Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I'm going to take a day off next week to get some poo poo done around the house and also binge a little and I'm trying to decide which day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Since the OP requested it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Are they doing another stupid bit donation incentive that won't come within 25% of being reached?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Clearly they'd get more Twitch bit incentives met if every cheer played 20 seconds of honking horns like every other stream.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Slickdrac posted:

They should also not do it because even with the crappy 10% matching Twitch was doing, it was still giving about 25+% of bit cost directly to Twitch.

Quoting from the last page, I have not seen anything about Twitch doing any matching this year, probably because their overwhelming generosity meant they only matched with $2300. Unsure if there's any thought on the GDQ side about doing incentives though.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

According to UraniumAnchor, there'll be no bits incentives for AGDQ 2018.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Reminder that I'll be commentating for Blaster Master Zero on the first night so watch it please and thank you.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

iPodschun posted:

http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq17/ has viewer & donation totals from AGDQ last year and I assume http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq18/ (404 right now) will have the stats for this year once the marathon starts.
There are two setup blocks on the last day that could be pretty good places for Super Metroid to be put in. I don't know if any Super Metroid runners are planning to be at AGDQ but zoast has been grinding any% NMG lately...

zallard's MTPO + SPO run will be up as a donation incentive and I'm ready to donate for that if needed.

They should do Super Metroid Randomizer instead to fit with this year's theme :colbert:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

UraniumAnchor posted:

Reminder that I'll be commentating for Blaster Master Zero on the first night so watch it please and thank you.

Noted and added to my mental schedule.

After poking around, I'm also pretty interested in:
[Thursday] Two games being run by ADGQ owner Mike Uyama:
Sub-Terrania, which is some sort of Gravitar-clone he's run in the past that looks hard a balls.
Earnest Evans, which looks like they made each major bone of your character a separate [Sega equivalent of] mode-7 scaled and rotated sprite

Followed immediately by
Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon, which appears to be "Fantastic Voyage" the game.

A little bit later is "Titenic", some sort of beat-em-up where you are Leo DiCaprio on the boat, and it appears to have been coded for a bootleg 15-in-1 Famicom cart.

[Friday] Densha de D (apparently a simultaneous parody of trainsim Densha de Go! and street racing manga Initial D which is the origin of....

In terms of more mainstream games, I'm interested in seeing Metal Gear Solid 1 and 3. Breath of the Wild should be a good finisher, but I'm going to be very upset by their rock tech, because I literally can't get a rock to go the direction I want to save my life in that game, and I expect they will be flying all over the map on them.

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 6, 2018

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I'm playing Silent Hill on Wednesday. Please watch and lavish me with praise, my ego needs it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I'm playing Silent Hill on Wednesday. Please watch and lavish me with praise, my ego needs it.

i hope for commentary that is both succinct and somewhat punchy

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
My nerdier brother will be in the live audience and giving people rides. I hear.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm so happy there's no super metroid this year

Same, but the exact opposite.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

fishmech posted:

My nerdier brother will be in the live audience and giving people rides. I hear.

fishmech how is it possible that you have a nerdier brother

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

24 hours to go. Prepare your Streamlinks!

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

gently caress yeah speedy dudes it's time to get speedy :coolfish:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i look forward to as many thread injokes as possible or repeated commentary about how people say you hate fun

either of those works

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Everybody can calm down, I finally found the slow thread too.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

mp5 posted:

i look forward to as many thread injokes as possible or repeated commentary about how people say you hate fun

either of those works

I'm hoping for the couch to be full of guys eating nachos

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

PJ has arrived.

https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/949780706053500928

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Does the arrival of PJ signal the tech crew to do another sweep of making sure all the cables work the way they're supposed to?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

How does he manage to break everything he touches?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The Lobster posted:

lol, you think he actually has to touch it first.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

The Lobster posted:

he has the world's shittest superpower

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I love lamp!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

DoctorWhat posted:

I was literally about to ask the same question...

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

I love lamp!

Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Azathoth256 posted:

Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?

Look at lamp, Azathoth.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

DoctorWhat posted:

Minecraft youtuber. 😬

He does do some speedgames now though

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

https://twitter.com/mecharichter/status/949919284305760256

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

fishmech posted:

Minecraft youtuber. 😬

He does do some speedgames now though

this is the greatest bit of forums lore imaginable. thank you.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
Yeah let's do this. I'm looking forward to 90% of the donation messages being something other than "save the frames kill the animals" but I think people are probably just going to say "greetings from germany" instead.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Not sure how much of the first day I'm going to watch. I just ordered the Crash Trilogy from Amazon, and I try to avoid runs of game I want to play myself. I also have some errands I'd like to get done before I sit down and watch the marathon

That being said, I am looking forward to the Metal Gear games being run on Monday, and the Awful Block through Wednesday/Thursday night. I'm interested to see Arabian Nights and Rex Ronan.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Huh, checking it out with livestreamer, the AGDQ stream doesn't seem to have a 1080 quality option? Or is it just the restream is in 720p60 and the actual stream will be higher quality?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Shirts are here

Probably getting Dark Beast and Glitched Light Mythology myself.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Personally there's no design that jumps out immediately this time, like, "I have to get that ASAP". I always tend to get something with a retro game theme so maybe the Twinbee one.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Is the Finale Patch going to have the final total on it? That'd be pretty good to have.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

An hour left to go. Hoping for the threads to get stickied soon.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/mecharichter/status/949921812422545409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

KennyMan666 posted:

Shirts are here

Probably getting Dark Beast and Glitched Light Mythology myself.

The Goblez shirt looks nice, of course I love FFIV so that probably the main reason I wouldn't mind buying it. What is this Dark Beast shirt from through.

• Locked thread