Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hey, if anybody does this, can I get a guide to hooking up NJPWWorld to Chromecast on my TV? Thinking of making the switch from Roku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Okada winning at WK is even more egregious seeing as he is now loving about with Sanada as the b roll to Naito and Jericho. Congrats on pissing off the fans, killing a hot storyline and devaluing the belt all in one fell swoop.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MassRafTer posted:

They run 1 or 2 major shows per month, but NJPW World will have several house shows too. This month there are two semi major New Beginning shows at the end of the month but most importantly the Fantasticamania tour with CMLL is this month. You can get away with just watching one show per month if you want to be boring and let your consumption of fascism dictate your life.

Where does NJPW fall on the political spectrum?

I only watch WWE PPVs these days while playing my Switch. Really can't be assed to devote a full 45 minutes of attention to Shane McMahon matches.

But yeah, I love how NJPW just does multi man tags as the undercard. Helps noobies learn the characters and feuds but doesn't blow anything off too quickly oversaturate a matchup.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hey, if anybody does this, can I get a guide to hooking up NJPWWorld to Chromecast on my TV? Thinking of making the switch from Roku

The only way I would think is mirroring your screen either on the Chrome browser or with your phone and the NJPW app.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Byolante posted:

Okada winning at WK is even more egregious seeing as he is now loving about with Sanada as the b roll to Naito and Jericho. Congrats on pissing off the fans, killing a hot storyline and devaluing the belt all in one fell swoop.

I'm disappointed Naito didn't win but this is a bit of an overreaction. Right now NJPW's #1 goal is cementing Okada as the megastar champ who can make or break guys, and the feeling is he ahs to surpass Tanahashi's awesome reign of 11 successful defences (he needs 2 to tie, 3 to break). Naito will win the belt eventually, probably hold it for a at least 4-5 months, then drop it to Kenny before Kenny drops it back to either Naito or Okada, setting up Naito vs Okada again at WK 13.

It'll be fine. I don't know how new you are to NJPW, but they've always persevered when we've questioned the booking in the past. Be patient, because trust me, they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Byolante posted:

If Gedo knew he was doing Naito/Jericho off the back of WK, he's kind of booking himself into a corner however he booked it. If Naito wins, and the Jericho match goes as it did, then you're booking the guy who lost his shot at the US title against the world champion, which makes no sense (and Jericho is a heel who isn't in a group so he can't pin Naito in a tag). Or they both win, but then you have US champ vs IWGP champion, and leave Okada and Omega with nothing.

Maybe... MAYBE you can have Jericho win the US belt and Naito loses to Okada, but challenges Jericho to prove he's not a nostalgia act and defend the belt against him but then what do you do with Omega? Have him wrestle Tanahashi or Goto?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

If Gedo knew he was doing Naito/Jericho off the back of WK, he's kind of booking himself into a corner however he booked it. If Naito wins, and the Jericho match goes as it did, then you're booking the guy who lost his shot at the US title against the world champion, which makes no sense (and Jericho is a heel who isn't in a group so he can't pin Naito in a tag). Or they both win, but then you have US champ vs IWGP champion, and leave Okada and Omega with nothing.

Maybe... MAYBE you can have Jericho win the US belt and Naito loses to Okada, but challenges Jericho to prove he's not a nostalgia act and defend the belt against him but then what do you do with Omega? Have him wrestle Tanahashi or Goto?

Just make Scott Norton his partner, or turn Togi Makabe, he's not doing anything

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heh, Makabe as the new Mr Hughes would be pretty fun, actually. Just give him some shades to go with his chain and have him second Jericho for his matches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Byolante posted:

Sanada gets a match that elevates him and he gets to soften up Okada for Naito's rematch. Trust Gedo, njpw books in years, not weeks, and normally does a very good job. (Unless you are a tag team).

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

NJPW app has a chromecast option on Android. I use it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I feel like you can have Kenny be the guy to finally beat Okada for the title after Okada holds it for maybe even as much as a full year, then Naito beats Kenny, Naito wins a rematch with Kenny, and Naito defends vs. Okada. Then you do Okada as a man on a mission to get his title back, you've cemented Naito as a top guy, and Okada's had a long enough run where he only lost like twice a year to where he should be your top star for the forseeable future with or without the top belt.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Where does NJPW fall on the political spectrum?

