Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

It's not a business account.

I went from 65/month to 90/month.

Thanks for the info, I'm paying $65 a month. Crazy that for only $25 more you can triple the speed. Is that an intro rate? I always see people complaining but their internet provider, but man I've been pretty happy with Charter for like a decade. My bill has gone up a little bit over the years, but they doubled everyone's speed at no additional charge in like 2014 and service is pretty rock solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Violator posted:

Thanks for the info, I'm paying $65 a month. Crazy that for only $25 more you can triple the speed. Is that an intro rate? I always see people complaining but their internet provider, but man I've been pretty happy with Charter for like a decade. My bill has gone up a little bit over the years, but they doubled everyone's speed at no additional charge in like 2014 and service is pretty rock solid.

Yes, I feel the same as you about Charter.

What prompted me to call them was I found a link to this page and after putting in my address it showed 300/20 available and it showed the price as $90.

The lady I talked to didn't really seem to know much about it...she had to put me on hold and talk to a supervisor...but she got back on and said "we're adding that to your line now please continue to hold".

5 minutes later I was done and had faster speeds.

They did want to send out a tech to install a new modem and wouldn't let me order it without that. I'm sure they wanted to get me on their whole Charter-managed modem/router/wifi device, but gently caress that.

After I got the upgraded speeds I got on their online chat and cancelled the install appointment.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

What prompted me to call them was I found a link to this page and after putting in my address it showed 300/20 available and it showed the price as $90.

The lady I talked to didn't really seem to know much about it...she had to put me on hold and talk to a supervisor...but she got back on and said "we're adding that to your line now please continue to hold".

They did want to send out a tech to install a new modem and wouldn't let me order it without that. I'm sure they wanted to get me on their whole Charter-managed modem/router/wifi device, but gently caress that.

After I got the upgraded speeds I got on their online chat and cancelled the install appointment.

Did you get them to waive the $199 upgrade fee, too, or have they finally done away with that farce?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

astral posted:

Did you get them to waive the $199 upgrade fee, too, or have they finally done away with that farce?

I didn't have to do or say anything, they just didn't charge me anything.

I will note that after I told my brother about it, he called and they charged him a $40 upgrade fee.

I think it's too new and they don't have their procedures ironed out.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

I didn't have to do or say anything, they just didn't charge me anything.

I will note that after I told my brother about it, he called and they charged him a $40 upgrade fee.

I think it's too new and they don't have their procedures ironed out.

Lucky.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A free indexer that might be useful to others. I was doing some backfilling and couldn't find something on nzbs.org that I knew I'd gotten from usenet before, and this link had it fine despite it's 2000+ age. Never bad to have a backup, but don't know if you can use it beyond a website and integrate it with sonarr/radarr etc.

https://nzbserver.eu/

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Thermopyle posted:

Hot drat. That link shows 100/5 in my area and I'm still on 60/5. I'm pretty sure they only advertise 60/5 in this area too. I guess I'll call them and see about getting faster speeds.

I too am impressed with Charter. A few years ago when I was supposed to be getting 60/5 speeds, I kept dropping back to 30/3. I called them and they told me I was on a legacy plan, and moved me to a new plan which was actually cheaper than what I was paying. They've never tried to upsell me on stuff I'm not interested in, like phone service.

There's also a 300/5 plan for $90/$80 with TV. I wonder why none of the plans include faster upload.

edit: holy poo poo DOCSIS 3.1 modems are expensive.

edit2: quick call to Charter and now I'm on 100/5 and I'm paying $5 less because apparently HD is included in Spectrum TV now. They are also shipping me a new modem for free for some reason and didn't even say anything about having a tech come out.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 6, 2018

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
The NzbHydra dev released NzbHydra v2...in Java. He's not going to maintain the old one either, just a heads up for anyone else using it. If you're going to use it and not a fan of maintaining JDKs on your install or have other concerns then I suggest using Docker.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

Charter will give you a straight Arris modem for free, no WiFi.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

FCKGW posted:

Charter will give you a straight Arris modem for free, no WiFi.

