Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/949523636204945408

okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The only reason Jay White rejecting bullet club and attacking Kenny would make sense is if he was an outsider heel doing his own thing. Joining chaos seems dumb as poo poo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he's talking now. I missed the first part as the live feed wasn't working for whatever reason before I reloaded it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he's officially challenging Kenny for the US. Wouldn't shock me if the CHAOS affiliation doesn't last long

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Byolante posted:

2: Jericho was a special event freakshow in that it generated interest and excitement because nobody saw it coming. He seems more like Brock in that there is no way he will be there for road shows and he has no support network to do multimans with to build. Are they going to get Callis to act in a heyman role to keep him over while he is MIA?

There's no weekly TV so who gives a poo poo? Jericho did more in one press conference than months of promos or house show multimans ever would. He's smart enough to know that he needs to keep his appearances special.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Byolante posted:

1: If you literally just ran Okada vs Evil and Okada vs Naito in the last few months then going to Okada vs Sanada seems dumb and pointless. I think if you want somebody new who has potential and is a threat but can be jobbed out to build to a bigger match having Okada go after ZSJ on the way to Suzuki would be interesting. Their (okada/suzuki) only match recently was a time limit draw so it has potential for a good build to a big show main event.
2: Jericho was a special event freakshow in that it generated interest and excitement because nobody saw it coming. He seems more like Brock in that there is no way he will be there for road shows and he has no support network to do multimans with to build. Are they going to get Callis to act in a heyman role to keep him over while he is MIA?
3: Kenny has a super hot angle coming with Ibushi and the BC civil war. Maybe Jay White will be an interesting rogue actor as a unaligned 3rd party interfering but when you have Kenny, Ibushi and the Bucks vs BC why would you want to water it down with some extra random party
4: Why even have the belts if their booking is essentially the shrug emoji then

1: Okada beat MiSu at this time last year when Suzukigun made their big return. SANADA's one of the few people who haven't challenged Okada for the belt yet; if we're going to have Okada keep making defenses we'll need to get into rematch territory at some point, especially since he's already beaten Naito and Kenny. But we're not at this point and since New Beginning isn't a super big show it's a good chance to see what SANADA can do in a main event spot, given all the potential he has.
2: Jericho's not going to be there all the time and he doesn't need to be; New Japan doesn't have hours upon hours of TV time to fill each week necessitating promo after promo after promo. Jericho was only in Japan once to build the Kenny match, assuming Jericho/Naito's going to come in March/April then he can shoot videos to build to such an affair; if it's going to come later then he'll have to make another appearance to set off another brawl but we'll cross that road when we get there.
3: They're not ready to pull the trigger on either angle yet, and since it's just New Beginning we're still in the setup phase. Let Kenny and White work for a while, with White potentially relieving Kenny of the US belt, and we'll build for either Sega Genesis or Wrestling Dontaku. It wouldn't surprise me if Kenny/Kota doesn't happen until Dominion so who knows.
4: The two things Japan loving loves are factions and belts. We don't need the junior tags, the NEVER belt, nor the six-man belts tbh. It still doesn't hold a candle to CMLL's title situation though.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 6, 2018

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Just imagine caring about the never trios belts

I know new fans getting into it etc but the trios belts do not matter in any way

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I would have Sanada go after Goto and the NEVER belt. He has the bearing of a strong style hardman.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sleep with the vicious posted:

Just imagine caring about the never trios belts

I know new fans getting into it etc but the trios belts do not matter in any way

and every large enough company has at least one trash singles title they can pass to anyone because who cares. njpw has the NEVER openweight title and the wwe has the wwe world championship.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Jay White said he's gonna turn on Okada and Chaos whenever he gets a chance and take the IWGP title. Okada is dumb as gently caress.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Jay White said he's gonna turn on Okada and Chaos whenever he gets a chance and take the IWGP title. Okada is dumb as gently caress.

Kenny Omega on New Year's Dash basically said "Our stable is plagued by infighting, let's add the rear end in a top hat loner to establish unity!" Jay White must exude some sort of aura that turns the stable leaders into complete morons.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Thauros posted:

Kenny Omega on New Year's Dash basically said "Our stable is plagued by infighting, let's add the rear end in a top hat loner to establish unity!" Jay White must exude some sort of aura that turns the stable leaders into complete morons.
Pretty much this. Taguchi Japan would at least have the excuse of an open door policy if you want Jay in a group for multi-man tag matches.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

frankenfreak posted:

Pretty much this. Taguchi Japan would at least have the excuse of an open door policy if you want Jay in a group for multi-man tag matches.
It's still funny to me that KUSHIDA and Tanahashi are part of that stable for god knows why and are the only two ever in any title picture, ever.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I hope we get a Never 8 man title so we can have belts tossed around even more on house show/undercard multi man tags!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

It's still funny to me that KUSHIDA and Tanahashi are part of that stable for god knows why and are the only two ever in any title picture, ever.

how quickly we forget Super 69

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I hope we get a Never 8 man title so we can have belts tossed around even more on house show/undercard multi man tags!

