Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Jovial Cow posted:

Apparently this is what happened to Stamkos but Kreider is having a portion of the rib removed where as Stamkos had the whole rib removed?

Both of these things sound very bad and dangerous regardless, even though apparently they’re helping.

I heard from a guy that Marilyn Manson had the same procedure done as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

The Dirty Burger posted:

I heard from a guy that Marilyn Manson had the same procedure done as well

That's a different type of "tip-in" than Kreider is known for.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
coaches yelling and cursing at their team isn't anything new really, but poo poo like tossing sticks and melting down is probably counter productive

also lol at them letting people record their practices jesus

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zodijackylite posted:

That's a different type of "tip-in" than Kreider is known for.

:eyepop:

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

Levitate posted:

coaches yelling and cursing at their team isn't anything new really, but poo poo like tossing sticks and melting down is probably counter productive

Do most teams not have open practices? Caps practice at a public rink so short of closing half of it, it'd be kind of hard to keep people from recording it they wanted.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I think most teams have reporters at their practices, even if not the public. And it's pretty much a reporters job to record things that happen.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Fuckin' fire Bergevin

Yeah, it's completely unrelated but still needed to be said.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gulutzan never struck me as having that kind of fire when he was running the Stars.

On the one hand, what a surprise. On the other, he's probably still not that great a coach.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Fuckin' fire Bergevin

Yeah, it's completely unrelated but still needed to be said.

someone told him that bergevin was still GM and he reacted accordingly

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

z0331 posted:

Do most teams not have open practices? Caps practice at a public rink so short of closing half of it, it'd be kind of hard to keep people from recording it they wanted.

The Rangers don't have open practices so I guess that's what I'm used to hearing.

Duck Rodgers posted:

I think most teams have reporters at their practices, even if not the public. And it's pretty much a reporters job to record things that happen.

Report yes but video tape isn't usually something I've seen though again, this is kind of colored by the Rangers being pretty closed off to that kind of stuff

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Levitate posted:

Report yes but video tape isn't usually something I've seen though again, this is kind of colored by the Rangers being pretty closed off to that kind of stuff

I'm sure if AV started throwing out fucks and sending sticks into the seat, a reporter would whip out their phone and start recording.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

cannot understate how happy I am he is not behind the nucks bench any longer

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Duck Rodgers posted:

I'm sure if AV started throwing out fucks and sending sticks into the seat, a reporter would whip out their phone and start recording.

and then get their press pass revoked

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Levitate posted:

Sharks practices are free and open to the public and there is no "no video" policy as far as I'm aware.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

One of my coworkers went to high school with him so I showed her that and :stonk: was basically the face she made.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
chris kreider is having a rib removed so he can suck his own dick

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My main curiosity is how sincere the coach is. Like, is he honestly that angry, or is he hamming it up to prove to us he's DOING SOMETHING!!

I mean no one seriously throws a stick into the stands in anger, do they? You bang that poo poo on the boards or smash it over the net.

Also I wonder how many players are rolling their eyes as they watch it unfold.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Chad Sexington posted:

Temper tantrums are very effective at motivating adult men.

This is what gets me about baseball as well. If you need a 40+ year old man to act like a 3 year old to get 20+ year olds to do poo poo, I think you're already hosed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think he's been watching a little too much Letterkenny.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I have never heard of a hockey team not at least having reporters at practice, if not the general public, unless it was the playoffs

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Fire Gulutzan

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Give Gulutzan a lifetime contract.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

grack posted:

Give Gulutzan a lifetime contract.

....with Atsana Barys

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

the pens appear to be.......

Back

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

yellowcar posted:

someone told him that bergevin was still GM and he reacted accordingly

Wouldn't that be a good thing for the flames? :confused:

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Please fire Hakstol before he ruins Carter Hart

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

sedative posted:

Please fire Hakstol before he ruins Carter Hart

Look at that stache, its already too late.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Back

I see you're falling into the "turned the corner" trap!

Next game... Lose 5-1

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Simon-Crosby-Sprong owns and I hope Sully sticks with it for a few games.

I went to the game tonight. Was p good. The last two Pens games I've gone to have been 4-0 Pens and 6-0 Pens (game 5 last year). I should go to more games methinks.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Back

I've been burned too many times to believe that they're gonna turn it around off of one good game. I won't think they're back until they get that "x" next to their name.

Ergo Propter Hog fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 6, 2018

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I hope Mete goes back to Junior so he can play in the Olympics (and not put up with this garbage team for the rest of the year)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I got Edmonton for #1...

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm going to Nashville to see the Oilers play (and eat BBQ). Lets hope they don't completely suck in person for my one game this year!!!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm going to Nashville to see the Oilers play (and eat BBQ). Lets hope they don't completely suck in person for my one game this year!!!

Nice. Nashville is a great place to see a game. There's plenty of night life right around the arena too if you're into that.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Nashville is a great place to visit.

My unsolicited recommendations outside of hockey:
-Grimeys Music
-Third Man Records
-Yazoo Beer
-The Frist Art Center
-Parnassus Books

I revisited Nashville last year after moving away 6 years ago, and the joke I have is “enjoy the scenery of cranes on top of buildings!”

Ginette Reno posted:

Nice. Nashville is a great place to see a game. There's plenty of night life right around the arena too if you're into that.

My one gripe with Nashville tends to be that the downtown area kind of sucks. As in honkytonks suck. So the only bars i would consider going to after a game is Broadway Brewhouse, or if you’re willing to walk Flying Saucer or something on Demonbreun.

Edit: one place I forgot on downtown, if you go down to 2nd, hook left, and go down about 2 blocks, there is the Beer Cellar. That’s a solid dive ish place for downtown.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 6, 2018

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm getting there in the afternoon tomorrow and then for 4 days. All recos about everything that rules there is welcomed.

I will be going to the Frist to see Nick Cave's Soundsuits, but otherwise don't have much for plans other than eat and drink and music.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

I'm getting there in the afternoon tomorrow and then for 4 days. All recos about everything that rules there is welcomed.

I will be going to the Frist to see Nick Cave's Soundsuits, but otherwise don't have much for plans other than eat and drink and music.

Super jealous. Areas your should check out (random order):

21st ave
-pancake pantry
-the Belcourt
-Fidos
-RIP Bookman Bookwoman (its gone)

12th south
-Mafiosas
-12th south ta

Demonbreun:
-two bits
-tin roof
-whiskey kitchen (close enough)

5 points (east nashville)
-battered and fried
-3 crow bar
-5 spot
-the Nashville biscuit house

Other notables :
-centennial park
-cheekwood estate
-Gaylord hotel and opry mills mall
-music row
-green hills (gently caress the Blue Bird cafe though)

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Duckman2008 posted:

Nashville is a great place to visit.

My unsolicited recommendations outside of hockey:
-Grimeys Music
-Third Man Records
-Yazoo Beer
-The Frist Art Center
-Parnassus Books

Go to Ernest Tubb Record Shop and ask for Rick.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

All aboard the Vegas bandwagon

woop woop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Back

when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get

SPRONG

• Locked thread