Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

ibntumart posted:

Not at all! I almost went for having 10 PCs, but my craziness does have limits. I think.

Plus there are scenes where new PCs can easily be slotted in, so I'm treating the other applications as a reserve roster.

I also have a spare Fin Fang Foom writeup that almost saw the light of post as well, if you like! But just let me know if it comes up.

ibntumart posted:

Huh. I always thought she was basically an acrobatic furry with claws.

Well, she gets her powers from a god (at least, last I checked, DC likes to reinvent its characters every fortnight), but since she has to fight Wonder Woman, she has to be strong and fast enough to rate in that sort of DC comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

ibntumart posted:

Huh. I always thought she was basically an acrobatic furry with claws.

She's an archaeologist who ended up becoming the avatar of some cheetah god by an evil ritual by an evil shaman in the evil Amazon rainforest.

Except in Superfriends she's just a lady in pajamas who likes to scratch up the finish on Lex Luthor's countertops. Quoting another goon on Legion of Doom, though:

quote:

frankly I think Luthor was doing kind of a Big Brothers charity thing where he and the other two actual semi-competent supervillains basically ran an after-school program for disadvantaged villains like toyman and black manta

All but a few of the members of the Legion of Doom have actual drat super powers, the others just build killer teddy bears and guns that shoot farts or wear pajamas everywhere.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Mostly he'd phone up the Superfriends and tell them what the Legion was up to.

I'm not kidding, I've watched every episode of the Superfriends and that's about 90% of the Riddler's contribution in the episodes where he appears. He was basically an honorary member of the Justice League.

Good idea to get a supervillain receptionist, wonder if any of the others have a similar place in the team? Like toyman's only reason to be there is to take out the supervillain trash.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yo can we retcon it so Doom is monarch of Latvia rather than Latveria so we can make potato famine jokes? Asking for a friend.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If Doom was monarch of Latvia there would have been no potato famine, since unlike Richards, he actually uses his inventions to benefit people.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Defiance Industries posted:

If Doom was monarch of Latvia there would have been no potato famine, since unlike Richards, he actually uses his inventions to benefit people.

Is not potato Doombot. Is secret police Doombot. Sush is life.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Sorry IC thread isn't up yet---I've been madly prepping for an international flight. Depending on airport wi-fi and charging stations, I'll try to have it up a bit later.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I also have a spare Fin Fang Foom writeup that almost saw the light of post as well, if you like! But just let me know if it comes up.

You should put the writeup up anyway. :colbert: Is there even a Marvel or general superhero thread anymore? I miss the brainstorming and write-ups in the old thread.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Yo, don't stress, we'll be here when you get back.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I saw Thor and I'm all jacked up for this poo poo, who's with me?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I want to see Thor, but am worried it will be dubbed in German and I won't be able to (1) understand or (2) stop laughing at what will surely be over-the-top dubbing for Hemsworth and Blanchett.

Also: IC thread will go up soon. Sooner if the Matterhorn lift is closed due to excessive rain. :argh:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My choices were see it this weekend, or wait until next weekend when I’m in a real city and see it in imax. I’m waiting it out, i think that’s the right choice

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I swear upon the ruins of Asgard the IC post is coming this day... already partially written, but new job decided we're starting at a crazy early hour today. Mea culpa!

Also, I saw both the European and US release of Thor: Ragarok. Main difference is about three seconds of in-your-face uncovered Hulk rear end in the hot tub scene.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

ibntumart posted:

I swear upon the ruins of Asgard the IC post is coming this day... already partially written, but new job decided we're starting at a crazy early hour today. Mea culpa!

Also, I saw both the European and US release of Thor: Ragarok. Main difference is about three seconds of in-your-face uncovered Hulk rear end in the hot tub scene.

Which version has Hulk rear end?

...asking for a friend.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sooooo... we doing this?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Defiance Industries posted:

Sooooo... we doing this?

