Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was doing some exploratory salvaging and I just realized specific spots will always have the same button input. I know people were recommending some spot in Mor because the presses were just A, but if you just use a common cylinder and find out the input order it's real easy to get them on subsequent attempts

Also, I'm level 54. gently caress going to Tantal, its time to slay enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I was doing some exploratory salvaging and I just realized specific spots will always have the same button input. I know people were recommending some spot in Mor because the presses were just A, but if you just use a common cylinder and find out the input order it's real easy to get them on subsequent attempts

Also, I'm level 54. gently caress going to Tantal, its time to slay enemies

Afaik only 1 salvage location on each Titan is random button inputs. Everything else is the same every time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man I can't wait for Rex to become an informed actor with some agency in the narrative rather than a hotblooded idiot being led around by the nose.

I wish he was getting launched headfirst into more salvage insurance fraud shenanigans against his better judgment, dragged along by an acute need to get paid.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I beat the game at like level 70 and I consider myself having grinded a bit. Like seriously, beeline through the story until you have everything unlocked.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't get chapter 7:

how people thought Nia was friendzoned. There was lead-up for Nia being a Flesh Eater throughout up until now, but there was no leadup for Nia coming out and saying she LOVES Rex. It sounded more to me like "I love you Rex! (for helping me Come Out)" and Rex was like "Yeah! You're welcome!"

It was Nia that initially took it to be the romantic love instead of platonic love, that's why she was surprised when he said he loved her back.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol, all of the quests involving Bana own

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I feel like I must be reaching the end of Chapter 3.

Are these Torna guys Blades who use Blades or what. They were made by the same person/entity who made Pyra?

Don't answer that btw, just chuckle knowingly or what not.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Xarbala posted:

Are these Torna guys Blades who use Blades or what. They were made by the same person/entity who made Pyra?

*chuckles knowingly*

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Xarbala posted:

Don't answer that btw, just chuckle knowingly or what not.

screams internally
Man I’ve been away from this game for 2 weeks, imagine how many rare blades I woulda pulled in that time. Some what, four, maybe even five

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I don't get chapter 7:

how people thought Nia was friendzoned. There was lead-up for Nia being a Flesh Eater throughout up until now, but there was no leadup for Nia coming out and saying she LOVES Rex. It sounded more to me like "I love you Rex! (for helping me Come Out)" and Rex was like "Yeah! You're welcome!"

It was Nia that initially took it to be the romantic love instead of platonic love, that's why she was surprised when he said he loved her back.

About Chapter 7

They can have an after battle chat where Rex pretends he doesn't understand the full implication of what she said, and Nia laughs and says they'll "talk about it again later". It was pretty clearly a romantic love confession on Nia's part although I'm not entirely sure if Rex is friendzoning her, he seems to just be running away from the situation.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I think Rex is just kinda simple

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

voltcatfish posted:

About Chapter 7

They can have an after battle chat where Rex pretends he doesn't understand the full implication of what she said, and Nia laughs and says they'll "talk about it again later". It was pretty clearly a romantic love confession on Nia's part although I'm not entirely sure if Rex is friendzoning her, he seems to just be running away from the situation.

Also in Chapter 8

Nia's shadow or true feelings or whatever calls Rex out on not even attempting to engage with her about it and clarifies its totally romantic

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zore posted:

Also in Chapter 8

Nia's shadow or true feelings or whatever calls Rex out on not even attempting to engage with her about it and clarifies its totally romantic

That's Chapter 10

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean if you already had two titty girlfriends and then another one with an unintelligible accent went and did that how would you react

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I mean if you already had two titty girlfriends and then another one with an unintelligible accent went and did that how would you react

Hey they're probably okay with it.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Trying to farm legendaries from vampire bride marion using driver combos and it's dropping nothing but trash. :rip:

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

brand engager posted:

Trying to farm legendaries from vampire bride marion using driver combos and it's dropping nothing but trash. :rip:

Don't use that one. Use Relentless Arduran or Reeking Douglas.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

You farm gold chips from Marion then farm other things for cores

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

lol just got to chapter nine and first of all, there's a cutscenes every ten steps. Secondly, all the cutscenes involve Amalthus controlling the Titans and oh no Mor Ardain might keel over evacuate everyone!! But then I warped to Mor Ardain and everything looks totally normal.