Just make the never tag title a tornado tag belt where your team is anybody you can convince to show up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Byolante posted:

Just make the never tag title a tornado tag belt where your team is anybody you can convince to show up.

This is how New Jack winds up with a belt do you want that on your soul?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They should go full DDT and make the trios title 24/7 rules with anyone and anything winning.

Oh, Beretta went to sleep with a blanket draped over him? Congrats, Beretta's Blanket is the new trios champion.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

C. Everett Koop posted:

This is how New Jack winds up with a belt do you want that on your soul?

Do you not want to see Taichi vs New Jack?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Benne posted:

They should go full DDT and make the trios title 24/7 rules with anyone and anything winning.

Oh, Beretta went to sleep with a blanket draped over him? Congrats, Beretta's Blanket is the new trios champion.

That’s one step removed from a Yano DVD where Yoshi Hashi tries to pin Nakamura in his sleep, and Nakamura still kicks out at two.

*to the Rev Pro chant* I want that DVD, I want that DVD.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just assume Japan put a travel ban on New Jack out of general principle

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't even think he can get a US passport to travel can he?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Your Boy Fancy posted:

That’s one step removed from a Yano DVD where Yoshi Hashi tries to pin Nakamura in his sleep, and Nakamura still kicks out at two.

*to the Rev Pro chant* I want that DVD, I want that DVD.

IT was originally a downtown skit with Liger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gS2nSn42Ag

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RealFoxy posted:

Funky Future had the straps before Roppongi 3K returned and I wouldn't doubt Super 69 getting a crack after R3K disposed of the Bucks. Not to mention the times Taguchi Japan held the trios belts. And Juice continually gaining title shots by losing title shots for lower value belts. Also, War Machine just held the tag belts for a good chunk of the year and they are affiliates.

Please respect Taguchi Japan, the best coached faction in New Japan.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I don't even think he can get a US passport to travel can he?

this is the downside of coming to the us you know. that and not knowing where new jack is at all times.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I can't get over how goofy Jay looks putting the necklace over the title.

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/949553918949797888

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

That suit makes Jay look even more like Ted Cruz, which is deeply unfortunate imo

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

So it's a Zodiac Killer gimmick is what you're saying

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

The Cameo posted:

...well it is now, in my heart

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

SatansOnion posted:

That suit makes Jay look even more like Ted Cruz, which is deeply unfortunate imo

yikes, haha yeah.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Cameo posted:

:thunk:

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

The Cameo posted:

Real talk... I always kind of saw Jay's gimmick that way. Less edgy tryhard, more that-guy-in-your-dorm-who-makes-you-uncomfortable-when-you-realize-he's-been-staring-at-you-without-blinking-for-an-hour.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

C. Everett Koop posted:

2: Chris Jericho coming in is a Big Deal and if he wants to hang around and put people over and continue his mid-life crisis for a lot of money Gedo will let him do so. There'll be diminishing returns after a point but you can run Jericho vs the other three aces and draw some. Remember, much like Jinder was for India, Jericho is for us filthy Yanks and Brits.

Not just about drawing some. He's the most talked about wrestler in the world right now and I'm loving this renaissance. The performance in this Kenny feud is like a giant gently caress you to us smarks who doubted him and thought he was some washed up midcarder and I love it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
When he's in his Switchblade outfit Jay White looks like John Cusack cosplaying Trent Reznor.

And that is really why I can't take him seriously.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MrBling posted:

When he's in his Switchblade outfit Jay White looks like John Cusack cosplaying Trent Reznor.

And that is really why I can't take him seriously.

Holy gently caress. I was thinking the same drat thing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Better than The Ultimate Challenge? Surely you jest!

But seriously, I'd love to hear your (and any other total noobs) first impressions, who your standouts and faves ended up being, so on

My favourites were Will Ospreay and Roppongi 3k cause I love my some flippy-dos, all those other guys in the 4-way cause that match blew my mind, Suzuki for his stiff dropkick and badass acceptance of getting his head shaved, Jericho cause he's my all-time favourite, Omega cause he put his body through hell and Okada cause this is my 3rd/4th Okada match and he always delivers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

Maybe Okada's thinking is,"Well maybe he'll betray me but I've literally ascended to Godhood so what the gently caress can he do?"

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I love how stables never seem to die in New Japan, they just gradually get over as faces and eventually become loose confederations of wrestlers who tag together frequently and occasionally have to cover each other's asses when the actual heel stable starts a brawl or something. Chaos, LIJ, Bullet Club, all were dastardly heel groups as some point in the past. Only Suzuki Gun remains pure.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 6, 2018

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Can we stop dunking on the NEVER belt?? It's the perfect midcard belt keeping big hard lads occupied and putting on consistently good matches.

Trios belt however... eh. Nice to see Yano happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Switchblade and Toru Yano for the World Tag League