Nova Shocker, still reporting for duty!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still in, although I wish I'd seen Ragnarok first so I could have picked Miek

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
RIP in peace ibntumart and Cosmic Game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is probably my fault, I keep trying to join these and then they get abandoned. Sorry guys!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

For my part I'm still down for playing as well.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Well, I hosed up with jumping back into things. :( I'll spare you the excuses, I still should have checked in.

That said... life is normal and on track and looking pretty good for the near future. Which means I really, really want to run a game of super-powered space dudes and dudettes doing crazy poo poo to save the universe. If anyone is still in (and that includes Galacta), chime in please.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

ibntumart posted:

Well, I hosed up with jumping back into things. :( I'll spare you the excuses, I still should have checked in.

That said... life is normal and on track and looking pretty good for the near future. Which means I really, really want to run a game of super-powered space dudes and dudettes doing crazy poo poo to save the universe. If anyone is still in (and that includes Galacta), chime in please.

The rumors of your death have been greatly exaggerated. Mostly by me.

But yeah I'm still in.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
I'm still in as well.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

#onepunch

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

I'm still up for it as well.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

:zombie:

Thread lives!

I'm still up for it, of it's going ahead.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Shocker never quits.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yep I'm still in.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Dear Peasants of Earth:

Enough. Enough with the humiliation. The defeats. The mind control. The possession. The cloning. The deaths. Yes, more than one death, and each more unpleasant than the last. Did you even know I was forced to work in the so-called service industry? I tried it, you know, I sought your 'Buddha', I lived a normal life for a bit, I drank of your earthly whiskey to try and numb the pain, to try and forget the day the rest of my crew was murdered by a war profiteer and a crime lord with an atomic detonation. Tragedy was my lot now. But that was not enough, no, I am bound by magic to fight, I am summoned and controlled and cajoled- it does not end. I am called forth for your holiday rituals. This world is Foom's bane, and he will have no more of it. I am the Last of the Dragon Lords, the Shatterer of the Skies, I kicked the stony hindquarters of It the Living Colossus and I wasn't even trying. Enough with your fractious, shameful world of puny pink meddlers!

Tell Richards, tell the Man in Iron, tell the green man-child, tell them no more, no more of living on this planet where I have become but a plus-size punchline. I go home to Kakaranathara. Perhaps I will find the peace the rest of my people found so easy. Or, at least, an simpler world to cow, where an old dragon can do some decent conquest. Maybe the Stonians. The Shi'ar would deserve it, at least. I have taken your spaceship, Fantastic Four. Did you forget that I came from the stars with technology far beyond yours? That I was a navigator aboard my ship? Well, either way, this 'theft' is but a pittance considering the innumerable prices I have had to pay amongst your kind. I, who made the Earth shake in my slumber! I, who stopped rivers with my thirst! I, who have burned cities to ash!

I, Fin Fang Foom!

P.S.: Here's $20 for the other monsters to split up, tell them I'll take the loss on our Earthly conquest betting pool.

pre:
Fin Fang Foom					Fin Fang Foom [public]

Affilations	Solo d12	Buddy d10	Team d8

Distinctions	Ancient Astronaut
		Arrogant Beyond Measure
		Ten-Ton Karate Killer

Power Sets	Ancient Makluan Warrior

Fire Blast d10			Godlike Durability d12	
		Godlike Stamina	d12		Godlike Strength d12
		Growth d10			Shapeshifting d6
		Subsonic Flight d8		Telepathy d6

Specialties	Combat Master d10		Cosmic Expert d8
		Menace Master d10		Mystic Expert d8
		Science Expert d8		Tech Expert d8
		Vehicle Expert d8

SFX		Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.
		Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress or trauma from vacuum, hunger, thrist, or fatigue.
		Invulnerability. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress or trauma unless caused by magic.
		The Great Destroyer. Borrow a die from the doom pool for an attack action. Step up the doom die by +1
 		and return it to the doom pool.
		The Shatterer. Against a single target, double Fire Blast, Godlike Strength, or Growth. Remove the
 		highest rolling die and use three dice for the total.

