Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

Wood is usually lighter than pressboard because pressboard is like 90% glue which is heavy.

:what:

pressboard/particle board is way, way lighter than most types of solid wood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

belt posted:

Hey friends, just posting from the Costco food court enjoying a brat and my first refill waiting for fresh tires to be put on my car. Life is pretty good.

Remember that you can now make appointments for your free tire rotations. It sucked that you used to have to just wait for first come first serve.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

FormatAmerica posted:

Pressboard/particle board furniture feels heavier because it is shipped flatpacked and heavy as gently caress. I used to work for Office Depot and handled many O'Sullivan and Sauder particle board computer desks.

I would say lighter to heavier:
Pine, Particle/Press, Maple, Cherry, Oak

Edit: Structurally, p board is nowhere near hardwoods though. And don't get it wet.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Remember that you can now make appointments for your free tire rotations. It sucked that you used to have to just wait for first come first serve.

Bad thing about this. If the tire shop is even moderately busy, don't expect to walk in and get a rotation or whatever in under 2 hours. Or even that day if the schedule is full.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If you want to compare, a board foot is equivalent to 1 square foot 1" thick.

http://www.hooddistribution.com/product-weights/

MDF, particle board, etc are heavy as all balls.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can I get a free rotation as a member even if I didn't buy tires there?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Meydey posted:

Bad thing about this. If the tire shop is even moderately busy, don't expect to walk in and get a rotation or whatever in under 2 hours. Or even that day if the schedule is full.

This is especially true in the winter time. If your Costco is anything like mine, then you need to get there a half hour before they open, otherwise you'll have a double digit number of cars ahead of you and if you're lucky they may mostly be rotations, since they don't take as long as someone getting a new set of tires put on.

And while we're talking about the tire shop I'll add this. It may be incredibly convenient to have them check your tire pressure, but it is the exact opposite for the employees. They aren't allowed to just let you do it, so every time someone comes up needing a pressure check they have to drop what their doing and take care of it, which really sucks when you get a long line of people wanting to check their tire pressures. It ends up making each car in the shop take longer to get done. Sometimes they're lucky enough to not be so short staffed that they can have someone just stand there and do pressure checks but it doesn't always work out that way.

They trained me to work in the tire shop years ago and I hated it, so when the time came for me to update my tire shop certification I refused to do it so they would stop sending me out there.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
anyone have experience with costco's cheap ground coffee? I don't mind folgers and such so I'd probably be fine with it but just figured I'd ask first.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

No, you have to purchase the tires from Costco to get the free rotation.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

I have talked the Tire Shop mgr into doing a non-Costco tire flat repair but he still charged me $15. They were not busy at the time though.
The tires are good prices for good tires, but sometimes you just want to put poo poo tires on your beater. Michelins would double the value of a few of my cars.

Edit: Prob helped to be an employee

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
how often are you getting your tires rotated that you ever need to explicitly do just that? It just comes for free with most oil change places and they sink up in timing anyways.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

how often are you getting your tires rotated that you ever need to explicitly do just that? It just comes for free with most oil change places and they sink up in timing anyways.

I rotate tires every 7000 and oil changes every 10000

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I didn't even know this was a thing until I got in and actually started reading about it. I just knew that I was getting four tires installed for $70 off the price of the tires and no labor. Costco is the best.

PBUC

edit:

ArbitraryC posted:

:smug: I drive an electric car. :smug:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

I change my own oil but find it to be a pain in the rear end to rotate the tires myself.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ArbitraryC posted:

anyone have experience with costco's cheap ground coffee? I don't mind folgers and such so I'd probably be fine with it but just figured I'd ask first.

I got the medium roast, the one in the big bags, and it's pretty strong. I use a little less that I normally would in a coffee maker. Honestly it's not the best but I'm one of those guys who gets the stuff like Hazelnut grounds and stuff.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

It's decent, definitely better them most major brands.

Since the ex moved out, I've only been grinding my own, though. I love the whole bean coffee in the yellow bag.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

FogHelmut posted:

I change my own oil but find it to be a pain in the rear end to rotate the tires myself.
Respectable.

FCKGW posted:

I rotate tires every 7000 and oil changes every 10000

I just do em both every 6 months.

