Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like Scientology only takes you so far as Danny Masterson has been dropped by his agent.

Is this the same agent that covered for him by saying it couldn't have been rape?

(Or am I thinking of a different agent and star? :smith:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We have a local tattoo artist making waves from being outed as a serial sexual assaulter. This poo poo is literally everywhere in every industry.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Speaking of, is there a good behind the scenes book on TNG? Every story I hear about it is the craziest poo poo.

It's hosted by William Shatner but you may also get a kick out of the documentary Chaos on the Bridge, should still be on Netflix. It's very specifically about all of the writers/producers/creative folks butting heads during the first two-three seasons of Next Generation.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

So the Stewart segment on Extras was 100% him being himself then.

I thought that was the whole point of Extras, that each episode's guest star's behavior is closer to the actor's personality irl than what people would normally think about them from their work.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/ap/status/949362705495920643

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

S C I E N T O L O G Y

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Didn't he famously leave Scientology?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Didn't he famously leave Scientology?

Yeah, he was one of the big break aways and was interviewed in Going Clear.

Looks like some Bryan Singer stuff might be gaining traction as he has (voluntarily?) had his EP credit removed from the TV show Legion. Fox is looking into removing his EP credit from the other X-Men show, The Gifted, but apparently that will be more difficult to swing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd like to see someone remove his head from his shoulders with a baseball bat.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Holy hell, reddit is full of apologists. Lots of people defending Louis CK who think there's nothing wrong with just asking a coworker if you can whip your dick out.

Someone actually argued that bosses should be allowed to make passes at employees because the victim always report the incident to HR if they say no and receive retaliation.

It seems like a lot of people don't understand that putting someone in that position is hosed up to begin with.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 6, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

And now, a one act play featuring David Krumholz and Stephen Hanks (no relation, i assume)

https://twitter.com/mrDaveKrumholtz/status/949382267738185728

https://twitter.com/mrDaveKrumholtz/status/949416111388405761

https://twitter.com/mrDaveKrumholtz/status/949428352934227968

https://twitter.com/mrDaveKrumholtz/status/949429590648283136

https://twitter.com/mrDaveKrumholtz/status/949440554827304960

https://twitter.com/mrDaveKrumholtz/status/949441902528512001

https://twitter.com/mrDaveKrumholtz/status/949443092087648257

The moral of this story: Never ever ever engage with Twitter randos, because you will almost certainly put your foot in your mouth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well they both look like idiots.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Crash and burn.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Well they both look like idiots.

i mean, the guy has a point. Wonder Wheel was made in the last 18 months, even if you didn't follow the story back when it was actually happening, Dylan Farrow first wrote an op-ed about what happened to her almost 4 years ago, which is about how long it's been public knowledge. It's the same thing I've been saying for years: did you genuinely not know about it (which would be shockingly ignorant for someone in the industry) or did you just not care until now?

The guy who plays Arthur in the new Tick movie came out and told the story of his scene in the next Woody Allen movie to come out and explained his thought process and his guilt during filming and why he said yes even though he knew about these allegations and in telling that story, he painted an emotional picture of why someone would come out and say "i regret working with him and feel guilty about it". Ellen Page worked with him before Dylan's allegations were brought up again in the public sphere, and when she spoke out against Allen, she also explained how she came to have a part in his movie and how long it took her to realize her mistake. Krumholz is saying the right things now, but I wanna know *why*. Just coming out and saying "I deeply regret working with Woody Allen on Wonder Wheel" without explaining why he ended up there in the first place is a little questionable. What takes it from "it's good that you said this but how did you not feel this way when you were offered the part?" to "oh gently caress this guy" is using the "we don't know what *really* happened" bullshit that Kate Winslet and others have used to brush aside the allegations. Like, we don't *know* what happened but I believe Dylan Farrow when she says what happened to her, and the only reason anyone would say "well we don't know what happened" would be to question that story or justify working with Allen in the first place.

edit: for reference:

Ellen Page posted:

I did a Woody Allen movie and it is the biggest regret of my career. I am ashamed I did this. I had yet to find my voice and was not who I am now and felt pressured, because “of course you have to say yes to this Woody Allen film.” Ultimately, however, it is my choice what films I decide to do and I made the wrong choice. I made an awful mistake.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 6, 2018