I only watch WWE PPVs these days while playing my Switch. Really can't be assed to devote a full 45 minutes of attention to Shane McMahon matches.

But yeah, I love how NJPW just does multi man tags as the undercard. Helps noobies learn the characters and feuds but doesn't blow anything off too quickly oversaturate a matchup.

Japan in general is fairly right wing from what I've gathered but there are folks who post here who actually live there, they'd know more.

Strawberry Panda posted:

The only way I would think is mirroring your screen either on the Chrome browser or with your phone and the NJPW app.

Thanks for that but I just found this https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5q85yn/how_to_stream_njpw_world_on_roku/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Byolante posted:

Congrats on pissing off the fans, killing a hot storyline and devaluing the belt all in one fell swoop.

I wanted Naito to win too, and I'm sure a significant number of the fans did, but let's not pretend that the crowd didn't pop big for Okada's win. Both guys remain super over and if anything Naito is already doing better than Okada did after his loss to Tanahashi at WK9 saw him go on a losing streak and struggle to beat the likes of Bad Luck Fale.

Which in turn reminds me, that show where Okada finally regained his confidence and just DESTROYED Fale was incredibly cathartic. Naito being Tranquilo while Jericho was losing his poo poo last night was also great.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Japan in general is fairly right wing from what I've gathered but there are folks who post here who actually live there, they'd know more.

Thanks for that but I just found this https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5q85yn/how_to_stream_njpw_world_on_roku/

Yeah that's how i got it to work with my roku. Chrome cast seems a lot easier though.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Jericho vs Naito is gonna be really loving good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Byolante posted:

I don't think having the loser of the US championship match facing the winner of the title match for the biggest belt in the company is a really great way to show that title has value.

I'm already not super fond of Jay being in another title match immediately but at least I feel in kayfabe that the IC belt has more prestige than the US one. So he's not losing then immediately in a match for a more important belt.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm disappointed Naito didn't win but this is a bit of an overreaction. Right now NJPW's #1 goal is cementing Okada as the megastar champ who can make or break guys, and the feeling is he ahs to surpass Tanahashi's awesome reign of 11 successful defences (he needs 2 to tie, 3 to break). Naito will win the belt eventually, probably hold it for a at least 4-5 months, then drop it to Kenny before Kenny drops it back to either Naito or Okada, setting up Naito vs Okada again at WK 13.

It'll be fine. I don't know how new you are to NJPW, but they've always persevered when we've questioned the booking in the past. Be patient, because trust me, they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

So here's my new brilliant plan: Okada smashes the record for defenses. Beats SANADA obviously, beat ZSJ, beats KUSHIDA, beats Brandi Rhodes, beats BONE SOLIDER, beats everyone. Maybe if you want to be cheeky either you run Okada/Naito at Dominion and tease another time limit draw like last year but Okada wins in like 58 minutes, or gently caress it Okada/Omega IV except it's another time limit draw.

Okada goes into the G1 as champ and gets the easy bracket with the other side loaded, Kenny/Naito/White/Tana. Okada runs his side flawlessly, goes against Tana in the finals and wins. Okada has the first ever perfect run through the G1, he's the champ and has the title shot, he's beaten everybody, he's the greatest ever.

And that opens the door for a freshly released Bryan Danielson to challenge him for the Dome.

Okada beats him too then loses to like Yujiro or something when he dies of exhaustion

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Capsaicin posted:

holy poo poo that pop when kenny comes out at NYD.

oh Kenny is super over, everyone's dying for him to get outta bullet club

also lij is the perfect stable it needs no one else

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If you primarily use a full cumputer web browser for World like i do:

Super easy, just use the Chrome browser to watch whatever video you want and hit the chromecast icon that will appear as part of the video control UI when your cursor highlights the video.

for mobile:

you have to download the NJPW World app first. The slightly confusing part is that you don't browse World through the app. Browse the site through your mobile browser of choice and the app is used to to help cast from it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

With them trying to cement Okada as a legend he should absolutely go undefeated in the G1 and have his WK challenger come from another source than the G1 tournament. This seems like a prime time to do that. It also leaves it open for someone from WWE to come over for the WK title shot, which is drat unlikely but hey why not leave that open as a possibility as an added bonus.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

NowonSA posted:

With them trying to cement Okada as a legend he should absolutely go undefeated in the G1 and have his WK challenger come from another source than the G1 tournament. This seems like a prime time to do that. It also leaves it open for someone from WWE to come over for the WK title shot, which is drat unlikely but hey why not leave that open as a possibility as an added bonus.

no one from wwe is beating okada in a million years

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Everything last night screamed Gedo has lost the plot aside from Suzuki killing Tanahashi. The wrestlers are great and will produce great matches regardless but every decision seems to be the wrong one.

