Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Does anyone have MoMA's "quote the poo poo out of this" post handy? I'm pretty sure that among other things, it said he expected multiple playable SQ42 levels by now, but he wouldn't answer me today when I asked him how much fun they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dusty Lens posted:

We are building a religion.
A limited edition.
We are now accepting callers for these pendant key chains.

to resist it is useless
it is useless to resist it
his company is smoking but it never seems to crash
he is grooming his whales, he is living comfort eagle
you can meet at his location but you better come with cash
now his head is on backwards
he can show you his snafus
he is in the movie business
he is calling you whoa did ehp did eh woh did

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i skipped a bunch of pages but that tour poo poo isnt to raise money so much as it is to make prominent whales feel like some kind of space illuminati and make em give out more money. its classic cult poo poo, like scientology.

more like the bilked-erburg group, am i right guys?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

to resist it is useless
it is useless to resist it
his company is smoking but it never seems to crash
he is grooming his whales, he is living comfort eagle
you can meet at his location but you better come with cash
now his head is on backwards
he can show you his snafus
he is in the movie business
he is calling you whoa did ehp did eh woh did

:golfclap:

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i skipped a bunch of pages but that tour poo poo isnt to raise money so much as it is to make prominent whales feel like some kind of space illuminati and make em give out more money. its classic cult poo poo, like scientology.

more like the bilked-erburg group, am i right guys?

I think it's to make a commercial. My lizard brain also thinks they're going to try to seed some kind of currency or otherwise introduce some kind of leverage system that benefits from an initial introduction to people with money and a strong personal incentive to see Star Citizen grow who will work to advocate for the project.

People who are more brain good than I am think that there's a chance that they'll be press ganged into buying some kind of legally dubious shares.

Still others have noticed that the snack fund for certain MIA employees hasn't been fulfilled recently and think we're looking at a Sweeney Todd type scenario.

Blood rituals have also been kicked around.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 6, 2018

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

boviscopophobic posted:

Legal docs (not doxx), grab them while they're hot. Includes CIG's response, a motion to dismiss, and a copy of the GLA.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mPjfXrjAf9RUq3_5cJgd-hF-I5XoCQta

Comedy addendum: they really did invoke the "wrong company" defense.

itshappening.gif

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

boviscopophobic posted:

Legal docs (not doxx), grab them while they're hot. Includes CIG's response, a motion to dismiss, and a copy of the GLA.

I guess Derek isn't sleeping tonight

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

boviscopophobic posted:

Time to do some light reading before crashing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsW72KIOd8U

quote:

Furthermore, Crytek’s claim that CIG is in breach of the GLA by planning to
release Squadron 42 as a standalone game fails for the simple reason that CIG is no
longer using the Engine in Squadron 42.

Well.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 6, 2018

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

okay seriously

you true believer citizens reading this thread

I was an investor, like I could have made money off of Star Citizen, if it didn't turn into what it is now

owning a share in CIG is just throwing money away

part of my deal was not having a say in the creative development of the game

do you really think with one or even ten measly shares in CIG will entitle you to some kind of expression of your dreams

if CIG offers you a share, get a refund

DO NOT BUY A SHARE WITHOUT SEEING THE FINANCIALS FIRST

this is investment 101 fuckers

Listen to this man, believer lurkers and former denizens of /DS. The age of easy growth is long since past. You yourselves have seen it, heard it as conversations about Star Citizen with friends now prompt jeers and grumbles when once they were excitedly joined.

Chris Roberts has set his desperate sights on your wallets, your savings, your credit, your assets — anything and everything you own that he might convince you to part with, divest of or liquidate in exchange for yet more subsidy, yet more runway, yet more continuity with the bankrupt status quo he delights in and believes himself entitled to.

Have you not already given him enough, really? And what has he really given you in exchange besides pennies worth of pleasure and an IOU for a king’s ransom worth of it?

He has taken too much, and owes you more than he can ever repay. So great are his debts that he can no longer even make the interest payments and indeed, he is losing the interest he once so easily captivated. It is not your duty to bridge his shortfalls with either your faith or funds, this miscreant who now seeks even more money for the privilege of his company in courting yet even more from those of you already far too overinvested in his delusions.

Ask not what you can do for your Chairman; ask what your Chairman must do for you.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 6, 2018

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

DapperDon posted:

Now I am convinced 100% that you are not in the legal profession nor are you a part of CIG in any way. In fact, I am really leaning on the possibility that you are in fact a shared account from those brainwashed fellows over at Relay. Because your post here reeks of Erris's defense bulletpoints. Stick to talking about kickstarter belts and booze because as of now you lost all the little bit of cred your little gimmick here was giving you.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Go gently caress yourself. You get spoonfed details by some people on here to make it seem like you know poo poo then everyone gets to sit and giggle in the corner while you flail about like you think you know what you're talking about 1/4 of the time (and you're too stupid to realize it you dumbfuck).

Toastmannnnn Remix Time!

* Lyrics so you can sing along (they're also in the mp3)
* Now I have to think of a hilarious lawsuit song.
* Genuine shredding Epiphone SG Junior
* No parps were offering motions to dismiss in this recording.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

They are arguing that exclusive in the gla means they had an exclusive agreement not to exclusively use the cryengine :agesilaus:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
can I get a "Hall of the Mountain King" progress report? tia.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Space Citizen

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

can I get a "Hall of the Mountain King" progress report? tia.