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Take a role in a Woody Allen movie and then apologize for it on Twitter. It’s so simple

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Christopher Plummer nominated after replacing Kevin Spacey in 'All the Money in the World'

Title has been updated. Originally it said "for replacing Kevin Spacey" as it continues to say if you post the link into facebook

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Ben Vereen harassing women during a production of Hair

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/broadway-big-ben-vereen-accused-sexual-assault-hair-article-1.3738684

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I was confused for a second, it should read "Ben Vereen was harassing women during the 1967 production of Hair for which he got his 1968 Tony and also during his 2015 Hair revival". He probably got more post-68 harassment stories with his 50+ year long career.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 6, 2018

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I think Krumholtz comes off way worse in that exchange to be honest. In the year 2017 I don't think you can get to play the 'I didn't know about Woody Allen' card. You can easily just say listen, we don't know enough about the Allen issue to make anything more than a moral judgement. If you're comfortable working with him then fine, go for it, but I don't think you get to do it and then regret it later in the way that Krumholtz did. At least Griffin Newman said listen I was fully aware of it and I did it anyway and I think that was a mistake.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kinda shocked that the guy who wrote a movie where the bad cop sexually assaults a black woman, but it's okay because his dad's sick would ever be accused of such things.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Besides Crash, this guy also wrote Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Krumholtz comes off poorly and it has nothing to do with him doing the movie or saying he regrets it after the fact. The Page and Newman apologies are fine because they take responsibility for their choices and accept the criticism people would inherently have of them. Krumholtz lashes out in the worst way when he gets those obvious criticisms. He clearly wanted to be able to say "sorry" and be done with it.

Like, "I was selfish and/or a coward when I took that role. I should have taken a personal stand for what's right and put that above my own personal or professional ambitions. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry that it took this movement and increased scrutiny on the problem to get me to this place. I can only hope I can prove I'm sincere. Here's a donation to RAINN to start."

That isn't that hard and wouldn't have made Krumholtz look like a screaming rear end in a top hat.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Woody didn't do it.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Krumholtz comes off poorly and it has nothing to do with him doing the movie or saying he regrets it after the fact. The Page and Newman apologies are fine because they take responsibility for their choices and accept the criticism people would inherently have of them. Krumholtz lashes out in the worst way when he gets those obvious criticisms. He clearly wanted to be able to say "sorry" and be done with it.

Like, "I was selfish and/or a coward when I took that role. I should have taken a personal stand for what's right and put that above my own personal or professional ambitions. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry that it took this movement and increased scrutiny on the problem to get me to this place. I can only hope I can prove I'm sincere. Here's a donation to RAINN to start."

That isn't that hard and wouldn't have made Krumholtz look like a screaming rear end in a top hat.

"I regret working with Woody Allen on my new film, Wonder Wheel, coming soon to theatres near you."

gently caress that guy

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

porfiria posted:

Woody didn't do it.

Woody Harrelson is a national treasure

I hope the inevitable weinstein movie doesnt just go by the name 'Harvey' and sully the jimmy stewart movie by association. Plus the other brother was into that poo poo a bit too, how has he not been dragged through the mud yet too?

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 6, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

got any sevens posted:

Woody Harrelson is a national treasure

I hope the inevitable weinstein movie doesnt just go by the name 'Harvey' and sully the jimmy stewart movie by association. Plus the other brother was into that poo poo a bit too, how has he not been dragged through the mud yet too?

I'm pretty sure the whole Weinstein circle is going down. There's rumblings about Bob, as you mentioned, and Bey Logan (the guy who runs Dragon Dynasty for them) is also a sex pest.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

porfiria posted:

Woody didn't do it.

He admitted to pushing Buzz out the window, and we see him do it. I don’t know how much more you people need.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DC Murderverse posted:

He admitted to pushing Buzz out the window, and we see him do it. I don’t know how much more you people need.

