Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YESSSSSSS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
JERICHO V NAITO gently caress YES

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Guess Chris isn't in the Rumble this year

HELL YEAH GET HIM NAITO

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God I love you New Japan

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Come on Gobers help ya boiii

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Naito just chilling on the mat, it's exactly what I wanted and better than I could have hoped :allears:

Edit: Ahahaha he's got a table

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I love that Chris's New Japan gimmick is "table tosser"

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Not even Evil Japanese Table can stand the wrath of salty old man Jericho.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Naito :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lollllll Naito is the perfect foil for Jericho. Jericho raging out while Naito is all chill is amazing.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
basically drunkicho fury's in character

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Life is good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

don dipping like a mother fucker

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that the LIJ guys were just hanging out because they knew Naito had this all under control :hellyeah:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

So, is it going to be Okada vs Sanada on Night 1 and Naito v Jericho on Night 2, maybe do an angle where Okada feels like he's being slighted by having the Champ relegated to Night 1 and a "lesser," opponent and it almost costs him, while Naito gets the special attraction match and Jericho plays up how beating Naito matters more because he's the most popular, play up that Naito's fan support has meaning even without the belt on him?

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 5, 2018

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
What could Jericho do to garner any more heel heat? Kidnap Darryl?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's good that they're giving Naito a strong program but gently caress i'm gonna be pissed if Jericho beats him. Hiromu challenged Ospreay backstage after tha angle for those unaware

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sanguinia posted:

Okada vs Taguchi
What?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

So we got for New Beginning:

SANADA/Okada
Takahashi/Ospreay
Jericho/Naito
Bucks/RPG3K 2
Suzuki/Tanahashi
Edit: Omega/White

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 5, 2018

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

SANADA/Okada
Takahashi/Ospreay
Jericho/Naito
Bucks/RPG3K 2
Suzuki/Tanahashi
I think we'll also see White/Omega.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
That's not a bad card.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Sorry, I meant Sanada, its too early.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

it's good that they're giving Naito a strong program but gently caress i'm gonna be pissed if Jericho beats him. Hiromu challenged Ospreay backstage after tha angle for those unaware

I don't see Jericho beating him. Naito will probably win the title this year and they'll want to keep him strong for that.

I hope we get at least one Jericho/EVIL and one Jericho/Hiromu match along the way though.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

SANADA/Okada
Takahashi/Ospreay
Jericho/Naito
Bucks/RPG3K 2
Suzuki/Tanahashi

Don't forget White/Omega.

In fact, they'll probably do something like Okada/Sanada main events night 1 Sapporo, Suzuki/Tana main events night 2 Sapporo, White/Omega main events Osaka.

Evil just cut a promo that basically was like "yeah Sanada and I aren't going to stop going for singles titles while being tag champs" so we'll probably have Goto/EVIL for the NEVER belt as well.

I think they might hold off on Jericho/Naito for Strong Style Evolved, honestly.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 5, 2018

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

I think we'll also see White/Omega.

right, i'll add it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

SANADA/Okada
Takahashi/Ospreay
Jericho/Naito
Bucks/RPG3K 2
Suzuki/Tanahashi

Goto gets his big win and already is forgotten :smith:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

"Roguelikes"*

*Latest Fad
i think they're also doing Goto and EVIL for the NEVER belt

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

St Evan Echoes posted:

Goto gets his big win and already is forgotten :smith:

I actually mentally inserted EVIL vs Goto to that list while I was reading it even though it wasn't there. If Sanada fights Okada, EVIL will for sure challenge Goto based on the multiman's booking. That'll be a dope match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845621&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Discussion thread for 2018 is now up

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Reading about Wrestle Kingdom 12 is what finally got me to drop some cash on the NJPW World site. Any matches ya'll think I should go back and check out from the archive?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Spikeguy posted:

Reading about Wrestle Kingdom 12 is what finally got me to drop some cash on the NJPW World site. Any matches ya'll think I should go back and check out from the archive?
yes

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

Nakamura vs Ibushi at WK 10

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Nakamura vs Ibushi at WK 10

Nakamura faced AJ at WK10. You should check that out too!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI

This spreadsheet is your friend. Hundreds of awesome matches

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

Nakamura faced AJ at WK10. You should check that out too!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI

This spreadsheet is your friend. Hundreds of awesome matches

Ah snap, my b.

I just signed up for New Japan World and I love it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Spikeguy posted:

Okada vs Shibata at Sakura Genesis.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

There are easily 10-20 matches in the last 3-4 years that are amazing.

Save Nakamura/AJ and Omega/Okada towards the end though. They're wonderful but exhausting, and they ruin any wrestling I watch immediately after.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can anyone explain to me all these different titles and how they rank? As far as I have been able to tell the IC and the World titles are actually pretty close in rank. What's the Never championships?

Also, do they treat the different weight class and tag champs as if they were as good as the single champs or is it closer in structure to the WWE titles?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Catching up on New Years Dash now. Who told Kevin Kelley that the blue thunder bomb is a falcon arrow, he's called it that twice now.

Also, I couldn't help but be surprised that Okada hasn't used the Cobra clutch to set up a rain maker as yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spikeguy posted:

Can anyone explain to me all these different titles and how they rank? As far as I have been able to tell the IC and the World titles are actually pretty close in rank. What's the Never championships?

Also, do they treat the different weight class and tag champs as if they were as good as the single champs or is it closer in structure to the WWE titles?

the NEVER singles title is the openweight title. before the introduction of the us title it was the newest singles belt they had. aside from suzuki, the guys who hold it are usually like the tertiary guy in their stable, like ishii or goto.

new japan treats their juniors waaaaay better than WWE does cruiserweights. they're not portrayed as equal or anything, and it usually takes a little while for someone to make the jump from junior to heavyweight, but it's done. Beretta was a junior, and kenny was the junior heavyweight champion like 2 years ago and now he's one of their top main guys. the junior tag division is gonna be a lot of young bucks and a lot of roppongi 3k until taguchi gets a new partner or ach comes back, he's usually in the mix. junior tag matches are fun but tag teams aren't especially important in the grand scheme of things.

e: the singles title ranking now would probably be
IWGP Heavyweight
2a and 2b on the IC and US titles just because of who is holding them right now
Junior
NEVER

shiksa fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 5, 2018

• Locked thread