Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Green Intern posted:

Also this cyoa is really neat. I am a sucker for gifs.

Thanks and welcome! Its definitely had its rough patches because I'm still a novice GM, but it's been a cool experience running it.

-------------------------

Votes are still split. I count 3 for C and 3 for D

As an additional note there's no "penalty" for D but time will pass while you look around further.

With that in mind I'm holding a runoff:

A) "ExaGen Consolidated"
No displays; just plain grey concrete, a simple sign, and a reinforced door. They must not need to advertise?

B) Keep looking
There's plenty more to choose from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

A

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

A

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
B) Keep looking

Ya'll a bunch of bandwagoning jerks. :colbert:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

A

CourValant posted:

B) Keep looking

Ya'll a bunch of bandwagoning jerks. :colbert:

Nah, we just recognize that the local neon mine probably isn't going to have two body mechanics that don't have crippling self-confidence issues.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Have Blue posted:

A) "ExaGen Consolidated"
No displays; just plain grey concrete, a simple sign, and a reinforced door. They must not need to advertise?

You walk over to ExaGen, dodging through the crowd. You reach for the door... and it's locked? Puzzled, you tug several times on the handle until it relents with a quiet click.

The best way to describe the inside would be sterile:

After a short entrance hallway, the building widens out into a sparse reception area:

A man sits behind the desk, his face hidden behind an intricate mask(?):

"What can we do for you today, Mr... ?"
(Question Time! You're able to freely converse and ask questions, though they most likely won't be answered if they stray away from the business at hand.)

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 6, 2018

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What can you do for me, sir?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"I've been modded to hell and back and I don't know where they come from or why I have them. What can you do to help?

"More importantly, what can I do to help you?"

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

There Bias Two posted:

What can you do for me, sir?

"We offer a full suite of bio- and cyberware, along with extensive aftermarket support. We also perform diagnostics and tune-ups in case your current augmentations happen to be giving you trouble."

He chuckles, tapping his mask(?).

"Preliminary data on your current suite suggests the latter. We don't have a spec on file for any of it, but I'm sure we'll manage"

Another chuckle.

"If you would like additional enhancement, we can offer that as well, assuming that it is compatible. In short, what can we do for you? Anything and everything, though I'm sure you'd run out of funds before you ran out of imagination."

He gives a final laugh.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That's a fetching mask. Bespoke?

As you can see I had some work done, but, uh, I don't remember it. Do you offer analysis and ident services? I need an inventory.

Edit: apparently you do!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Some of my augs are...non-responsive. Fix em up for me.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

super sweet best pal posted:

"I've been modded to hell and back and I don't know where they come from or why I have them. What can you do to help?

This is weird. Most people auged up to the level you suspect you're at usually have very good reasons for doing so. He probably thinks you're either very wealthy or very connected. Admitting that you're a currently homeless dude who woke up this way would be highly irregular. You can still ask this, but this will require a minivote.

"More importantly, what can I do to help you?"

"I would love to take a good long look at your hardware, if I may."

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 6, 2018

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

There Bias Two posted:

Some of my augs are...non-responsive. Fix em up for me.

"Certainly! Though as I mentioned, we are unfamiliar with your current suite. Depending on the scope and severity of your issues it could be a substantial sum. The bleeding edge eh? Best 'till it breaks!" *chuckle*

Hexenritter posted:

That's a fetching mask. Bespoke?

"Thank you! Of course it is, done right here in fact." *chuckle*

Hexenritter posted:

As you can see I had some work done, but, uh, I don't remember it. Do you offer analysis and ident services? I need an inventory.

Edit: apparently you do!

Same embargo on admitting not knowing how you got your augs applies here. You can always rephrase to gloss over that fact though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yes on having a total stranger know we've been forcefully altered

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yes on having a total stranger know we've been forcefully altered

Tell him it was a gift

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Alright let's make it official.

Minivote: Do you want to reveal that you've been altered without your knowledge and/or consent?

A) Yes
I tell the truth

B) Yes
But I leave the "how" and "why" vague

C) Yes
I come up with a cover story (What is it?)

D) No

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

D

Rephrase the question to be something like I've been having some trouble lately, something might have bumped loose, can you run a full diagnostic and inventory?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

B

After all, 'we have no idea either' is true but also nice and nebulous.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

D

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh come on please do not tell the shady unethical corporation that we're vulnerable clueless fools, they will immediately promise us a full suite of diagnostics and debugs or whatever and then rip our limbs out for salvage and/or sell us back to our masters the second we're rendered unconscious.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Crazycryodude posted:

D

Rephrase the question to be something like I've been having some trouble lately, something might have bumped loose, can you run a full diagnostic and inventory?

