Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

vaginal facsimile posted:

May this be updated for the new operators please?

I don't know, can it be updated for the new operators? :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

These are basically the preferences of one or other pro gamer and not really "objective" by any means. Get a feel for what works best for you

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

These are basically the preferences of one or other pro gamer and not really "objective" by any means. Get a feel for what works best for you

Except that's not the case at all.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I use the suppressor for Blackbeard like 100% of the time with the SR25. I personally think it's a loving rad loadout, but I am really sticking with it because I was on my way to going 10 and 1 with it and some guy is like "uh why are you using the suppressor with him" and I said "because it's still a 2 hit kill" and then proceeded to get an ace.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Jack Trades posted:

Can someone who plays Starter Edition tell me if they have an option to unlock original operators via a bundle R6 coins/real money, the same way you have a bundle to unlock all Year1/Year2 operators?
If yes then how much does it cost?

No, there is no such bundle, but you can buy operators separately for 300 R6 Credits per operator, and you get 600 for buying the starter. There will never be a bundle/upgrade pack/hotfix for the Starter Edition and it's a deliberate decision made by Ubisoft.

Basically :siren: DON'T EVER BUY THE STARTER EDITION :siren:

To drive this point a bit into the ground, when you buy the Starter, you get to unlock up to 4 operators, but every other operator costs 12 500 Renown or 25 000 Renown each. If you fork up the cash for the Standard edition, you don't get any operators at the start, but you can unlock all the basic operators with only 25 000 Renown (gradually unlocking them one by one), however the DLC ops are still 25 000 each.

As a side note, on any version if you are new to the game you should go into the "Play" tab, click the Tutorials and watch every video - it gives you 200 renown per video, and provides some very basic info on how tyo do stuff. You should also launch the uPlay overlay (Shift + F2), go into "Club Rewards" and find two things - there's another free 200 renown just waiting there for grabs never mind, it's not free, and there's a 24h renown booster, giving you a 100% boost for 24h, and 10% to all your teammates (it stacks, so if you got a new group, try to all launch your boosters at once for maximum profit).

EDIT: Additional info - if you played during the free weekend and got to unlock some operators, that progress WILL NOT BE SAVED ON THE STARTER EDITION, but will be on the Standard Edition.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 5, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Don't get the club rewards 200 renown, it's a loving suckers unlock meant to bilk you out of your uplay points. You can use 100 uplay points for a 20% off voucher in the store.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

if i want to throw money at my problems and get all the operators with cash whats the most efficient way to do it. does the fabled season pass everyone talks about contain all the DLC ones at least or a discount or nah

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kullik posted:

if i want to throw money at my problems and get all the operators with cash whats the most efficient way to do it. does the fabled season pass everyone talks about contain all the DLC ones at least or a discount or nah

A season pass will give you all the operators of that year. So if you buy Year 3 Season Pass you'll get the 8 operators that will release during 2018.
You'll also get a year 600 R6 bux.
You'll also get a year of "VIP status" which will basically give you 10% more Renown and lower the Renown and R6 Coin cost on everything in the store.

You can still find the Year 2 pass on some websites online, that would give you all the Year 2 operators and 600 R6 coins and if you buy like, 1500 more coins you can get the Y1 operator bundle for a quick access to all operators.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN
I bought the Year 3 Season Pass. Hoping the new operators aren't poo poo.

Until then I will survive with the Spetsnaz bundle.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
basically the main benefit of getting season passes is that you can spend all your renown on cyber barbie cosmetics:

anyone playing regularly will be able to eventually unlock everything in the game. really the only reason i bought season passes is because i like this game so much. once you have everything unlocked, all you have to do is bank around 50k renown to before each season to unlock whatever the current season DLC ops are.

starter edition players are ironically hosed over by having to grind their asses off for the base level operators but if you have the standard version of the game you should be fine. either way you don't need every operator in the game. i'm a nerd so i literally play them all but there are a significant number of people that simply use 3-4 main operators and are diamond ranked.

the end goal by devs is to have like 100 loving characters in this game so at some point everyone is gonna have a select few that they main.

iirc i've generally used the muzzle break on Ying/Dokkaebi when not using a suppressor

also i wouldn't trust that chart 100%. the best thing to do is just try all 3 for yourself during regular casual matches if you are playing a specific operator regularly.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Jack Trades posted:

Except that's not the case at all.

Really? drat, I guess discord goons were lying to me then.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jack Trades posted:

Can someone who plays Starter Edition tell me if they have an option to unlock original operators via a bundle R6 coins/real money, the same way you have a bundle to unlock all Year1/Year2 operators?
If yes then how much does it cost?

Yeah, there are Attack and Defense bundles for 2000 R6 coins a piece.