Yes, that's what I use currently from them.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

The Gunslinger posted:

The NzbHydra dev released NzbHydra v2...in Java. He's not going to maintain the old one either, just a heads up for anyone else using it. If you're going to use it and not a fan of maintaining JDKs on your install or have other concerns then I suggest using Docker.

lol hopefully he's a better Java developer than a python developer. I use(ed?) NzbHydra and went to fix some of the many bugs several times but it was just a mess and I didn't want to spend years straightening out his mess.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I have a bit of a problem with Radarr and "upgrading" a movie title in my library. I had a movie that I downloaded through Radarr, after it was done it looked like this:

Movie Folder
-Movie Title (Release Year)
--Movie Title 1080p.mkv

I decided I wanted to change it to the 4k version. First, I changed the movies profile in Radarr to Ultra HD, this did nothing, then I hit "update movie info and scan disk", thinking this would lead radarr to realize that the version of the movie on the disk is lower quality than what is set in the profile and trigger it to search for the 4k version, instead it also did nothing. I then hit search for movie which caused it to search and find the 4k version, sending it sabnzbd. After the download was finished my Movie Folder looked like this:

Movie Folder
-Movie Title (Release Year)
--Movie Title 1080p.mkv
-Movie.Title.2160p-ReleaseGroup
--gibberishfilename.mkv

Radarr did not realize that the desired version of the movie had been downloaded and the entry in it's movie library remained unchanged until i fixed it manually.

Obviously this process involved a ton more managing on my part than I wanted to but I'm not quite sure what I did wrong. It seems like it be way easier to just delete a movie entirely and re-add it with a different quality profile but this too seems somewhat counterintuitive.

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe

Thermopyle posted:

lol hopefully he's a better Java developer than a python developer. I use(ed?) NzbHydra and went to fix some of the many bugs several times but it was just a mess and I didn't want to spend years straightening out his mess.

Java development is apparently his day job (seriously). The new one is much faster, but there are a few bugs yet.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Thanks for the link, I just got off the phone with Charter and went from 100/10 to 300/20 for five bucks less than I was paying. I doubt I'll ever get the full 300 since the wiring in my apartment is crap but any speed improvement will be nice.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone have a recommendation for a Firefox NZB addon? Updating to the big new Firefox version a while ago broke NZBfox which I was using until then.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Charter here in East Assbutt, Maine just switched over to 100/10 as the standard service tier at the beginning of the year, up from 60/5. That was a nice surprise. What'd be an even nicer surprise is if the two big spools of blue and orange something-or-other hanging from the pole at the end of my road right now are fiber lines, but that's probably a little too much to hope for in this area.

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe

Incessant Excess posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a Firefox NZB addon? Updating to the big new Firefox version a while ago broke NZBfox which I was using until then.

There's this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nzb-unity/

Written for FF 57+ as a web extension. Other than that, the only choice is to use NZBget-chrome on Vivaldir or Chrome, or move back to the Firefox ESR release and get XUL extensions back.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Any block account sales going on anywhere?

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?
Usenet.farm is having a 30% off sale now using HNBM2018 as the code.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Mephistopheles posted:

Came to post that cause I just saw the email.

I’ve used them for over a year now and they’re great. I have no complaints.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Mephistopheles posted:

I currently have an unlimited Supernews (Giganews) and a Blocknews (Highwinds) account as backup. As far as I can tell Usenet.farm is not a reseller but a provider, would it help me with completion issues or are DMCA requests handled automatically and hit providers at the same time?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

I currently have an unlimited Supernews (Giganews) and a Blocknews (Highwinds) account as backup. As far as I can tell Usenet.farm is not a reseller but a provider, would it help me with completion issues or are DMCA requests handled automatically and hit providers at the same time?

It should help.

Mephistopheles posted:

Thanks!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Signed up for the Usenet.farm free trial (thanks Thermopyle and Mephistopheles) and I gotta say, I do like how quick and easy their signup process is.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

Signed up for the Usenet.farm free trial (thanks Thermopyle and Mephistopheles) and I gotta say, I do like how quick and easy their signup process is.