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?

Math You posted:

Just lol if you've never had a sausage so flavourful and aromatic that your farts caused you to vacate each room you dropped a bomb in.
Farts that seem more vapour than gas and settle into all of your clothing. Farts you carry with you for days after you last let one rip. A deep musk you can taste.

I pity anyone who's never had that kind of sausage
I am imbued with the essence of our lord

I must spread the message to lands far and wide

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

FormatAmerica posted:

Uh, nope.
Particle board is about 55 lbs per cubic foot. Hardwoods average 45 lbs, softwoods average around 28 lbs. Basically all lumberyard-available wood is lighter than MDF or particle board. Inexpensive softwood plywood is somewhere around 30.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just bought dinner for the whole family for under $10. PBUC

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Meydey posted:

Pressboard/particle board furniture feels heavier because it is shipped flatpacked and heavy as gently caress. I used to work for Office Depot and handled many O'Sullivan and Sauder particle board computer desks.

I would say lighter to heavier:
Pine, Particle/Press, Maple, Cherry, Oak

Edit: Structurally, p board is nowhere near hardwoods though. And don't get it wet.

I never thought I'd see osullivan mentioned. I put together so many of their prototypes from China that had no instructions when I was a teenager.

I also watched the town fall apart when they went under.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

ArbitraryC posted:

I bought it for a couple months after my grinder broke (well, it didn't break, my wife saw a bug crawl out of it and refused to let me use it any more even after disassembling and washing it, but :words: ) and I was too lazy to replace it, and for mass-market ground coffee, it's easily the best I've ever had. I wouldn't ever take it over fresh-ground, but it's pretty drat decent.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The Midniter posted:

I bought it for a couple months after my grinder broke (well, it didn't break, my wife saw a bug crawl out of it and refused to let me use it any more even after disassembling and washing it, but :words: ) and I was too lazy to replace it, and for mass-market ground coffee, it's easily the best I've ever had. I wouldn't ever take it over fresh-ground, but it's pretty drat decent.

Exactly. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and freshness.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

shame upon this member

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m 100% fully fine with no refunds on a god drat Christmas tree. She deserves death.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

shame upon this member
One of the employees yesterday at the Co I was at was cupshaming the pieces of poo poo that used water cups for soda.

I preferred excommunication

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
All faith's need an Inquisitor to clean up once in a while, lest the bad taint the good.

I am considering a dog presently even though I just ate lunch. :(

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?
wtf, it would be impossible to pick up all the needles that thing left behind.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

I buy the #10 can of chock full o nuts (don't know if it's nationally distributed or just my region [NE])

It's good as far as pre ground is

The whole bean is pretty good (Cuban one is great) and I think Costco's have coffee grinders in store you can do the whole bag with

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I have partaken upon the 'co today. Kirkland smoked pulled pork, two (2) packs of choice strip steak, various and sundry other items and 8 gallons of the most premium fuel available.

PBUC

e: oh and stuff to wipe my butt with.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

This person sucks.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

What the h*ck!!!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm going tomorrow to get glasses. I've never gotten glasses at Costco. Is it rad? I bet it's rad. I'm also gonna get a dog and drink combo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m 100% fully fine with no refunds on a god drat Christmas tree. She deserves death.

Sometimes we must sacrifice a lamb for the greater good of all.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mo_Steel posted:

All faith's need an Inquisitor to clean up once in a while, lest the bad taint the good.

I am considering a dog presently even though I just ate lunch. :(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Croatoan posted:

I'm going tomorrow to get glasses. I've never gotten glasses at Costco. Is it rad? I bet it's rad. I'm also gonna get a dog and drink combo.

You know this already but yes, it is rad.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has a kicking rad deal on their super study overhead storage kit. If you're a garage-haver, you should look into this

https://www.costco.com/SafeRacks-Ov....100133736.html

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Treat Costco fairly and it will treat you fairly

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Honestly, being this morally bankrupt is punishment enough. This is not a happy person with a good life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Taima posted:

Honestly, being this morally bankrupt is punishment enough. This is not a happy person with a good life.

You will be much happier in life when you realize that this is true of all negative, hateful, or otherwise "too cool" people.

-Costco Connection 12:8