-The champ is now wrestling the 3rd or 4th best member of LIJ for the main title of the company after already conclusively beating the 1st and 2nd best, why would this happen aside from he booked himself into a self imposed dumb corner
-The 2 losers of the top 2 matches are now wrestling each other for no reason except maybe Chris Jericho is a crazy man and its being presented as the most important thing in the company
-Your top gaijin wrestler just after winning a stellar grudge match and being on top of the world gets made to look like an idiot by a returning young boy who looked out of his depth by a half dead Tanahashi
-You have Chaos win the never trios belts then just give them back to GoD and Fale the next night. Why bother

That said I think Taichi is hilarious and get entertained by his dumb antics so what do I know. His taunt for 'shits about to get real' is ripping off his trousers, how can you not like that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

New Japan Pro Wrestling has Gone downhill since 2017. I'd suggest hiring a few experienced writers (a mix of those with TV backgrounds and inexperienced minor celebrities) to offset much of the workload

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Byolante posted:

Everything last night screamed Gedo has lost the plot aside from Suzuki killing Tanahashi. The wrestlers are great and will produce great matches regardless but every decision seems to be the wrong one.

-The champ is now wrestling the 3rd or 4th best member of LIJ for the main title of the company after already conclusively beating the 1st and 2nd best, why would this happen aside from he booked himself into a self imposed dumb corner
-The 2 losers of the top 2 matches are now wrestling each other for no reason except maybe Chris Jericho is a crazy man and its being presented as the most important thing in the company
-Your top gaijin wrestler just after winning a stellar grudge match and being on top of the world gets made to look like an idiot by a returning young boy who looked out of his depth by a half dead Tanahashi
-You have Chaos win the never trios belts then just give them back to GoD and Fale the next night. Why bother

That said I think Taichi is hilarious and get entertained by his dumb antics so what do I know. His taunt for 'shits about to get real' is ripping off his trousers, how can you not like that.

Look at these stupid-rear end takes

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Byolante posted:

1: You can't have the top guys only face each other all the time. SANADA is good at wrestling and is a fresh challenger for Okada, hopefully they'll put on a good match and SANADA will look good in losing. Besides, it's not a rule that only the top guy in a faction can hold the main belt; Okada was #2 in CHAOS behind Nakamura when holding the world belt. Whether or not they would have had a CHAOS civil war between the two will never be known with Naka leaving but Okada was never the leader until Naka left.
2: Chris Jericho coming in is a Big Deal and if he wants to hang around and put people over and continue his mid-life crisis for a lot of money Gedo will let him do so. There'll be diminishing returns after a point but you can run Jericho vs the other three aces and draw some. Remember, much like Jinder was for India, Jericho is for us filthy Yanks and Brits.
3: Kenny's very over so they're gonna use him to try and get Jay White over, which is Wrestling 101.
4: Who loving knows about the trios belt, I think I held the trios belt at some point last year.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

shiksa posted:

no one from wwe is beating okada in a million years

Oh I didn't say they'd win, just you leave it open for them to come over for the main event. Obviously they don't beat him, but that's the cherry on top of crowning Okada, then he could lose the title and become only ~mostly~ unbeatable after that.

I just feel like NJPW should keep raiding WWE any chance they get, even if they never get anyone better than Jericho it puts a dent back the other way after they lost both AJ and Nakamura and could lose Kenny if he ever decided that's what he wanted.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 6, 2018

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i still think the main event booking was dumb and this would've been perfect if jericho had attacked okada at NYD instead, but NYD was handled about as well as reasonably possible if you accept the Dome booking as a given.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Byolante posted:

Counter-point is that you now have your champ fighting someone from the same faction of the dude he just beat and who is now going to have a chip on his shoulder. Sanada isn't as pure as Naito and it opens the match up to having dirty tactics. Sanada will 100% not win but he could do serious damage to Okada which makes him look beatable again. Sometimes he needs to look weak so that its believable that someone can win against him.