Kikas posted:

Basically :siren: DON'T EVER BUY THE STARTER EDITION :siren:

As someone who bought the starter edition I will second this. The starter edition is a bad deal.

Sprechensiesexy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 5, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

the best frost mains use suppressors, now let's take a look back at that chart and lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kikas posted:

No, there is no such bundle, but you can buy operators separately for 300 R6 Credits per operator, and you get 600 for buying the starter. There will never be a bundle/upgrade pack/hotfix for the Starter Edition and it's a deliberate decision made by Ubisoft.

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Yeah, there are Attack and Defense bundles for 2000 R6 coins a piece.

So wait, are there or are there not original operator bundles available?

Because if you can buy all original operators for 4000 R6 then you basically get an option to upgrade your lovely Starter Edition into Full Edition for 30 Euro or so.
Which is still worse than just buying the Full Edition but not by too much.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Nah, your reading comprehension just sucks.
I recommend looking on the the wiki what the barrel attachments actually do and then having a long hard think.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jack Trades posted:

So wait, are there or are there not original operator bundles available?

Because if you can buy all original operators for 4000 R6 then you basically get an option to upgrade your lovely Starter Edition into Full Edition for 30 Euro or so.
Which is still worse than just buying the Full Edition but not by too much.

Here's a screenshot of the store from about a minute ago:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Jack Trades posted:

Nah, your reading comprehension just sucks.
I recommend looking on the the wiki what the barrel attachments actually do and then having a long hard think.

Ok cool.

Is reducing the vertical kick of the Famas' 2nd shot by 40% objectively better than slightly reducing the vertical recoil and greatly reducing the horizontal recoil for the first 3 shots?

Gosh I don't know. Maybe I'd have to test them both out before I get a feel for them.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

why would you spend 5 minutes to test them through normal play and collect that sweet renwon when you could scour the most recent reddit essay about them and be stuck in Plat III forever?

the devs even standardized all sights because everyone was just using holo's 99% of the time but that was a lot funnier to sperg about wehn it was a thing

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Ok cool.

Is reducing the vertical kick of the Famas' 2nd shot by 40% objectively better than slightly reducing the vertical recoil and greatly reducing the horizontal recoil for the first 3 shots?

Gosh I don't know. Maybe I'd have to test them both out before I get a feel for them.

You skipped the part where you were supposed to have a think.

Flash Hider only significantly affects the recoil of the first 3 shots while the Compensator affects the horizontal spread (and vertical recoil, slightly) for the whole spray, making Flash Hider the objectively better choice for the weapons that favor burst fire over sprays and vice verse for the Compensator.

Meanwhile the Muzzle Break is objectively better for semi-auto weapons but I think even you realized that.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the map you are on and role you plan on playing is a bigger deciding factor of which attachment to use than what gun you're putting it on

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Jack Trades posted:

You skipped the part where you were supposed to have a think.

Flash Hider only significantly affects the recoil of the first 3 shots while the Compensator affects the horizontal spread (and vertical recoil, slightly) for the whole spray, making Flash Hider the objectively better choice for the weapons that favor burst fire over sprays and vice verse for the Compensator.

Meanwhile the Muzzle Break is objectively better for semi-auto weapons but I think even you realized that.

So we're in agreement that the chart is bullshit then? Or do you use the Famas with muzzle brake? Do you always full auto with the MK17, and never with the p90? Or would you agree that this is a matter of personal taste and not gospel truth?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Actually the suppressor is always 100% the best choice. Particularly on shotguns. :colbert:

https://i.imgur.com/F0wW62O.mp4

SMP
May 5, 2009

My tips for new players:

Attacking and Defending:
- Map knowledge is 99% of the game and the only real way to learn them is through playing them, custom games won't help you much. The way people actually attack and defend is seriously different from what you would expect. Think of it like Dark Souls, you are going to die a lot and every death is a learning experience. Anytime you get killed by some mother fucker holding a tight angle, shooting from an unexpected hole, or hiding in some odd spot, remember it and use it against someone else next time. Eventually you'll have your own strategies for every map and operator.

- Sometimes it's better to not reinforce every wall on point. Opening strategic holes to rotate through is often a good idea. You can open up some really helpful shortcuts and get easy flanks on approaching attackers. It can make it harder to defend on your own, but if the attackers take the point and start defending it, you're going to be glad you have more than one way to retaliate. Knowing which walls to blow open and which to reinforce can be confusing, but as a general rule of thumb: blow open the walls between two bomb points, and reinforce every wall leading to the building's exterior. While you're new, just stick to reinforcing the walls you know are essential and watch how experienced players setup the point.