Also for Armu Milk Earl Grey, you can unlock it through the merc mission but The cafe won't sell it until it moves to Leftheria. I know because I did it before triggering Indol to become evil and the cafe did not sell it while it was still in Indol.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 5, 2018

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it would be real nice if people stopped telling people to farm the wrong thing. marion can drop common cores which means that by far its most frequent smash result on 2-drops (i.e almost all of them) is a common + a rare.

e: cloud sea king ken is also good if you killed the baby ardan, or reeking douglas yeah

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh I pulled Zenobia on Nia.

Huh.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Question about a lategame mechanic

When Rex gets the ability to equip any blade, does he vacuum them from whoever originally bonded them or is it just temporary so I can give the Blade back? Basically what I'm asking is should I even bother pulling Blades on Rex ever now since he gets them all. Also, when does this mechanic get unlocked, I'm just now midway through chapter six I think

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Okay I have been unable to figure these out for a while now.

1) How do I get Perun's affinity up?
2) How do I get to the Fief of Forgetfulness?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Question about a lategame mechanic

When Rex gets the ability to equip any blade, does he vacuum them from whoever originally bonded them or is it just temporary so I can give the Blade back? Basically what I'm asking is should I even bother pulling Blades on Rex ever now since he gets them all. Also, when does this mechanic get unlocked, I'm just now midway through chapter six I think

Its temporary, once taken off Rex the blades return to their original driver and you'll get it I think at the start of the next chapter.

chumbler posted:

2) How do I get to the Fief of Forgetfulness?

Either youtube it or suck up my terrible explanation. During low-tide, get on the bridge that exits Alba Canavich. There is scaffolding that goes under the bridge, take this down. On the side of this scaffolding closest to Alba Canavich, there are square building looking this jutting out from the walls. Jump onto these all the way down, then stay on the ledge until you find a tunnel leading downward which terminates in the Fief.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

Its temporary, once taken off Rex the blades return to their original driver and you'll get it I think at the start of the next chapter.

Either youtube it or suck up my terrible explanation. During low-tide, get on the bridge that exits Alba Canavich. There is scaffolding that goes under the bridge, take this down. On the side of this scaffolding closest to Alba Canavich, there are square building looking this jutting out from the walls. Jump onto these all the way down, then stay on the ledge until you find a tunnel leading downward which terminates in the Fief.

Thanks. I totally missed those little buildings jutting out.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

After finding three of the sealstones without any help or even knowing what they were for, I finally caved in and looked up where to find the water one and I'm glad I did because I never would have loving found that thing

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Earlier on someone mentioned the earl grey armu milk and where to get it. I'd looked up a guide that said to get Lefteria to level 4 and do the Wagon merc quest.
So I did!

And it turns out that even though it said it'd upgrade the cafe, the cafe (chapter 8 spoilers) doesn't exist there until Indol falls. God drat!.

I've finally done Electra's quest. I think it's got the honour of being the sidequest I've had in my journal for the longest time in any game ever at around 45 hours. I picked it up before I'd visited most of the locations in the game and I think that it's spent time being bugged. Level 1 mastery of thunder in Fonsett and level 4 in Tantal never appeared on my map. I wonder if it's because I hadn't unlocked them at the point I got the quest?
The last step sent me to a cave that I took forever to find, having to run by a level 91 gorilla mob to reach it!

I'm going to say that while I do like the map and the location itself the Gormott quests are the worst in the game because the quest markers are absolutely unhelpful. As other locations are just a single level it's much easier to get around and to find stuff.

quote:

it would be real nice if people stopped telling people to farm the wrong thing. marion can drop common cores which means that by far its most frequent smash result on 2-drops (i.e almost all of them) is a common + a rare.
It's very low level though compared to all the other ones so you can start on it earlier. I'm on chapter 8 and am level 65 so I can actually do this before the game is over!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Actually I have a question about Nia

Chapter 7 spoilers

Did she make Rex her driver and that's why he (and only he) can set her as a Blade? I don't really understand how the Flesh Eater Blades work or if they even have to go through the same rules as a normal Blade to get a driver to use them. I'm mostly confused about how it works from an in universe standpoint, since she can switch back and forth forms at will.

The cutscenes may have explained it and I missed it or something.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

voltcatfish posted:

Chapter 7 spoilers

Did she make Rex her driver and that's why he (and only he) can set her as a Blade? I don't really understand how the Flesh Eater Blades work or if they even have to go through the same rules as a normal Blade to get a driver to use them. I'm mostly confused about how it works from an in universe standpoint, since she can switch back and forth forms at will.

It definitely doesn't tell you.

I was thinking that if your blades die when you die then why not just kill Amalthus to get rid of Malos? There's a lot of moments like that with the blade relationship that's a bit weird. Who is the driver of the other flesh eaters? I know Jin's since it shows you her loads and she's sort of in suspended animation so she's still alive.
It sounds like they all need one since Amalthus drives Cole too. I dunno.