He stumbled and knocked into Buzz by accident. There was a snake in his boot. :colbert:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

to be fair to David Krumholz, he came out and clarified exactly why his mind changed:

https://twitter.com/mrdavekrumholtz/status/949513166878261248
https://twitter.com/mrdavekrumholtz/status/949515727249092610

He also apparently donated the worth of his 1k salary from his scene in Wonder Wheel to the Time's Up thing. I think his heart is in the right place, but boy he's bad at Twitter.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's doing it for the publicity. His Twitter account is retweeting news articles about his apology.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vegetable posted:

He's doing it for the publicity. His Twitter account is retweeting news articles about his apology.

so do you believe that he's lying and still likes Woody Allen then? Honestly, I will happily let anyone who wants publicity for saying "I was in a Woody Allen movie and I think we shouldn't let Woody Allen work in Hollywood any more" whore themselves out for a day or two if it gets us any closer to Woody Allen having to reckon with what he did. A Krumholz here and a Page there, and maybe eventually someone like Kate Winslet or Emma Stone or Scarlett Johansson who have worked with him a lot in recent years will come out and say "he's a child molester who deserves to gently caress off forever".

The reason his tweets last night were bad was that he was still using arguments that the people defending Allen use ("we don't know what really happened"), and also he reacted incredibly poorly to someone who actually asked about what exactly caused this change. Now that he's come out and clarified it's a little easier to buy it, and if David Krumholz genuinely had a change of heart and he or his publicist thought "hey we can get some attention out of this" then more power to them. I'll take every c-list jewish comedian who grew up worshipping Allen I can get to call him out.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The apologies ring hollow. They know who he is.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm pretty sure the whole Weinstein circle is going down. There's rumblings about Bob, as you mentioned, and Bey Logan (the guy who runs Dragon Dynasty for them) is also a sex pest.

No idea how Bob Weinstein escaped so much of this. Scott Derrickson recently tweeted that Bob Weinstein is legitimately the worst person he's ever met. I guess it's because he came out strong against his brother as soon as he could and was supposedly the person who helped leak the story to begin with.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I don't have trouble believing victims. Knowing the full history of the Woody poo poo, though, I just can't get on the condemnation train. It's the only case I can think of that sets off my skepticism alarms, and I don't blame anyone for either working with him or choosing not to work with him.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Yeah I really doubt the dude who makes a bunch of movies where he romances underage girls is a pedo. Plenty of healthy skepticism to be had there.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Shoombo posted:

Yeah I really doubt the dude who makes a bunch of movies where he romances underage girls is a pedo. Plenty of healthy skepticism to be had there.

Not to mention he's peppered his filmography with references to Nabokov.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Shoombo posted:

I mean 'guy likes girls younger than him' is pretty rote poo poo. But there's a big difference between that and legit child abuse. I mean if I was in that position, I personally wouldn't work with him. But I think looking at what's out there, anyone can justifiably make the case to say ah you know what, I don't think he did it.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
He molested and married his stepdaughter like ages ago, why are people even talking about Woody Allen. I can’t stand his movies, they’re not funny, I have no idea why anyone likes them.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Origami Dali posted:

I don't have trouble believing victims. Knowing the full history of the Woody poo poo, though, I just can't get on the condemnation train. It's the only case I can think of that sets off my skepticism alarms, and I don't blame anyone for either working with him or choosing not to work with him.

Same, tbh. Woody def has done some skeazy poo poo w/r/t the timing around marrying Soon Yi, which is a weird situation far beyond their age gap, but I can't condemn him without knowing the full truth. I want to believe Dylan Farrow and feel terrible for her, whatever happened, but I also kinda fully believe Mia Farrow is and especially was batshit insane.

Whatever happened to Dylan, whether it was Woody abusing her or the other theory of Mia feeding her lies at such an impressionable age, or whatever, I feel terrible for her and what no doubt was a tumultuous household to be in during the time of that divorce.

The Allen situation just isn't as cut and dry as many others, so I can't really blame anyone in or out of the industry for falling on either side of believing Dylan or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

bad day posted:

He molested and married his stepdaughter like ages ago, why are people even talking about Woody Allen. I can’t stand his movies, they’re not funny, I have no idea why anyone likes them.

True. It’s not hard avoiding his movies cuz they’re garbo