Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Haifisch posted:

News-paper Spider-man

Slammy posted:

They'll Do it Every Time

Slammy posted:

And He Did

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Julet Esqu posted:

Masters of the Universe

R Ubbish fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Glorious, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at the comics in ages.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Not that there was anything wrong with the others, but I went back and re-read these ones in particular and laughed aloud a second time.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2004 Spiderman

The Amazing Hospital Guy

Magnificatz

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Decades later: What's with millennials and the constant texting, amirite?

:5:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

TofuDiva posted:

Beautiful. I read somewhere that Alex Kotzky modeled Tommie on Lucille Ball. It really shows in this view.
I never heard that, but it makes perfect sense, and yeah, you can see it there.

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

It's good to have things happening in JP again. It really slowed down after Ces started his run with that car accident and seemed to be treading water to me.
I love playing spot the edits. The ones I saw here were subtle enough I thought one was just a mistake until I saw the other.
I loved the Nancy one too (and the rest), but HR-Man is the one I think it most inspired.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Helen Hunt? Probably not.

Apartment 3-G

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 6, 2018

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Shoutouts to the word "emoticon"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

ACAB

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 6, 2018

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kavak posted:

Or just shoving it onto the floor to shatter it.

Those are Tupperware, my mom had ones just like them for flour and sugar. The deviousness of these cookie jars knows no bounds.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

gently caress your carpet, Dad!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope this is the start of the "Luann moves out and fucks her life up" arc.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Julet Esqu posted:

gently caress your carpet, Dad!

tbf its probably ten years past its life anyway

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Haifisch posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn is a charming strip about a girl and her unicorn. Lighthearted and funny, without getting as sickly sweet as strips like Rose is Rose or Gilchrist Nancy. I'm posting it and the next strip while the person who normally does is out of the country.

Wallace the Brave is a fantastic strip. Consistently funny, parent/child dynamics that don't feel overly sappy or seething with resentment, good art, it's got it all. It's also posted on a somewhat irregular schedule. Here's the latest strip:

I, the person who normally does it, am now officially back in the country! I will post my comics and intros later. Thanks so much for making sure the thread kept getting Phoebe and Wallace.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Previously on Skippy: He got rescued by Will Rogers or somebody awfully similar. (November 10, 1930)

Peanuts (January 9, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Cobra Carson: Two-Fisted Sheepherder

Out Our Way (February 11-12, 1931)

Thimble Theater, in which the war hits a dramatic stumbling block. (July 30, 1931)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

What the hell is happing in Skippy? I’m shocked that he actually got shanghaied off to middle America.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (February 11-12, 1931)

This is such a great comic.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

thats why you go to youtube sal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGKRF5r-EM

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
I wonder if Batuik sometimes stops in the middle of writing to wonder where that whistling sound between his ears is coming from?

EDIT: Comic’s pretty funny when you realize people in AA only make speeches like that when they’re shitfaced.

Simian_Prime fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 6, 2018

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I just painted my bathroom so I can totally imagine how horrible those smeary roller swirls must look.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I tried to do this earlier when I posted the strip but had technical difficulties.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Johnny Walker posted:

I tried to do this earlier when I posted the strip but had technical difficulties.

I love it!

“HA HA!! As a fellow hu-mon I also share your merriment!”

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bonus Bloom County

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Bkub should take over Nancy. Speaking of, the Poptepic anime is out there right now, if you can find it.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I really need to start following the Comics Curmudgeon again, but I stopped a few years ago and don't remember where I left off, and it's less fun to read this stuff in backward order.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What does it take to have R Ubbish do Nancy

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Green Intern posted:

Christ this comic is so aggressively awful.

Art-wise, Pibgorn is hands-down the ugliest comic posted here. Even Reply All is less hideous.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

19-year-old Luann is currently doing something that maybe a 10-year-old might do, with approximately the same attitude

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloom County still working for you guys? I don't mind posting it, and I think it's cool.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

randaconda post the breathed

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Randaconda posted:

Bloom County still working for you guys? I don't mind posting it, and I think it's cool.
:justpost:

Bad comics get a lot more chat than good comics because there's more to talk about than 'that's a good comic alright'. Doesn't mean nobody's reading the good comics.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

kidcoelacanth posted:

19-year-old Luann is currently doing something that maybe a 10-year-old might do, with approximately the same attitude

I was thinking toddler. Ten's old enough to know how much trouble they'd be in for doing it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Randaconda posted:

It's good, but don't go nuts. Once a day.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

:justpost:

Bad comics get a lot more chat than good comics because there's more to talk about than 'that's a good comic alright'. Doesn't mean nobody's reading the good comics.

It's gonna get so much better, too, this is Berke just starting out. Almost all the well known characters have been introduced, though, except for Bill the Cat.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Mister Beeg posted:

Bud Grace announced on his website that he's retiring "Piranha Club". Last strip will run on February 3.

I'll actually miss it. I was an avid reader of the strip as a kid.

Oh no! Where will we get our fix of racist stereotypes, the son-in-law tossing contest, and the cutting-edge comedy of bratty kids putting chicken fat on doorknobs?

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Trust me, Randaconda, I'm really enjoying Bloom County; so many of these I've forgotten about.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pop team epic is now a real anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEmLaaLbIBE

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geomancing posted:

Trust me, Randaconda, I'm really enjoying Bloom County; so many of these I've forgotten about.

:buddy:

The ebook sets are pretty nice, and not that expensive.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product-category/berkeley-breathed/berkeley-breatheds-bloom-county/

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Randaconda posted:

It's gonna get so much better, too, this is Berke just starting out. Almost all the well known characters have been introduced, though, except for Bill the Cat.
I would say the penguin isn't quite Opus yet. I think the commentary hints that he wasn't meant to be permanent.

It's pretty neat seeing it from the beginning, and with the little notes every once in a while, although sometimes they make me feel old because he explains stuff and I suddenly realize person younger than me won't know that reference.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Walker posted:

I would say the penguin isn't quite Opus yet. I think the commentary hints that he wasn't meant to be permanent.

It's pretty neat seeing it from the beginning, and with the little notes every once in a while, although sometimes they make me feel old because he explains stuff and I suddenly realize person younger than me won't know that reference.

Same. Also, I read pretty much all the earlier collections, and I'm surprised by how much they cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

The Poptepipic anime is pretty much what you'd expect.

Pop Team Epic

Squirrel Nuts