Limit		Quick to Anger. Gain 1 PP to step up emotional stress from taunts, insults, and any situation where you
 		are insulted or embarassed.
		Sensitive Metabolism. Step up stress, trauma, or complications caused by rare poisons or toxins to gain
		1 PP.

Milestones	Small Town, Big Dragon

1 PP	when you point out the flaws in the local populace.
		3 PP	when you demonstrate secret or in-depth skills or knowledge relating to another planet.
		10 PP	when you dismiss the culture you find yourself in and reject it entirely, or find a new role in 
			which you might fit in as a productive member of society.

Monster Unleashed

1 PP	when you attempt to use your size or strength to impress or intimidate.
		3 PP	when you cause major property damage or destruction.
		10 PP	when you devastate a city or landmark in a way that will result in serious consquences, or  
			commit dramatic self-sacrifice to prove you're not a monster after all.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 3, 2018

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

For the record, I'm good with either app, but I thought Foom was inspired enough to put forth for consideration.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also the delay let this issue come out and give me way better art to use

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
IC weiner thread is up at long last!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845534

There is no way you are *not* playing Fin Fang Foom in space, Alien Rope Burn so I wrote the IC post accordingly. Also that is a pretty cool space bike, but chipper Ghost Rider waving creeps me out big time.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Shocker has done his first police job and I think he's done a very good job indeed.

Let me know if I grabbed too much NPC control or anything, Urban Shadows has spoiled me a bit and I can rein back if necessary/desired.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Getting Ultron post together, just a quick rules q, if I'm creating something like a "course inputted, captain" asset for Corsair to use, can I use the Starjammer powerset as an additional powerset? So would it be (example):

D8 buddy, D8 Supreme AI, D8 Reflexes, D10 Starjammer-Senses, D12 Tech?

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

WereGoat posted:

Getting Ultron post together, just a quick rules q, if I'm creating something like a "course inputted, captain" asset for Corsair to use, can I use the Starjammer powerset as an additional powerset? So would it be (example):

Vehicles basically act as a shared powerset that everyone crewing it can use. So you should be fine with this action, as you're acting as Corsair's co-pilot/navigator, so it's not like we're fighting over the same controls or anything.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

WereGoat posted:

What Astus said.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Ta both!

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I'm still down to play, but I'm not in the OP so I can't really post.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Easily fixed! I will write you in when I get home from work tonight.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I added Silver Goblin's entrance post into the original IC post. I'm about to put up the Aks'lo and Kyln post, and will be rolling out the Xandar updates after (possibly at work since my phone is big enough to actually read and type out forum posts now).

RandallODim posted:

Shocker has done his first police job and I think he's done a very good job indeed.

His episode of Cops: Nova Corps Edition is going to get plenty of YouTube views, don't worry!

RandallODim posted:

Let me know if I grabbed too much NPC control or anything, Urban Shadows has spoiled me a bit and I can rein back if necessary/desired.

I don't know Urban Shadows, but no worries, that was well done. I don't mind PCs adding or acting for OOC extras when it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
So this is what the Timer does:

quote:

The Watcher may spend a doom die of any size to create a Timer complication. This defaults to d6, but particularly time-crunched situations (as stated in the Action Scene) may start higher. Place the Timer in the action order as if it were a Watcher character. Whenever it acts, the complication automatically steps up to the next die size. If it reaches beyond d12, it immediately doubles and moves to the doom pool, giving the Watcher the power to end the Scene. The Timer complication is also included in any Watcher reaction pool where time is a factor.

You can target the Timer Complication with whatever you can narratively justify. I can defend the same, using either the Doom Pool or NPCs. But you can't reduce it beyond D4.

• Locked thread