They've got the best site of all the different providers i've used over the years.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Any block account sales going on anywhere?

https://free-usenet.com is buy one get one free per block. They also check multiple backbones.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

ClassH posted:

https://free-usenet.com is buy one get one free per block. They also check multiple backbones.

I hadn't heard of them before. Looks like they have those free 1mbps accounts like XS Usenet did...I'm going to throw one into my config for a backup and see how they do.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Thermopyle posted:

Looks like they have those free 1mbps accounts like XS Usenet did

Just signed up. Turns out the trial accounts last 3 hours, lol

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

I hadn't heard of them before. Looks like they have those free 1mbps accounts like XS Usenet did...I'm going to throw one into my config for a backup and see how they do.

Each block is its own account so to speak so you have to either be diligent with your email saving or dump them all into your server settings page at once.

I have block news and these guys set up as a backup and haven't hit them much yet. I might switch the priorities around and see how they fair.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rufus Ping posted:

Just signed up. Turns out the trial accounts last 3 hours, lol

drat they changed that, it used to definitely be longer albeit not something you’d use more than a test.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

ClassH posted:

I gave them a try a few months ago. Bought the bogo 200gb block and was happy with them. Less expensive than the other block provider I was using. Just bought 1tb during this bogo sale which should keep me going for at least a year. The only downside is the bandwidth limit. I have a gigabit line so it’s slower than before but it doesn’t bother me at all.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
What's a current recommendation for a good indexer? There are so many choices.

bred
Oct 24, 2008

Super Dude posted:

What's a current recommendation for a good indexer? There are so many choices.

I've been on nzbcat for about a year but noticed some delays in getting releases lately. I got a nzbfinder account last month and it's been great. Hydra ends up using nzbfinder about 75% of the time.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I’ve recently set up Sonarr as well as Sabnzbd to run as Docker containers on my Synology DS918+. Sonarr is connected to Sabnzbd via the API and can „send“ downloads successfully. The folder where my TV Shows are looks like this:

TV
-Show Name 1
--Season 1
---Show Name 1 S01E01.mkv
---Show Name 1 S01E02.mkv
---Show Name 1 S01E03.mkv
-Show Name 2
etc.

I recently added a new show to Sonarr and hit „add and search for episodes“, it found everything missing and sent the downloads to Sabnzbd. Unfortunately, once everything got done downloading it looked like this:

TV
-Show Name 1
--Season 1
---Show Name 1 S01E01.mkv
---Show Name 1 S01E02.mkv
---Show Name 1 S01E03.mkv
-NZB File Name
--gibberish filename.mkv
-NZB File Name
--NZB File Name.mkv
-Show Name 2
etc.

for every episode.

I have renaming turned on in Sonarr but it looks to me like nothing happens to my completed downloads. Can anyone tell me what might be the issue here?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

For clarity, is it working fine for other shows, but not renaming at all for that one show, or is it not renaming any shows?

edit: do you have Settings -> Download Client -> Completed Download Handling enabled?

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 14, 2018

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

wtf is up with those quotes?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Thermopyle posted:

wtf is up with those quotes?

It's just how some languages, such as German, do quotation marks.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Vykk.Draygo posted:

For clarity, is it working fine for other shows, but not renaming at all for that one show, or is it not renaming any shows?

edit: do you have Settings -> Download Client -> Completed Download Handling enabled?

This problem cropped up with the first show I've tried but presumably every show is affected. I have completed download handling enabled, yes. My Sabnzbd download folder and my TV storage folder are one and the same, could this be the cause of my issue?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Ptarmigans posted:

It's just how some languages, such as German, do quotation marks.

Yeah, I just meant how come they were in a post on SA. I don't think I've ever seen them before here.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

This problem cropped up with the first show I've tried but presumably every show is affected. I have completed download handling enabled, yes. My Sabnzbd download folder and my TV storage folder are one and the same, could this be the cause of my issue?

It's possible that it's failing to rename because it's not moving anything. Try downloading files to a temp directory then having them moved to their permanent home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Thermopyle posted:

Yeah, I just meant how come they were in a post on SA. I don't think I've ever seen them before here.

Different keyboard layouts making the lower quotes easily accessible and old habits?