Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Bloop posted:

I assume the selling point is that the meat is not imported, rather than it being genuine.

Truly the most important thing. :australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phanatic posted:

Funniest bit about that meme is that the Federal government was deliberately tainting alcohol to get people to stop drinking. By killing them with poison.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2010/02/the_chemists_war.html

you know what the cure is when the federal government puts methanol in your drink?

its ethanol, and more of it. more than the methanol. drink it up. do it!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

This new rule that I have to explain why something is funny is loving me up, I've had to pass on posting like five different pictures of cats playing with turtles. I don't know why cats and turtles being friends is funny, I just know that it is!

It's funny because cats and turtles are natural enemies. Turtles have been known to attack cats in the wild and cats have been known to file false noise complaints against turtles, getting them in trouble with their landlords.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Funniest bit about that meme is that the Federal government was deliberately tainting alcohol to get people to stop drinking. By killing them with poison.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2010/02/the_chemists_war.html

They still essentially do this with prescription opiates, except instead of straight up poison they use Tylenol.

Edit: content

Imagined has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Jan 6, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's funny because cats and turtles are natural enemies.

They are, but the war between dogs and turtles is even worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6WkFTWQrzc

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

CzarChasm posted:

I'm sorry to dredge this back up, but the phrase "100% Australian Meat" is very concerning. Maybe it's because I'm just so used to everything being sold in America as food has to specify somewhere what it actually is, but something that is simply labeled as "meat" is just vague enough to bother me. Is this horse as Chunks indicated? Or is it ground up Aussies as the box seems to state?

I find this McDonalds ad campaign slightly concerning for the same reason:

It's a sad state of affairs if "real" is the best word to describe your product's unique selling point.

beato has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Jan 6, 2018

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

beato posted:

It's a sad state of affairs if "real" is the best word to describe your product's unique selling point.

They should use Trump's rationale for eating it so much: #NotPoisoned

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anyone remember who originally made that observation, that any claim is worthless if its impossible to argue the opposite.

bad examples:
- burger #good okay but who would sell their burgers as #bad?
- a politician says "for the people" and you wonder, who would be against the people?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Guy Goodbody posted:

This new rule that I have to explain why something is funny is loving me up, I've had to pass on posting like five different pictures of cats playing with turtles. I don't know why cats and turtles being friends is funny, I just know that it is!

:justpost: because cats and turtles are funny and adorable

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

beato posted:

"Real" nowadays means something like "wholesome" or "unprocessed".

Then again maybe the ad is Brazilian.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

gleebster posted:

How many people go missing in Australia every year?

People going walkabout is a myth perpetuated by the Australian meat packing industry.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I just found this at work. I bought it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Linked tweet for possible NWS image

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Scathach posted:

I just found this at work. I bought it.

Does it exoand?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Imagined posted:

Does it exoand?

Holy poo poo I was paying so much attention to the item I missed the packaging.

Yes, yes it does.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Imagined posted:

Does it exoand?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Was buying these for a while because they were on super sale, loving so good:

would buy the hell out of 420 pies if I could get em

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Guy Goodbody posted:

Clearly somebody needs to make a "Sensible Chuckle Images" thread so Guy can post his delightful images for us without the bullies dogpiling him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

Write about how from a post-modernist perspective the cat represents the modern police state and the turtle represents the pharmaceutical-industrial complex.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LifeSunDeath posted:

Was buying these for a while because they were on super sale, loving so good:

would buy the hell out of 420 pies if I could get em

That's not how a steak and potato pie works!

You mash the potato and it goes on top before the pie is baked.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

do department store scandals really cost that much these days?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

That's not how a steak and potato pie works!

You mash the potato and it goes on top before the pie is baked.

drat right. And in SA we'll have none of that 4n20 crap, it's either Balfours or Vili's or it's go home:

Anarchist Mae has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Jan 6, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Choco1980 posted:

Clearly somebody needs to make a "Sensible Chuckle Images" thread so Guy can post his delightful images for us without the bullies dogpiling him.

It would honestly be a lot easier if people would just accept that he has a slightly broken sense of humor and let him post things he finds funny without explanation but this is PYF so that won't happen.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Honestly I'm enjoying his explanations and he isn't near as annoying as all the people who bitch about him.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Guy Goodbody rules and always has, gently caress the haters 2k18

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

swordfish duelist posted:

Honestly I'm enjoying his explanations and he isn't near as annoying as all the people who bitch about him.

not empty quoting

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
When he's not posting anime tiddys, and is dropping explanations for why a semi-mundane pic is funny, I actually really enjoy it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dannywilson posted:

When he's not posting anime at all, and is dropping explanations for why a semi-mundane pic is funny, I actually really enjoy it.

His explanations are amazing, he should run with it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Who's Wally and what did he do with Waldo?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Who's Wally and what did he do with Waldo?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's Odlaw, you oaf!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You can tell because of the blue and black shirt

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Is Odlaw still called Odlaw in places where the name used is Wally, or is he Yllaw

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Wally is the original name and used everywhere but the US and Canada. However, that character's name is still Odlaw everywhere :shrug:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

if Mario's evil counterpart is called Wario then why isn't

oh

wait

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

Killed By Death posted:

Wally is the original name and used everywhere but the US and Canada. However, that character's name is still Odlaw everywhere :shrug:

Well, of course. That's his name. There'd be no reason for it to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Pastry of the Year posted:

if Mario's evil counterpart is called Wario then why isn't

oh

wait

... Maldo?