Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm reading Four Six and it loving rules.

As will this if it actually happens.

https://twitter.com/sunraysunray/status/949082544141676544

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Random thought. A really swole person missing their legs would be able to to more pull ups than a swole dude with their whole body right? So do they have the world record? That doesn't seem very fair.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Enjoy taking your wife to pound town. 3 weeks is a lot of build up. Goondolences on the work front. I also didn't get the job I interviewed for, we must stay strong and persevere in the face of malarkey.

Thanks, missing out on wifely pleasures obviously sucks but I was super-busy for most of that time, for better or worse. I did get a couple days over New Year's to do nothing but play video games by myself and drink (alone or with others) and it felt rad.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Smart call on the job, those contract situations are goddamn garbage and should be abolished; my wife had to go through a string of them, and it was hell.

Yeah it's in an industry that I really want to be in, and a company that I've been trying to find in-roads to for a couple of years, but six months (and their unwillingness to consider something longer) is untenable for where I am in life right now. It's just really frustrating is all, and that was my last active lead so now I get to fire out more resumes :sigh:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Wind gust so strong it ripped one of my patio windows off it's hinges and shattered it against the house :rip:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's supposed to rain a little bit in LA next Tuesday...I am preparing for chaos and mass destruction

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Gym was packed today with a bunch of bigger people trying to improve their health :3:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This weekend I’m going to apply for jobs, learn more python, and eat just a bunch of pussy

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Gym was packed today with a bunch of bigger people trying to improve their health :3:

I was one of those dudes last year, and I lost 50 pounds in 8 months, just another 35 to my goal

Also
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/949091466147778560

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I need to start eating better. Being a father of 4 has not been good for my health.

E: I strained my wrist throwing one of my boys in the air this evening.

Weak

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This weekend I’m going to apply for jobs, learn more python, and eat just a bunch of pussy

Jealous.

Not sure what you do for work, but do you find Python useful or think it's worth learning? I downloaded a couple of Python guides last year and went through a bit of them. I got the hang of it but I don't have a CS career, so I don't know how valuable knowing any programming languages would be (I am on a computer all day though).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
rear end creed origins leveling system is finally rewarding my chronic need in these games to clear the map of quests when I enter a new area

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

C-Euro posted:

Jealous.

Not sure what you do for work, but do you find Python useful or think it's worth learning? I downloaded a couple of Python guides last year and went through a bit of them. I got the hang of it but I don't have a CS career, so I don't know how valuable knowing any programming languages would be (I am on a computer all day though).

I'm at the super basic level of python, so I have yet to build anything more sophisticated than a basic loop executable. My job is basically data scientist-lite for budget and policy analysis, so eventually with enough knowledge of SQL, Python, and R, I should be able to greatly increase the efficiency of my econometric analyses. I haven't found any current projects I'd be able to apply it to because at the moment I'm stuck doing a lot of editing and unique report writing.

A large chunk of my social group are either programmers or data scientists that use python and the stuff they describe being able to automate definitely seems valuable down the road.

The main thing is I make poo poo money, and for my own sanity I need to keep actively developing job skills so I can believe that I'm worthy of a better job.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Although I'm planning on applying for business school this fall so who the gently caress knows.

I just want to improve my community and make a livable wage doing it. Hard as gently caress to do so.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Although I'm planning on applying for business school this fall so who the gently caress knows.

I just want to improve my community and make a livable wage doing it. Hard as gently caress to do so.

USA USA USA

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Mamma Mia!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

(Not my joke)
I'm going to open a business called "Resolutions." It'll be a gym in January and a bar the rest of the year.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Every year for the Super Bowl I make a big batch of chili, and we’ve typically invited over a family friend who’s got a kid the same age as mine, so I asked my wife if we should invite them again this year; she texted back a few hours later saying she got carried away and invited about 30 people. So, uh, that escalated quickly.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

rear end creed origins leveling system is finally rewarding my chronic need in these games to clear the map of quests when I enter a new area

I just hit max level (40) about an hour ago. Where are you at in the main quest?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

being able to automate definitely seems valuable down the road.

The main thing is I make poo poo money, and for my own sanity I need to keep actively developing job skills so I can believe that I'm worthy of a better job.

I feel you on both of these. Just gotta think of parts of my job that I could automate (that I'm not automating already)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Fire and Fury is 30% off on Amazon!

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/949127326100434945

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Check out this guy's sex tape and past

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just hit max level (40) about an hour ago. Where are you at in the main quest?

40 is the max?! I'm at 11 and I just got to the lake town after Siwa lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

40 is the max?! I'm at 11 and I just got to the lake town after Siwa lol

Hahaha yeah, but once you hit 40 you can keep earning ability points. Which doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense.

I’m probably a little more than halfway through the game I think, but I’ve done the same as you, doing a ton of sidequest stuff before doing main quest.

There’s a FFXV sidequest you should keep an eye out for.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My favorite soup is French onion. 2nd favorite is tomato soup with rice and onions in it. What about you?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

SHOAH NUFF posted:

My favorite soup is French onion. 2nd favorite is tomato soup with rice and onions in it. What about you?

I've been making this alot

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/01/caldo-verde-portuguese-potato-kale-soup-recipe.html

Except with way more garlic

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Dude definitely do the business school thing. There's a huge market for MBAs with any data skills. It's intensely depressing how little everyone knows about even the basics. I want to use python more but I spend 99% of my time fighting to get clients to do the basics. Right now I'm trying to teach them the difference between a KPI, a metric, and a general binary yes/no for plan completion. It's been a struggle. They act like I'm a genius when I automate any of their simple rear end excel work.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I made a pretty decent chicken noodle soup a couple of weeks ago. Which is neither exciting nor my favorite, but I was impressed at how well it turned out.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

wife made curried carrot soup. it's p good imho

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Spicy Miso ramen, tomato brie soup and broccoli cheddar.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Broccoli cheddar is the correct answer.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Minestrone and potato leek.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Between the White House immolation and rumors that the Patriots are having internal strife, maybe there is some good in the world, Mr frodo, worth fighting for

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sinigan and pho

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gumbo, posole, sopa azteca

chicken anything soup recipe pro tip: use the stock that comes in a jar

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tonkotsu

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hahaha yeah, but once you hit 40 you can keep earning ability points. Which doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense.

I’m probably a little more than halfway through the game I think, but I’ve done the same as you, doing a ton of sidequest stuff before doing main quest.

There’s a FFXV sidequest you should keep an eye out for.

I saw that FFXV one that I guess was limited in November and coming back in January?

Thats good that you can keep getting ability points because my ability charts are all out of whack because I figured I'd get the opportunity to earn it all if I wanted to.

Game's fun as hell.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

python is bad but it's good to learn how to think like a programmer and how to use the tools you have, and switching languages every week or whatever isnt going to help

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

C-Euro posted:

Jealous.

Python is good and cool, but prolly the easiest path to break into a CS/developer career is just pickup javascript. Entry level spots don't look for much experience and JS is super quick to learn (and not that bad if sane practices are followed)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fire and Fury is the name of wolff's book that heavily features quotes from Bannon.

Bannon tried to start a chinese company to sell WoW gold

Fire and Fury is the name of an old mission in Vanilla WoW

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I just finished up my first semester of business school and already had an entire analytics class focused on R and picked up some SQL in one of my other ones. Search for a school that has a good sustainability program and it should lead to some good options for rewarding jobs.