We're holding steady at present. The notes are still playing out.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

quote:

The Complaint Fails to State a Claim For Copyright Infringement Because The GLA Expressly Authorized Defendants’ Prior Use Of The Engine In
Squadron 42 And Defendants Are Not Now Using The Engine In Squadron 42.

What

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Lol who loving proofread this? Did it even get proofread?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Not even a response to the claims of showing CryEngine code on Bugsmashers or allowing access to the face tracking crew to CryEngine code.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

Not even a response to the claims of showing CryEngine code on Bugsmashers or allowing access to the face tracking crew to CryEngine code.

Man it’s also clear in the gla they require written approval for subcontractor approval by crytek.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

CrazyTolradi posted:

they gave the proofreading job to one of CIG's paralegals but he was too busy gluing his keyboard back together after reading a Derek Smart post he didn't like.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CrazyTolradi posted:

I mean the answer to both is "We were using Lumberyard, not Cryengine by that point" so it's kind of covered

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I mean the answer to both is "We were using Lumberyard, not Cryengine by that point" so it's kind of covered

IIRC some of the BugSmashers were showing code before the LY "switchover" so that'd still stand.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CrazyTolradi posted:

IIRC some of the BugSmashers were showing code before the LY "switchover" so that'd still stand.

BUGSMASHERS! Episode 01 - YouTube
May 6, 2015 - Uploaded by Star Citizen

lmao :rip:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rubbed.

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Wow! A Last Supper joke from Clifford aka Miku, the guy likeliest to be the Last Sucker.
:thumbsup:

skaboomizzy posted:

Does anyone have MoMA's "quote the poo poo out of this" post handy? I'm pretty sure that among other things, it said he expected multiple playable SQ42 levels by now, but he wouldn't answer me today when I asked him how much fun they were.
I posted called it literally two pages ago.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

BUGSMASHERS! Episode 01 - YouTube
May 6, 2015 - Uploaded by Star Citizen

lmao :rip:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a full year and a half of them still using CryEngine before they announced the LumberYard switch.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I was wondering why the hell I thought that and realized I conflated the "why we haven't released 3.0 yet" Burndown stuff with Bugsmashers. Yeah they might uh

might want to think about responding to that

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

CrazyTolradi posted:

If no Lis Alibi Pendens, Vive Vas Deferens?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

quote:

On December 23, 2016, Defendants announced that they were using the Amazon Lumberyard video game engine for Star Citizen.

This is a blatant misrepresentation of CIG’s announcement. In fact, CIG announced in the 2016 Press Release that it had switched to Amazon Lumberyard for both Star Citizen and Squadron 42. Thus, Crytek’s claim that CIG is breaching the GLA by using the Engine in Squadron 42 is flatly contradicted by the 2016 Press Release, which makes crystal clear that CIG is using Lumberyard, not the Engine, in Squadron 42.

:catdrugs:

I should wait for a legal goon to tell me what the poo poo is going on here.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

On December 23, 2016, Defendants announced that they were using the Amazon Lumberyard video game engine for Star Citizen.

This is a blatant misrepresentation of CIG’s announcement. In fact, CIG announced in the 2016 Press Release that it had switched to Amazon Lumberyard for both Star Citizen and Squadron 42. Thus, Crytek’s claim that CIG is breaching the GLA by using the Engine in Squadron 42 is flatly contradicted by the 2016 Press Release, which makes crystal clear that CIG is using Lumberyard, not the Engine, in Squadron 42.

thunker when drunker

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
So they just pasted comments from r/SC and filed it to the court?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Arms_Akimbo posted:

P much.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I am so confused right now. Are they trying to ninth-dimensional-chess their legal defense? :psyduck:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I tried reading but none of it really makes sense. Much like everything else they do.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
CIG is saying they thought 'exclusive' meant that Crytek was giving them an exclusive right to use CryEngine for SC. As in no one else would be allowed to use CryEngine. :psyduck:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

As I know some people were curious about termination conditions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

As I know some people were curious about termination conditions.

There is no loving way that even if they did do a termination they complied with all those termination terms

Lol

Space court is gonna be awesome.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Arms_Akimbo posted:

crowdfunded legal defense, CIG does what other companies are too scared to do

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
So that response is pretty much CIG legally shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly, yes?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I'm not sure if anyone has noted how fitting it is that Crobber is going to be exiled from the gaming industry in the same way he was exiled from Hollywood.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Ortlose

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

CrazyTolradi posted:

I'm not sure if anyone has noted how fitting it is that Crobber is going to be exiled from the gaming industry in the same way he was exiled from Hollywood.

He can go for the trifecta afterwards and get sued by car rental agencies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
How does this sort of thing handle code explicitly built upon proprietary code? For instance, CIG's whole 64-bit precision and their local physics grids are obviously built on top of and interact directly with CryEngine object code. So who owns that new code in the event CIG need to get rid of any Crytek code? Is it CIG's because they wrote it, or is it Crytek's because it wouldn't have been writeable in the first place without their code?

Basically, does CIG own the house if Crytek own the land the house is built on?