- Never do a slow peek around a corner. Always stand up and quickly round the corner. Thanks to ping, it means an aggressor is always going to get like a half second advantage in reaction time. Unless the angle you're holding is incredibly tight, it's usually better to just stay behind cover and frequently peek.

- Put a bullet through every barricade/wall and you'll be able to hear the enemy placing breaching/fuze charges on them much easier. This will give you more time to run away or shoot them out.

- BLOW OPEN EVERY WALL OF KID'S BEDROOM ON HOUSE, NEVER REINFORCE THAT ROOM.

Gadgets:
- Try to place barbed wire in spots where an attacker would reallllly have to reveal themselves to destroy it. If you want to block up a doorway, drop the wire a little inwards so anyone trying to melee it has to practically walk into the room. Also keep in mind the barb wire sound can give your position away even though you aren't slowed down.

- Never shoot out a Mira window. They're for mainly gathering intel (is the enemy approaching, etc.) so you can attack with an advantage.

- If you're Mute or Bandit, try and co-ordinate with each other, because pubbie Bandits commonly shock walls already covered by Mute's jammer, destroying the gadget.

- Bandit gets three barbed wire for some reason.

Ops:
Operators to avoid playing at first:
- Caveira (requires strong map knowledge)
- Echo (the tendency to get too attached to the drone)
- Mira (requires complex setup on defense, bad windows can get used against you easily)(also she's mine, step off!!!)
- Mute (learning where to put each jammer, and how to prioritize them requires good map knowledge)
- Tachanka (sucks, come at me)

SMP fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 5, 2018

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

SMP posted:

Ops:
- Tachanka (sucks, come at me)

Does it really matter that Tachanka has the worst gadget, worst speed and mediocre weapons? He has the best voice and the most butt.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Donnerberg posted:

Does it really matter that Tachanka has the worst gadget, worst speed and mediocre weapons? He has the best voice and the most butt.

I will revise my opinion when I see how good or bad his elite skin is

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

SMP posted:

the only real way to learn them is through playing them, custom games won't help you much.

For actual strategy definitely, but I've found wandering around in an empty custom game is a great way to learn the layouts themselves.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

fwiw some newer players may be interested in hanging back as an attacker and "playing for picks" until they learn the maps:

Tacticool Snipers:
  • Glaz 85dmg or 72 w/suppressor lol
  • Dokkaebi 60dmg or 125dmg w/shotgun

Optional DMRs:
  • Twitch (417) 69dmg
  • Buck (CAMRS) 69dmg
  • Blackbeard (SR-25) 72dmg

you can learn a lot from chilling in vantage points and seeing how the round unfolds. you'll also get a lot of headshots against impatient defenders poking their heads out from cover

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I'd take the chart with a grain of salt. Also, suppressor owns and is seriously undervalued. Someone posted their stats in the previous thread over hundreds/thousands of games or whatever, and I think more than 50% of his kills were headshots, so the -damage isn't really that big a deal. When someone shoots at me with a suppressed gun it is EXTREMELY hard to pinpoint where they are and return fire, this is a huge advantage.

poo poo owns

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
That chart is not gospel. Try all attachments and pick whatever works for you best.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Thief posted:

fwiw some newer players may be interested in hanging back as an attacker and "playing for picks" until they learn the maps:

Tacticool Snipers:
  • Glaz 85dmg or 72 w/suppressor lol
  • Dokkaebi 60dmg or 125dmg w/shotgun

Optional DMRs:
  • Twitch (417) 69dmg
  • Buck (CAMRS) 69dmg
  • Blackbeard (SR-25) 72dmg

you can learn a lot from chilling in vantage points and seeing how the round unfolds. you'll also get a lot of headshots against impatient defenders poking their heads out from cover

Actually Blackbeard's SR25 only does 60 damage because you have to use a suppressor on it.

Also, I really recommend new players using Kapkan, it helps you learn the trap flow of maps and where players breach and how they enter objectives. Think in terms of how you're wandering away from the objective and where you're placing the traps: set up lines in your head from an entry point to the objective and place traps along that path. When you're the attacker and reach the objective, try to remember how you got there and place traps along that path next time.

Plus his SMG is awesome and he isn't a slow lil turtle now.

Kaedric posted:

I'd take the chart with a grain of salt. Also, suppressor owns and is seriously undervalued. Someone posted their stats in the previous thread over hundreds/thousands of games or whatever, and I think more than 50% of his kills were headshots, so the -damage isn't really that big a deal. When someone shoots at me with a suppressed gun it is EXTREMELY hard to pinpoint where they are and return fire, this is a huge advantage.

poo poo owns

Yup I'm a convert to suppressors. I played a week of recruit rushing to help reset my brain with regards to attachments and fell in love with suppressors after that. A very important thing to remember is that while you get an initial small damage reduction, as the match goes one people tend to lose health as they get into fights. The odds that you run into somebody who is going to die after they lose another 20-30 goes way up by the time the round is a minute or two in.