D, Cryo style

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

D

Telling a corp employee one of our deepest secrets seems like a good way to wake up disassembled or worse.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh come on please do not tell the shady unethical corporation that we're vulnerable clueless fools, they will immediately promise us a full suite of diagnostics and debugs or whatever and then rip our limbs out for salvage and/or sell us back to our masters the second we're rendered unconscious.

Calling ExaGen a corp would be a misnomer, they'd be closer to a startup or a "mom and pop" shop (Below A and National Corps in Shadowrun terms). Even the biggest and best businesses in Red Row tend to be fairly fluid, operating on the margins of legality as they do. That's not to say that ExaGen wouldn't have corp contacts, in fact it would be highly likely based on what's on offer. From their selection (and prices!) you'd guess that they discreetly serve a very high end clientele who either doesn't want to or can't go to official corp clinics. Shady? Yes. Unethical? Probably. But your general impression is that they stand behind their brand (assuming you can afford it).

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 6, 2018

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
On the other hand "I'm a vagrant with no connections and no known friends or family who blundered into being a walking repository of bleeding edge augs some of the best in the business haven't seen" might be too tempting an offer to pass up.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
D

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Minivote closed. D) No wins.

Crazycryodude posted:

I've been having some trouble lately, something might have bumped loose, can you run a full diagnostic and inventory?

"Ah, robbing museums can be quite troublesome I see. 'Bumped loose' indeed!" *chuckle*

"I'd like to extend an offer: we will perform a full diagnostic and deep survey of your systems in exchange for rights to use the (anonymized) gathered data as we see fit and an additional battery of physical tests. Functionality in various conditions, extent of capabilities, etcetera, etcetera."

He waves dismissively.

"This will also give us a good starting point for any tweaks and upgrades you'd like to make in the future. What do you say?"

A) Yes

B) No

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
First off, you can call me Bojangles, Mr Bojangles.

Secondly, A, you can scan and examine my augs, give me a readout, adjustment options and keep a copy for your records. But all under the assumption that you understand my employer has the wherewithal to outfit me with all of this, and so you realise they have a very focused interest in hanging onto their intelectual property and it would be inadvisable to take advantage of either myself or that information.

Thirdly, I need an integrated dick gun, neuro linked and independent of my current system.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 6, 2018

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
"How much for you to destroy your copies of the information afterwards instead?"

Outrail posted:

First off, you can call me Bojangles, Mr Bojangles.

Secondly, A, you can scan and examine my augs, give me a readout, adjustment options and keep a copy for your records. But all under the assumption that you understand my employer has the wherewithal to outfit me with all of this, and so you realise they have a very focused interest in hanging onto their intelectual property and it would be inadvisable to take advantage of either myself or that information.

Thirdly, I need an integrated dick gun, neuro linked and independent of my current system.
Don't do these things.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Ralith posted:

"How much for you to destroy your copies of the information afterwards instead?"

Yeah, you can get a good look at all my shinies here and now, but you can only keep whatever fits inside your head, no permanent copies. My employers are extremely protective of their secrets. (Unless you have an eidetic memory. Are artificial eidetic memories a thing via implants or brain surgery or whatever?).

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Ralith posted:

Don't do these things.

"ExaGen takes client privacy very seriously. Standard procedure is to compile a secure medical file to ensure quality of future care and ease troubleshooting. You can opt out of this if you like, but we'd have to start over from square one the next time you were to visit us or any other facility. In either case, you can rely on our absolute discretion. This scenario is slightly different however: we'd like to gather much more data than we normally do and to use that data to improve our services. Deleting it all would rather defeat the point no? If this offer proves unsuitable, our standard workup fee is 1200 credits."

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah, you can get a good look at all my shinies here and now, but you can only keep whatever fits inside your head, no permanent copies. My employers are extremely protective of their secrets. (Unless you have an eidetic memory. Are artificial eidetic memories a thing via implants or brain surgery or whatever?).

Is this an A vote with a further statement? Please bold what you'd like to say if so.

Artificial eidetic memories aren't really a thing as such, but the distinction is moot when feeds from integrated sensory implants can be recorded locally and played back whenever.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well, poo poo, guess we kinda have to let him take his readings.

A, and remind him that our employers are extremely protective of their secrets.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Crazycryodude posted:

This. Probably violentlymurderously protective

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Crazycryodude posted:

Yes. Submit to probing

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A: Violate my warranty papi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
A) Yes

• Locked thread