You have crazy old man Jericho going around and trying to kick the rear end of every NJPW star that he thinks has a big ego. Kenny won but he was humbled in the post match interview. It's a good story for Naito who just had his big WK moment and knows he is hot poo poo. They played off each other great at New Years Dash.

If they are going to have Jay White be a big deal then Kenny is a good match. Kenny is rediculously over and can get White over, Kenny losing the US title will push the bullet club split story. It also helps Kenny's slow transition to a more pure baby face.

The trio titles are bad and badly booked and yeah, it was dumb. They need a gimmick, I'd love it if they are defended with tornado tag rules or lucha tag rules.

Taichi is good and he also needs to go home.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

jericho and naito makes more sense than jericho and okada. they're the two in both matchups that would be jealous of sharing the main event. and if you're booking naito's longer story, jericho makes perfect sense.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/949517027231895552

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/949517910351007744

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh my god, seriously? just sign jeff cobb, gedo.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

he might as well hide in japan since he ain't getting booked in the states

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Now I can maybe understand the idea that New Japan are being dumb.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

C. Everett Koop posted:

1: You can't have the top guys only face each other all the time. SANADA is good at wrestling and is a fresh challenger for Okada, hopefully they'll put on a good match and SANADA will look good in losing. Besides, it's not a rule that only the top guy in a faction can hold the main belt; Okada was #2 in CHAOS behind Nakamura when holding the world belt. Whether or not they would have had a CHAOS civil war between the two will never be known with Naka leaving but Okada was never the leader until Naka left.
2: Chris Jericho coming in is a Big Deal and if he wants to hang around and put people over and continue his mid-life crisis for a lot of money Gedo will let him do so. There'll be diminishing returns after a point but you can run Jericho vs the other three aces and draw some. Remember, much like Jinder was for India, Jericho is for us filthy Yanks and Brits.
3: Kenny's very over so they're gonna use him to try and get Jay White over, which is Wrestling 101.
4: Who loving knows about the trios belt, I think I held the trios belt at some point last year.

1: If you literally just ran Okada vs Evil and Okada vs Naito in the last few months then going to Okada vs Sanada seems dumb and pointless. I think if you want somebody new who has potential and is a threat but can be jobbed out to build to a bigger match having Okada go after ZSJ on the way to Suzuki would be interesting. Their (okada/suzuki) only match recently was a time limit draw so it has potential for a good build to a big show main event.
2: Jericho was a special event freakshow in that it generated interest and excitement because nobody saw it coming. He seems more like Brock in that there is no way he will be there for road shows and he has no support network to do multimans with to build. Are they going to get Callis to act in a heyman role to keep him over while he is MIA?
3: Kenny has a super hot angle coming with Ibushi and the BC civil war. Maybe Jay White will be an interesting rogue actor as a unaligned 3rd party interfering but when you have Kenny, Ibushi and the Bucks vs BC why would you want to water it down with some extra random party
4: Why even have the belts if their booking is essentially the shrug emoji then

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I was right, Gedo has lost the plot

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert seems more skeptical:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/949518834486169605
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/949519273935998976

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Realising how carefully worded the VOW tweet is.

Elgin could have floated a rumour himself or whatever.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Byolante posted:

4: Why even have the belts if their booking is essentially the shrug emoji then

anything that gives my dude Toru Yano (or anyone else) the opportunity to punch Taichi in the dick is a good thing deserving of encouragement imho :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Byolante posted:

2: Jericho was a special event freakshow in that it generated interest and excitement because nobody saw it coming. He seems more like Brock in that there is no way he will be there for road shows and he has no support network to do multimans with to build. Are they going to get Callis to act in a heyman role to keep him over while he is MIA?

He only needs to stay over until the end of the month. Like, he can do a couple interviews and a run in. He doesn't even need the run in. The WK match raised this above being a freak show, it was a legitimately excellent match. He'll be fine with the schedule he can work.