted:

I could probably win a fair bit of cash in pubs with it if I could come up with the right question. As movie cameos that people forget go it's up there with Jim Carrey appearing in the last Dirty Harry movie.

Ben Affleck was in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie too.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Has anyone seen the movie White Oleander in the last 15 years?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

George Clooney was in Return of the Killer Tomatoes. Which is a pretty funny movie.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
That guy from Rosanne and the Big Bang Theory was Rusty in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

Jane Krakowski from 30 Rock was the Cousin Eddy's daughter in the original National Lampoon.

I'm pretty sure at least one kid in every one of those movies turned out to have a career, which is a pretty good ratio.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

George Clooney was in Return of the Killer Tomatoes. Which is a pretty funny movie.

I like the gag where he throws the pizza dough in the air.

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'
Zach Braff's 30 seconds in Manhattan Murder Mystery as Woody Allen's son was weird as hell.

Let's not forget also that Kim Cattrall was in the first Police Academy movie.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I like the gag where he throws the pizza dough in the air.

I want to try making the really weird pizzas. They all sound worse than TMNT pizzas even.

edit:
Incase anyone wants to see people eating actual TMNT pizza creations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ATkAgcbmQ

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Jan 5, 2018

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Speaking of something that didn't... actually age well at all, this hilariously questionable CGI face of Tony's mom placed on another actor's body after the actress had died in real life. With lines from previous episodes dubbed over that didn't even fit the scene and were obviously recognizable from those previous episodes. I have no idea why they went with this and not the "she died off screen" poo poo they did later. She looks like a hologram and her hair style changes in between shots!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS0DQKHMpM8

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That was stupid even when it originally aired.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Homer steals cable

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Calaveron posted:

Homer steals cable

Remember when cable was something you'd actually want?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Calaveron posted:

Homer steals cable

Dental plan!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

Dental plan!

More like oldtoothless!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Homer steals cable

On a similar note: "Assume Fox viewing positions."

https://i.imgur.com/sXNTkyY.mp4

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I know this sentiment has been said before, but I wish my life was as awesome as Al Bundy's.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Krispy Wafer posted:

That guy from Rosanne and the Big Bang Theory was Rusty in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

And Juliette Lewis was Audrey :colbert:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Lisa goes to Washington

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Lisa goes to Washington

this isn't a thread for tv episodes that aged extremely well

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Jazerus posted:

this isn't a thread for tv episodes that aged extremely well

A person revealing blatant corruption and it resulting in something today lmao

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The FFVII remake is almost certainly stuck in development-hell, but should it get made they won't be throwing the word 'Retard' around so flippantly .

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Calaveron posted:

A person revealing blatant corruption and it resulting in something today lmao

That was the joke even back then, actually

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The FFVII remake is almost certainly stuck in development-hell, but should it get made they won't be throwing the word 'Retard' around so flippantly .

I'm honestly really surprised they haven't already changed that in the re-releases. Doesn't "fag" get used a couple times too?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Any Eye on Springfield segment is pure, unfiltered 90's

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Calaveron posted:

spoken like someone that doesn't like high-waisted bikinis, smdh

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Homer and Marge meeting in the late 70’s with Bart being born in 1981

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'

Calaveron posted:

Garfield would almost certainly be dead by now. He hasn't had a numbered birthday since his 29th in 2007, however.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

knife_of_justice posted:

Garfield would almost certainly be dead by now. He hasn't had a numbered birthday since his 29th in 2007, however.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Calaveron posted:

Personally I feel those episodes have actually aged better than the newer ones where Homer and Marge met in the 90s.

Maybe it's just because the older episodes were good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

Personally I feel those episodes have actually aged better than the newer ones where Homer and Marge met in the 90s.

Maybe it's just because the older episodes were good.

Yeah because at least the 80's don't really date themselves that much while the 90's episode hinges on Nirvana and Starbucks
Like I think the only super concrete 80's reference is Mr Burns playing Pac-Man in his office and the general griminess of the 80's

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Calaveron posted:

It truly honors its real life inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1LgtFILAKM

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Yeah because at least the 80's don't really date themselves that much while the 90's episode hinges on Nirvana and Starbucks
Like I think the only super concrete 80's reference is Mr Burns playing Pac-Man in his office and the general griminess of the 80's

Off the top of my head: Homer spoils Empire strikes back, 9 to 5 song plays, Homer sings Girls Just wanna have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Homer flips a switch in his house, not remembering what it does, and it lights up Christmas lights on his roof. "Merry Christmas 1986"