Taear fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 5, 2018

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I'm, inadvisably perhaps, playing this in small bursts across the week.

This means I feel like some of combat's been lost on me because of my memory and I have a few questions.

If I build up meter for a super, am I meant to start out with a level 1 super and then try to build enough meter for a level 2 super to combo off it?

I sometimes see notifications in the top right of my screen during combat if the fight goes for a while, what's going on and why are they there?

The game said I'd generate more meter if I timed specials to coincide with auto attack hits. Am I meant to push the special button when my auto hits or am I meant to time it so the animations sync? Also how do I know if I've succeeded?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
1: Yes
2: Not sure which notifications you mean. What do they look like?
3: You want to use an art immediately after the swing hits and the damage number pops up. If you did it right a small white circle will burst out of your character.

Also speaking of Gold Chips how does the drop-rate increase work? Does the weapon that strikes the killing blow/Smash need to have it for it to work? Do the effects stack at all?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 5, 2018

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

I was thinking that if your blades die when you die then why not just kill Amalthus to get rid of Malos? There's a lot of moments like that with the blade relationship that's a bit weird. Who is the driver of the other flesh eaters? I know Jin's since it shows you her loads and she's sort of in suspended animation so she's still alive.

you probably haven't beat the game yet because all of that is explained.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I'm liking all the Xenogears parallels in this game. I get a kick out of games that put your fantasy characters in the ruins of a modern-day city, with street signs and parking structures and stuff like that.

One tip for people trying to get to whatever pond you have to visit to complete Electra's quest: start on the Verdant Plateau, accessible near the border between the two upper levels of Gormott (nearest fast travel point is Greatspine Boundary in the Left map). Don't know why the "proper" entrance starts halfway across the map, but this way you don't have to run past IMMOVABLE GONZALEZ to get there.

And thanks to the posters pointing out how to speed up auto-attacks and how to convert obsolete Poppi parts into ether, this game is too dense at times.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Pierson posted:

1: Yes
2: Not sure which notifications you mean. What do they look like?
3: You want to use an art immediately after the swing hits and the damage number pops up. If you did it right a small white circle will burst out of your character.

Also speaking of Gold Chips how does the drop-rate increase work? Does the weapon that strikes the killing blow/Smash need to have it for it to work? Do the effects stack at all?

As I recall it's a blue notification in the Top Right. I can see ability names that I don't recognise. It happens without me using a super.

Edit: Also what are the timings I need for quicktime events? Do I have to push the button before the meter runs out or am I aiming to do it just as it's finishing up?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

bizarre deformity posted:

Secondly, all the cutscenes involve Amalthus controlling the Titans and oh no Mor Ardain might keel over evacuate everyone!! But then I warped to Mor Ardain and everything looks totally normal.
I feel like they learnt that going all in on this was a bad idea after the first game.

People really weren't happy when bird people city transitions into a post poo poo that happens there state, and all of the lost quests and stuff that came with. Pretty sure it would have pissed an equal amount of people off if the same thing happened in this case, and at the very least, there is at least some visual representation of what has changed there, and by extension in Uraya, from the one point of that map that you could see that difference.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Natural 20 posted:

Edit: Also what are the timings I need for quicktime events? Do I have to push the button before the meter runs out or am I aiming to do it just as it's finishing up?

Press the button when the circle is in the brightest ring. This is the innermost ring around the button prompt on salvage points, but it's the second (outermost) ring in combat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taear posted:

At some point it's stated that Aegis' don't work that way because Pyra/Mythra are still fine without Addam

voltcatfish posted:

Chapter 7 spoilers

I think it's just assumed context. She doesn't want/trust anyone else to be her driver, is how I got it. It would be kinda weird to have her on Zeke or Morag anyway.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Natural 20 posted:

As I recall it's a blue notification in the Top Right. I can see ability names that I don't recognise. It happens without me using a super.
If we're thinking of the same thing that's the arts paths you follow to seal various enemy abilities.

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010
Chapter 6-7 spoilers (I think):

I'm currently in chapter 6. I want to start doing side stuff, but I was told to wait until I unlock everything. I kinda read that once I hit chapter 6, I unlock the final continent and can go hog wild. I just want to get opinions on if yes this is a good time to go on a side quest spree, or if I should wait until whatever big thing happens in chapter 7 that takes someone away from my party and have them come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you're really set on doing side stuff, you have basically 99% of everything unlocked (I don't think the final mechanic is that important). Definitely do as much as you want before starting 7.