Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Didn't someone say they were working on a sequel to Extella? I'd like them to give it another go, although that universe is the least interesting part of Fate to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Randallteal posted:

Didn't someone say they were working on a sequel to Extella? I'd like them to give it another go, although that universe is the least interesting part of Fate to me.

Extella Link, featuring Roland and fan favorite Al. Trailer was a few days ago in this thread.

Darth Walrus posted:

One thing that popped a while back that I didn’t see in this thread was the teaser trailer for Extella Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3I_aC7e3sQ

E: I like that The protags have decided to switch from the outfits they'ld normally be bound to by gender

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 5, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm not sure the standard male outfit is a shirt, no pants, and asymmetric thighhighs. it just seems to be joking that they're both wearing half of a full set and were brainstorming which way to go with it

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Can Satsujinki kill servants? If he kills them does the progenitor servant still get the memories?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Hommando posted:

Can Satsujinki kill servants? If he kills them does the progenitor servant still get the memories?

Last I heard, the official answer to the question was that Shiki Tohno wouldn't be able to perceive a Servant's lines/points of death with his version of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Shiki Ryougi would be able to perceive them, but even then she's still just a normal human and not a Servant, so she would really only be able to fight defensively since even the weakest Servant still has superhuman physical abilities.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And then Shiki gets summoned as a servant anyway in FGO.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

W.T. Fits posted:

so she would really only be able to fight defensively since even the weakest Servant still has superhuman physical abilities.
Shiki in Extra does it by sealing the servant’s movement and actions while fighting defensively. She killed 99 servants.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh no, Link is not written by Nasu!

:negative:

Supervisor: Nasu
Scenario:
Higashide Yuuichirou (Apoc)
Ukyo Kodachi (Boruto)

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Last I heard, the official answer to the question was that Shiki Tohno wouldn't be able to perceive a Servant's lines/points of death with his version of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

Right, but by the time he's Satsujinki his eyes are so sensitive he has to wear a blindfold. The more Nasu says something can't happen the more likely it is to happen.

Nyaa posted:

Scenario:
Ukyo Kodachi (Boruto)

He's too busy working on the Tsukihime remake.

:smithicide:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's an Extella game, the writing will be poo poo anyway

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Scenario:
Ukyo Kodachi (Boruto)
Extella's story was written by Nasu and was poo poo, and Higashide proved with EoR3 that he can write a half-decent tournament arc so that and the Boruto writer (and Boruto has been non-terrible shonen) makes me think Extella Link's story will just be fights and goofy character interactions. Which is what I want from a musou game. So, good news.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Like, what, oh no, Archimedes might not rant about bullshit nobody cares about for thirty minutes! Characters that aren't named Nero, Tamamo, and Elizabeth might actually get more than two lines of dialogue! Characters might actually interact! Oh, the humanity!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
As someone pointed out, the dude's good at writing scenes, but less good at writing stories.

Fortunately, Musous are mostly about the scenes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
also worth noting that Kodachi has already been on board with type-moon works. from nasu's bamboo broom talk it seems like riyo's original scenario was run through Kodachi's scripting.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Like, what, oh no, Archimedes might not rant about bullshit nobody cares about for thirty minutes! Characters that aren't named Nero, Tamamo, and Elizabeth might actually get more than two lines of dialogue! Characters might actually interact! Oh, the humanity!

TBF, it was pretty good ranting. Like, that VA really went ham.

Archimedes was a pretty lame villain, but that breakdown in the final route sure was something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kazuyuki Okitsu is a great va, but he cannot save that character as hard as he tries.

Nyaa posted:

Scenario:
Ukyo Kodachi (Boruto)

As much as I've disliked the bevy of Higashide's work I've been exposed to, Shimosa was great and provided Link is a story that is less up its own rear end than the original, this can be fine. I don't watch or read Boruto so idk about the quality there, but as long as they improve on the gameplay from Extella and the scenes have fun character interactions and less VELBER then this might be okay.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Endorph posted:

yeah we need more elizabeth loving around

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

Higashide proved with EoR3 that he can write a half-decent tournament arc

i haven't seen writer credits go past guesswork yet, unless you count the person who claimed to be translating for the chinese server saying they needed to contact the authors of the singularities to ask for info they were able to find out that Higashide, Minase, Sakurai, Meteo did EoR1-4 in that order.

(though it seems like everyone just kind of nods and agrees that Agartha is Minase and Salem comes from Meteo and the Shinjuku-Shimosa split is where all the debate happens)

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 5, 2018

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Space Flower posted:

i haven't seen writer credits go past guesswork yet, unless you count the person who claimed to be translating for the chinese server saying they needed to contact the authors of the singularities to ask for info they were able to find out that Higashide, Minase, Sakurai, Meteo did EoR1-4 in that order.

Most of the japanese speakers I know are pretty sure it's like that, at least? :shrug:

E: Wait no flip Higashide and Sakurai around.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All I will say about Extella is as someone who loves this franchises stupid lore everything about quantum time locks makes my brain shut down

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

W.T. Fits posted:

even the weakest Servant still has superhuman physical abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DYxdrVMZ6Y&t=33s

:thunk:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That should just tell you how powerful Rin is

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I remember Extella's writing as good but I just tuned out or shrugged off Archimedes infodumps, and what sticks out in my mind is all the extremely good Bond Level scenes and Liz being the best idol-maid-villain-archimedes' weak point she could be.

Also Nero Venus

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Yes, I'm aware Nasu includes rules explicitly so his characters can break them to demonstrate how badass and/or dangerous they are.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

what the hell is with this hairstyle

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's loving awful lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A noble attempt at creating a design more embarrassing than EMIYA Alter but not nearly close enough

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I think Sakurai really wants to give shirou face different hairstyle. Ref: Amasuka

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

(though it seems like everyone just kind of nods and agrees that Agartha is Minase and Salem comes from Meteo and the Shinjuku-Shimosa split is where all the debate happens)
listen, if you think the story that takes place in a modern day city and has a bunch of weird old men skirting around the edges while two girls in biker jackets have an unhealthy amount of homoerotic tension isn't by sakurai, you've never read any of sakurai's work

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

In regard to long hairstyles. A mage’s hair can be use as their best ‘weapon’, for ingredient, or item, as it can amplify spells and the like.

That’s why many mages keep their hair long.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

a design more embarrassing than EMIYA Alter

Are you besmirching the honor of my good friend and compatriot Father Enrico Pucci?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Nigga mullet reach he rear end

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Plutonis posted:

what the hell is with this hairstyle

Gah!

On the other hand...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

baiken drake is real good

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
drake is extremely powerful, and that drake even moreso

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm a little surprised Extella was popular enough to get a sequel because it suuuuuucked. Even if the plot/characters were popular it's not like most of them even originated in the world's shittiest warriors clone and if they wanted to write more stories about Tamamo and Altera they could have done so in a good game.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I just wish Drake still had her hat. Its a good hat!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PrinnySquadron posted:

I just wish Drake still had her hat. Its a good hat!

cute av

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm a little surprised Extella was popular enough to get a sequel because it suuuuuucked. Even if the plot/characters were popular it's not like most of them even originated in the world's shittiest warriors clone and if they wanted to write more stories about Tamamo and Altera they could have done so in a good game.

it was a painfully generic warriors game

that said extra was literally a rock paper scissors rpg so I think the only "good thing" game wish out of fate is grand order