Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Yessssss. This is the best Schnee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

New Throaat is up: http://throaat.bandcamp.com/album/reflections-in-darkness

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
So this was announced today...

NORTH AMERICA - BEWARE THE WOLVES CURSE! In February next year we will return doing the first full tour for TRIDENT WOLF ECLIPSE, together with our brothers from Destroyer 666 as well as some very special guests to be announced later. Spread the word!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

So this was announced today...

NORTH AMERICA - BEWARE THE WOLVES CURSE! In February next year we will return doing the first full tour for TRIDENT WOLF ECLIPSE, together with our brothers from Destroyer 666 as well as some very special guests to be announced later. Spread the word!

Wish it was just D666

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
List of black metal I liked this year. It seems I liked the Dutch, Vampires and lo-fi this year.

Albums
White Death - White Death
Obskuritatem - Vampirska Kakofonija
Obskuritatem - U kraljevstvu mrtvih
Vril - The Shadow Soul and the Black Sun
Forgotten Spell - The Necromancer
Both PdH splits
Byyrth - Saviours of Armageddon
Perverted Ceremony - Sabbat of Behezael
Keres/Cosmic Church
Keres - Book of Secrets
Black Magick SS - Kaleidoscope Dreams
Nocturnal Triumph - Into Light's Graven Womb
Vampyric Blood - Howling in Candlelight
Vaal - Geesten Van De Verlorenen
Krolok - Flying Above Ancient Ruins
Worm - Evocation of Black Marsh
Kruel Kommando - Synagoga Satanae

EPs, Demos and Stuff
Virulent Specter - You will Succumb to the Hate and Your Failures will Destroy you. (vocals are hosed up)
Palemort - s/t
Ifernach - Maqtewek Nakuset
Malphas - Les Novelles Chansons
Seidr - Frostbreed
Ultima Thule - Enthralling Lunar Majesty
Funeral Altar - Numerous Demos
Starcave - Demo 1
Moenen of Xebeth - Dawn of Morbid Sorcery
Wulkunaz - Blodwughe
Keres - About the Fire
Demstervold - Den Svartne Spokerii
Witchcraft - Diablerie

Other (not necessarily bm)
Everything done by Grav, Gjendod, Malefices, Tomb Mold, Blood Tyrant and Old Tower
Tomhet 4lp set by Goatowarex
Ghost of Oceania - The Cursed Lighthouse
Running Wild Re-issues
Black Funeral Re-Issues
Destruction Re-Issues
Oes Galliath - Skjold Re-issue

Danny LaFever fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 2, 2017

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Check out Runespell. Good stuff.

BMSS black metal?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Oldstench posted:

BMSS black metal?

Nah its in the vein of their other releases(and probably less metal than those, if anything)

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

A human heart posted:

Nah its in the vein of their other releases(and probably less metal than those, if anything)

I know that. I was asking why he put it in his best bm releases list.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just think of it is as BM.

Surfer Rock with keyboards and NS themes is more apt. I don't know what you'd classify it as. pysch rock?

Danny LaFever fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 3, 2017

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
The new Aosoth is really fuckin good.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

It's fantastic, yeah. Aosoth keep putting out great albums.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Oldstench posted:

Check out Runespell. Good stuff.

Extremely digging this.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

New Evilfeast is good
https://evilfeast.bandcamp.com/album/elegies-of-the-stellar-wind

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

oh poo poo, awesome.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm adding Vargrav - Netherstorm to my year end list. Wow.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Danny LaFever posted:

I'm adding Vargrav - Netherstorm to my year end list. Wow.

Yeah, this album owns. Reminds me heavily of Odium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZi3q9asjLw

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
poo poo... Odium. The glory days of symphonic black metal. I usually don't like it it that much but Vargrav does it well.

New Perverted Ceremony is up on Iron Bonehead and out on NWN on xmas day. NWN getting DHL has been awesome for me.

Danny LaFever fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 22, 2017

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Is good.

This is from earlier this year so it might have been posted before, but whatevs.
https://chambrefroidefr.bandcamp.com/album/rouges-chapelles

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TollTheHounds posted:

Apparently this album was released end of July digitally, but I only found out about it because I got a promo email from the label that is releasing the CD.

A Pale December is some loving fantastic atmospheric black metal. I'd say if you're a fan of Harakiri for the Sky, a slightly less medieval Obsequiea, maybe even a little Agalloch, this will be right up your alley. Lots of melody, airy ambient stringed instrument interludes and synths, a really beautiful, depressing, harsh kind of vibe. The production is fantastic too, the drums in particular sound amazing and I normally don't give a poo poo about drums really as long as they're there.

A lot of the songs have a real sense of building up and intensifying before dropping to a lull then picking back up again along with a variety of quick time-signature adjustments sprinkled throughout, it's a very satisfying listen.

https://apaledecember.bandcamp.com/

Favourite track - The Path of Stars: https://apaledecember.bandcamp.com/track/the-path-of-stars

But honestly every song is its own treasure.

[edit] Meant to post this in the general thread as I'd hestitate to call this really BLACK METAL, much more in the "post-" range, but maybe you all may get a kick out of it.

This was extremely my poo poo. Thanks for this.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

New Panphage track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31VbJavMqCU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

New Shining is out, and if you enjoy depressing Swedish black-ish metal, it's good.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

joylessdivision posted:

This was extremely my poo poo. Thanks for this.

