Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

There's that one issue of Spider-Man and the X-Men when he explains why he couldn't monetize his powers without exposing his identity, and gets all lovely when the students start explaining how he could have set up shell companies and trusts to make money without exposing his family :laugh:

That whole series was incredible.

"Hey everybody Storm says I'm the new Wolverine!"
"I did not!"
"I'm the new Wolverine!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"Yes! No students killed yet!"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's the one where sauron tries to turn everyone into dinosaurs right

because replace sauron with the lizard and dinosaurs with more lizards and I could see that being where this arc is heading

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
JJJ is gonna get a photo of Spidey dragging a corpse across the city, it's gonna be great.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
But then JJJ will get in trouble when he posts a photo of a corpse on social media.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Maxwell Adams posted:

JJJ is gonna get a photo of Spidey dragging a corpse across the city, it's gonna be great.
Peter walking down Miami streets, exhausted, pulling a road-rashed corpse of Connors behind him via web string, collapsing in front of the ER with Connors dead four blocks ago.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's the one where sauron tries to turn everyone into dinosaurs right

because replace sauron with the lizard and dinosaurs with more lizards and I could see that being where this arc is heading

I don't want to fix my arm, I want to turn people into lizards.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I want to fix my arm but I keep turning people into lizards

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

There's that one issue of Spider-Man and the X-Men when he explains why he couldn't monetize his powers without exposing his identity, and gets all lovely when the students start explaining how he could have set up shell companies and trusts to make money without exposing his family :laugh:

Is that the one where he teaches a class at Xavier's school? That mini series is loving awesome.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Manatee Cannon posted:

I want to fix my arm but I keep turning people into lizards

I want to fix my arm and turn more people into lizards.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Wait

So Spider-man is hopping around to get Connors to the hospital as fast as he can

Yet we know that Banner will be the one to donate his blood to him because of plot hooks

And they left Banner behind.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Samuringa posted:

Wait

So Spider-man is hopping around to get Connors to the hospital as fast as he can

Yet we know that Banner will be the one to donate his blood to him because of plot hooks

And they left Banner behind.

He's in the cab.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

boing boing where am I going

I love how if you look at his leg in the second panel you can really obviously see the gashes that are supposed to be skin-colored and the big surrounding bloodstain that's supposed to be red, but the weekday colorist was either too stupid to realize it wasn't badly drawn wrinkles or was just like "gently caress it".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pete will get to the hospital and find MJ and Bruce have been waiting there for 10 minutes after getting an Uber.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

I love how if you look at his leg in the second panel you can really obviously see the gashes that are supposed to be skin-colored and the big surrounding bloodstain that's supposed to be red, but the weekday colorist was either too stupid to realize it wasn't badly drawn wrinkles or was just like "gently caress it".

Pretty sure "gently caress it" is the week day colorist's catch phrase. See Kala's "there it is-now it's gone-there it is" décolletage.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's a lot more trust and faith than I'd expect out of someone in miami

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's a lot more trust and faith than I'd expect out of someone in miami

He's a local, he knows that Connor's will die in that hospital.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mulva posted:

Conners is lucky his doctor will be an alligator

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

And it's even worse in today's strip!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mulva posted:

Yeah those aren't words of encouragement, those are words of "oh yeah go for it :rolleyes:"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Go gently caress yourself, web-slinger!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
:golfclap:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
My prediction: MJ and Banner get stuck in the traffic, doctor Hulks out and starts throwing cars over. Spiderman's spider sense compels Peter to walk out to be crushed under a stray flying car.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:perfect:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hulk managing to perfectly hit the middle of that letter is what makes this image great.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the gator came back for connor's other leg

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

According to the pants, Peter took him to a tailor first.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

when did namor move to florida and why is he working in a hospital

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Just gave up and admitted the colorist was right and nothing's actually wrong with Curt's leg, I guess.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Next strip: The guy takes Spiderman to the ER, where he has to wait for Connors to be triaged like anyone else.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haifisch posted:

Next strip: The guy takes Spiderman to the ER, where he has to wait for Connors to be triaged like anyone else.

He's unconscious and bleeding, so he'll probably get through pretty quickly.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Countdown to Spider-Man_loss.jpg

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm pretty sure that can be knocked together with minimal effort at this point

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 6, 2018

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tiggum posted:

He's unconscious and bleeding, so he'll probably get through pretty quickly.

It’s kate bishop as his doctor

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

dupersaurus posted:

Countdown to Spider-Man_loss.jpg

I actually did one for the old CTRL-ALT-DEL mock thread years ago:

Unfortunately, it has a distinct lack of Dr. Connors and His Magical, Self-Repairing Pants.

Stahlgeist fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
That guy's face reminds me of some businessman supervillain but I can't quite put my finger on it