So all the damage charts in the world showing you that your DPS isn't optimized don't mean anything when you're shooting at Rook and kill him dead with a single bullet through the desk he's hiding behind because he had no idea where your shots were coming from.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 5, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Ive been goofing off trying to learn zofia and figured id ask for any advice on her. Im not sure I like her Lmg much to be honest.

I also wanted to share my most recent experience with her because it made me laugh. Whole team fies within moments to a super aggressive defense rush. Literally doesnt make it into the building. The other team is already down by two from people leaving so its 3 v 1. I sneak into the lower floor as i know they are above me i place a clay more under a cieling panel and breach it with my grenade launcher from a distance. Half a second later one of the defenders comes rushing through it and gets splattered by the claymore.

I didnt win the match i only got 2 out of 3 but that claymore trap made me laugh so i figured id share it.

Also had my first match where i got someone to murder a teammate chasing my drone which was real fun.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Just bought this game and although skeptical I am really enjoying it. Had to buy the year 1 and 2 packs because I hate grinding. Those clutch moments killing 2 or 3 players when it is 1 v 3 is so great.

Biggest issue for me isn't the aiming but learning the maps and strategies that people use. The right angle through a window, wall or door can destroy a team.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

keyframe posted:

That chart is not gospel. Try all attachments and pick whatever works for you best.

Completely true. I've found that the chart generally is pretty accurate but I picked muzzle attachments based on what I liked. It so happened I liked most of the ones on the chart. Other than that, I run silencer on Fuze's LMG, Mute's MP5K, a few handguns, and something else, and compensator on Ash's R4-C and Hibana's Type-89.

Also the process for testing attachments is awful.

Tumble posted:

Yup I'm a convert to suppressors. I played a week of recruit rushing to help reset my brain with regards to attachments and fell in love with suppressors after that. A very important thing to remember is that while you get an initial small damage reduction, as the match goes one people tend to lose health as they get into fights. The odds that you run into somebody who is going to die after they lose another 20-30 goes way up by the time the round is a minute or two in.

So all the damage charts in the world showing you that your DPS isn't optimized don't mean anything when you're shooting at Rook and kill him dead with a single bullet through the desk he's hiding behind because he had no idea where your shots were coming from.
Yeah, I like silencers in Siege but I just don't use them that much. I tried one on Frost's gun but the recoil difference compared to extended barrel bothered me. Also it raises the time to kill with bodyshots just a bit too much considering the RPM of her gun. Extended barrel doesn't really do anything (I think it takes one less bodyshot to kill/DBNO at range) but I prefer it.

EDIT: Here's an image showing locations to melee for one-hit vaults.

Polka_Rapper fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 5, 2018

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

New players should play castle and when your team runs out of the room immediately put your board up on the door.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amQIJwDWPGs

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Polka_Rapper posted:

Completely true. I've found that the chart generally is pretty accurate but I picked muzzle attachments based on what I liked. It so happened I liked most of the ones on the chart. Other than that, I run silencer on Fuze's LMG, Mute's MP5K, a few handguns, and something else, and compensator on Ash's R4-C and Hibana's Type-89.

Also the process for testing attachments is awful.

Yeah, I like silencers in Siege but I just don't use them that much. I tried one on Frost's gun but the recoil difference compared to extended barrel bothered me. Also it raises the time to kill with bodyshots just a bit too much considering the RPM of her gun. Extended barrel doesn't really do anything (I think it takes one less bodyshot to kill/DBNO at range) but I prefer it.

EDIT: Here's an image showing locations to melee for one-hit vaults.

Frost's gun has recoil? What sight are you using?

Adding to the attachment chat, doubling down on finding what works for you. I had to take the ACOG off of Echo and I've gone from hating his gun to playing roaming Echo for comedy. Fuze's AK is the other one I far prefer with a reflex.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

All Russian guns are best with reflex since the Russian reflex is really good and the Russian ACOG is hot garbage.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish you could have Russian reflex on every gun.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Nebiros posted:

Frost's gun has recoil? What sight are you using?

Reflex. Changing between the barrels slightly modifies the pattern. The actual recoil isn't anything.

Here's a couple clips of my amazing Frost play.

https://streamable.com/lo7lj
https://streamable.com/8yq6q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm one of those weird people who barely uses ACOGs ever. I just hate having to deal with magnification in close quarters. I basically only use it on Hibana's gun, since she's got a good close-quarters alternative anyhow.

Completely unrelated, I never get tired of Ela's gun. drat thing is ridiculous :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/eQc5RMr.mp4