It's a great album, if you want physical media of it Avantgarde released the CD and it is some high quality poo poo, but then everything from Avantgarde usually is in terms of packaging anyway.

The next album may be quite different though, they posted this on their facebook:

A Pale December posted:

Reading most of the reviews online, I've often found our name immediately associated with Agalloch and other well known "atmospheric black metal" acts. As much as we are flattered to see so many positive comments placing us alongside our former greater sources of inspiration, we want to be heir of no other band.
Furthermore, we never started this project to follow one particular musical style or way to play black metal.
All this talk just to say that the next work we'll put out may be very different from what you've heard from us so far. (Don't worry, no drastic "Ulver-like" change of heart ahah).

Here is Korpsvart playing one of the new riffs on a good ol' Les Paul, pretty shoegaze-y.

I won't link to a Facebook video but if you look them up there you can listen, it is pretty shoegaze-y but sounds promising.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

TollTheHounds posted:

It's a great album, if you want physical media of it Avantgarde released the CD and it is some high quality poo poo, but then everything from Avantgarde usually is in terms of packaging anyway.

The next album may be quite different though, they posted this on their facebook:

I won't link to a Facebook video but if you look them up there you can listen, it is pretty shoegaze-y but sounds promising.

Mods namechange to Corpsefart please

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TollTheHounds posted:

Blackgaze is also very much my poo poo so I'll have to keep an eye on these guys.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
So, the Abbath-less Immortal posted this on their Facebook page today...

IMMORTAL HAS COMPLETED NEW ALBUM!

The recording and mastering of the new IMMORTAL album is completed.
The band´s upcoming new full-length album has been produced by Peter Tägtgren (Abyss Studio) who also produced «At The Heart Of Winter", "Damned In Black", "Sons Of Northern Darkness" and "All Shall Fall"

Demonaz and Horgh comment:
"We have put a massive amount of energy into this, and wanted to deliver our absolutely best.
It has been a pleasure to finish the studio process and most of all being stoked about the final result. Peter Tägtgren has done an outstanding job in producing and mixing it. We now look forward to have it released, and are excited to share our 9th full length with you all."

The album will be released by Nuclear Blast Records in 2018 (release date will follow) and will contain the following tracks:
"Northern Chaos Gods", "Into Battle Ride", "Gates To Blashyrkh", "Grim And Dark", "Called To Ice", "Where Mountains Rise", "Blacker Of Worlds" and "Mighty Ravendark"

The line-up on the album is:
Demonaz (vocals, guitars)
Horgh (drums)
Peter Tägtgren (session bass)

At least the track titles sound pretty good.

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 8, 2018

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Grim and Dark

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Thought he couldn't play guitar since Blizzard Beasts?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

So, the Abbath-less Immortal posted this on their Facebook page today...

IMMORTAL HAS COMPLETED NEW ALBUM!

The recording and mastering of the new IMMORTAL album is completed.
The band´s upcoming new full-length album has been produced by Peter Tägtgren (Abyss Studio) who also produced «At The Heart Of Winter", "Damned In Black", "Sons Of Northern Darkness" and "All Shall Fall"

Demonaz and Horgh comment:
"We have put a massive amount of energy into this, and wanted to deliver our absolutely best.
It has been a pleasure to finish the studio process and most of all being stoked about the final result. Peter Tägtgren has done an outstanding job in producing and mixing it. We now look forward to have it released, and are excited to share our 9th full length with you all."

The album will be released by Nuclear Blast Records in 2018 (release date will follow) and will contain the following tracks:
"Northern Chaos Gods", "Into Battle Ride", "Gates To Blashyrkh", "Grim And Dark", "Called To Ice", "Where Mountains Rise", "Blacker Of Worlds" and "Mighty Ravendark"

The line-up on the album is:
Horgh (drums)
Peter Tägtgren (session bass)

At least the track titles sound pretty good.

There's no way that will be good

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

A human heart posted:

There's no way that will be good

Can't be worse than "All Shall Fall"

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Grand Belial's Key compilation up on WTC.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
https://sanguineeagle.bandcamp.com/album/individuation

Totally missed this when it came out but it's good. Tape is $6 at Psychic Violence.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

New Panphage album is up for pre-order.

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

I saw Batushka today and they were amazing. Probably in my top 5 gigs. They cancelled their last show in my city due to tour bus issues or something but they definitely made up for it!

If you liked Litourgiya even a tiny bit you should definitely go see them if you get the chance.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

YYZ posted:

I saw Batushka today and they were amazing. Probably in my top 5 gigs. They cancelled their last show in my city due to tour bus issues or something but they definitely made up for it!

If you liked Litourgiya even a tiny bit you should definitely go see them if you get the chance.

Do they do the chants themselves or is that piped in?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Hey, sorry, I'm still loving last year's Black Cilice release. Any other poo poo like that from last year or this year, already? Raw stuff is taking a hold on my dumb brain.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
The Sanguine Relic album from last year is pretty great. The vinyl and cassette pressings sold out in like a minute, though.

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do they do the chants themselves or is that piped in?

I forgot to reply but they had a mini-choir of 3 people stood at the side of the stage doing the chanting.

It was amazingly theatrical.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

apophenium posted:

Hey, sorry, I'm still loving last year's Black Cilice release. Any other poo poo like that from last year or this year, already? Raw stuff is taking a hold on my dumb brain.

Carved Cross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQtnQPrxa0Q

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

apophenium posted:

Ostots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37fUUALg3lE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0gqLR9Mp0I