Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There's nothing egregiously bad about Siegfried's design. I will say that his weird hunched-over poses that they draw him in over multiple mediums does him no favours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Like with most servant designs I dislike, Siegfried is just too busy. There comes a point where you can stop throwing poo poo at the wall like a kid scribbling in their notebook.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Sieg's artist don't care about him is all I heard. Then again, the whole apoc cast are drawing toss off for a mmo game in the first place.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Its all over the place with designs yeah. I wish they kept david instead of horse guy tbh cause hes super generic

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Design tier list

Bad rear end armor tier: Mo-san.
Good tier: Semiramis, Karna, Avicebron, Fran, Astolfo.
Generic tier: The rest.
Gimp tier: Spartacus
Bad tier: Jack, Siegfried, Amakusa.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Bill is pretty good. Achilles is awful, though. Looks like a low-budget cosplayer.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

And then FGO throws some dragon horns and a tail on Siegfried, making him to make him look even more slap dash

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Bill is pretty good. Achilles is awful, though. Looks like a low-budget cosplayer.

Achilles makes me think of a low rent Kamen Rider, between the hair and the half-scarf thing he has going on. That's about enough to make me like him.

Chiron is really just bland though. Should've gone full centaur with him.

Atalante and Astolfo are my favorites though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

El Burbo posted:

And then FGO throws some dragon horns and a tail on Siegfried, making him to make him look even more slap dash

Yeah Sumanai really got the short end of the stick in the transition to FGO.
Meanwhile Billy goes classy as gently caress.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Amakusa Shirou is beautiful you ingrate

pictured above: a good catholic boy

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Achilles makes me think of a low rent Kamen Rider, between the hair and the half-scarf thing he has going on. That's about enough to make me like him.

Chiron is really just bland though. Should've gone full centaur with him.

Atalante and Astolfo are my favorites though.

I was seriously expecting Chiron's NP to be his Centaur form.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chiron discarding his centaur form made him weaker but he thought it would give him an advantage since he wouldn't be recognized but ends up having his top pupil as enemy lmao

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm not sure how knowing Chiron's identity would really do much against him. It's not like he has some super secret weakness (everyone is weak to hydra poison) and his NP is based off his posthumous legend rather than anything he did in life. Obviously there's value to keeping that information secret but I'm not sure it helped him.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm starting to see sprites show up over text in FHA, meaning the only way to read a lot of content is to let the scene proceed and then look back at the log. There's been some weird effects throughout the game at times that I sort of thought was intentional, but I'm sure this is a bug. Has anyone else encountered this?

E: Fixed it, had to start the cycle over rather than continue.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 1, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Amakusa looks kind of silly when he's reused assets boy, but is extremely sexy with the ponytail.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Space Flower posted:

Amakusa looks kind of silly when he's reused assets boy, but is extremely sexy with the ponytail.

He looks best when dressed like a Japanese person, who would've thought. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Op for Fate/Extra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5j5wFBuZvg

I haven't

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

this is extremely not what I expected

is Shinjuku in F/GO the only other Fate thing with a dude singing the theme?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Reminds me Abingdon Boys School or JAM Project.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
TM Revolution is a solo artist and the lead singer for ABS

he owns

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
He also rips off his shirt at like every concert, it's great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best thing tm revo has been involved in is preserved roses, the duet with nana mizuki thats the op for valvrave

shame about valvrave

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Is there any way to play FHA in a larger window?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Argas posted:

Is there any way to play FHA in a larger window?
I had to mess with my graphics settings to make it fullscreen properly but yes. In an Nvidia panel under Display and "Adjust desktop size and position" I had to set the scaling to Aspectio Ratio, perform scaling on GPU, and checked override the scaling mode set by games and programs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One thing that popped a while back that I didn’t see in this thread was the teaser trailer for Extella Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3I_aC7e3sQ

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol that's the DTB dude

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
now i've lost it
i know i can kill servants

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am starting to think the Church is the strongest faction in Nasuverse.

Sure, sieg kill dragons, but the church spend their whole existence fighting horror monster the scale of a forest and TRUE DEMON.

Herc have 12 lives, but the Church been murdering Immortal monsters and kills them permanently with their conceptual weapon that hurt them non-physically.

It’s a shame Nasu don’t have a chance to expand on them, but everytime they shows up in his work, it’s like DON’T gently caress WITH THEM!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
don't forget the church doesn't have the mage association's aversion to technology so they just straight up have cyborgs cause gently caress it

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I really want to learn more about the Holy Church's links to the actual Catholic Church, and how their history as an organization was affected by things like the Great Schism, the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Protestant/Catholic conflicts, etc. They keep adding Saints to the Servant list and it just stokes my curiosity about how this group of religious supersoliders have made their way through religion's history.

I also would like to learn more about how both the Church and Clock Tower operate in the US. It's been heavily implied that Asia and the Middle East have their own magical organizations and powers that keep the Church and Clock Tower's power bases concentrated in Europe, but we know little about how much influence they've spread (or failed to spread) to the New World. Or, for that matter, Africa, which would also been an interesting question.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I know very little about this, but isn't Atlas headquartered in Egpyt?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Clarste posted:

Yes, somewhere under the mountain and underground.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Clarste posted:

Yeah, but their influence doesn't seem to extend very far outside of there, and they're operate out of an isolated mountain enclave away from civilization, as compared to the Association (and the Wandering Tomb) which operate more openly in the settled/civilized parts of Europe.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Atlas mostly concerns on understanding how the world and universe work including magic.

Their main priority is to find a way to to stop the destruction of humanity they 100% predicted via various means. One of the chaldea’s spiritron calculation machine is from them.

They only care about researching and making crazy things for the sake of alchamic magic science. Influence wise, they mainly try to isolate themself and stays away from people’s business. They are very afraid of leaking out those things they made that can completely destroy the world.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I also would like to learn more about how both the Church and Clock Tower operate in the US. It's been heavily implied that Asia and the Middle East have their own magical organizations and powers that keep the Church and Clock Tower's power bases concentrated in Europe, but we know little about how much influence they've spread (or failed to spread) to the New World. Or, for that matter, Africa, which would also been an interesting question.

Fate/Strange Fake touches on this.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Extella Link proudly presents: Mullet Emiya.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

I really want to learn more about the Holy Church's links to the actual Catholic Church, and how their history as an organization was affected by things like the Great Schism, the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Protestant/Catholic conflicts, etc. They keep adding Saints to the Servant list and it just stokes my curiosity about how this group of religious supersoliders have made their way through religion's history.

In anime Christianity is Catholicism.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's really more American Protestantism but dressed in Catholicism's cloths.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So, how 'bout that Extella?

It's really not great, huh?

It's a shame. I like the idea of Fate games with proper gameplay that aren't just visual novels. Not a terrible surprise, but still. I'm a sucker for Nero's design. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Anyone who got it on PC months ago could have told you that.