Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Corek posted:

There were literally 54 animorphs books and a new one came out every month as a way to extort children

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Animorphs_books

It sucks to think when I was a kid that extortion came in the form of cheap literature I had to go to a book store to get, and not loot boxes. Today's kids don't know how convenient they've got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Yeah, and then you had to actually read the book, not just equip a gun or a hat to your character. Kids these days are pansies.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Serious time guys. My friend Eli is 13 and has brain cancer. He loves getting cards from all around the world, it's his "thing." Please draw a poop emoji on it, that will make him even happier! I'm going to be posting this every so often throughout the week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/ (edit: link might not work for some people)

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 11, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

beep by grandpa posted:

This is all of us tonight and the rest of this week...and it makes me so happy...

This is for you guys...from me...this is how I feel when I post with u all and I hope u feel the same about your favourite poster (me)

video games are okay sometimes except when they suck

let's have some good speedruns and some better drama

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

mp5 posted:

let's have some good speedruns and some better drama

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

quoting for good luck and rating this thread 5.51 stars

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
The Yetee tweeted the AGDQ designs and I like this one because I like FF IV

https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/949817908271730689

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oh drat there's the upside for having a job this gdq, i can actually justify buying some super nerdy shirts for the sake of charity

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I love their shirts, but none of those designs are really grabbing me. Maybe the dog with the headset shirt. I think that's a Resident Evil or Silent Hill reference?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

actually yeah now that i'm looking at them there's not a lot of super interesting looking ones :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
oh no nina's shirt is the bubsy why

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

First of all why isn't Punished Kong on the poll :colbert:

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I actually might get the Bubsy shirt just because it looks like a cat on crack.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have this shirt but I was fat when I got it and now I'm not anymore so it's a nice pajama shirt. Net gain because I now sleep with my gdq memories close against my chest :-]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Today kinda sucked, but remembering I can wake up to this tomorrow made it all better. :unsmith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I have this shirt but I was fat when I got it and now I'm not anymore so it's a nice pajama shirt. Net gain because I now sleep with my gdq memories close against my chest :-]

oh god that was from the first one i watched, how did 3 years already go by

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I lol when I think about that shirt cause the design is so good that it works on its own but god drat if I were was ever in a position where I was forced to explain it to anyone because I would have to describe Speedrunning, AGDQ, Tetris, Pacific Rim, T E R R O R I N S T I N C T their core concepts, their relation to each other and why that is funny.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

I have the Nier Automata one from SGDQ last year. Actually got compliments on it too. It's a cool design.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if i ever saw anyone irl wearing that shirt i would just nod sagely, whisper 'terror instinct', and walk away

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Dias posted:

I have the Nier Automata one from SGDQ last year. Actually got compliments on it too. It's a cool design.

I bought a bunch of shirts last SGDQ, everyone comments on them. They're really good shirts.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yetee Guest Designer Georgia O'Keeffe

https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/949812843255422976

I am so pumped for this week of nerd poo poo

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Dias posted:

Yeah same, it's great having some Yoko Taro bling. I also got that sick Warrior of Light one from last year's AGDQ.

I have off work tomorrow, gonna be a cozy Sunday, especially since apparently the weather's gonna get nasty.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Guys what are some more of your favorite GDQ memories :allears:

I've got a couple but I want to be nice and let my friends have a turn cause y'all know me I'm a yapper and a storyteller

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

[Tasteful] [Heartwarming]

I can't shut up for literally a minute but I liked the year we were all donating about that one little girl who was related to a goon, Samantha, I think? She passed away that year but that was cool and it brought us all together. She didn't win the naming convention thing we were trying to and tbh imho I think some people in the thread took that too personally but I liked how sincerely everyone was all rooting for that little girl. RIP.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I've got a couple but I want to be nice and let my friends have a turn cause y'all know me I'm a yapper and a storyteller

basically the entire earthbound finale for sgdq '17, chatting about maybe my favorite game ever with late-night goons for 3 hours

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

also i didn't watch much of the ff7 run where tifa got named beefaroni as a donation incentive but for some reason i still think of that whenever i think of tifa

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

My favorite meme was this thread just lighting up like the Griswald's house during the DK64 run. Best ARG/war history lesson ever. :allears:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

beep by grandpa posted:

A couple years ago, there was a run for a game called Lagoon which I had never heard of that I thought was going to suck because it was an hour-and-a-half long SNES RPG, and RPG speedruns usually suck if you aren't familiar with the game. I watched it anyway because I didn't have anything better to do and the Awful Games block began after it. It turned out to be one of the highlights of the marathon. The runner and couch were hilarious and they kept me engaged the entire time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Naruto and Pikachu's Quest for the Car Keys was great, Animorphs was a mindfuck, PJ's torch-only-ish run of SGnG was hilarious, Half's little speech about not being limited by your limitations was very heartwarming and T E R R O R I N S T I N C T was an event the first time around.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Pretty much any PJ run.

And I don't really care for Kingdom Hearts, but there was a run I think at SGDQ where every time they had a long forced auto-scrolly mission, people from the crowd would sing Disney songs.

EDIT: Oh, and the first halfcoordinated run I saw. He was playing this dumb Transformers game and I was about to turn it off, but then he asked the donation reader to only read donation comments with terrible puns about Transformers and it suddenly became magical.

mangler103 fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 7, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Also as far as thread chat rankings go it's
1. The ending to AGDQ 2017, between the announcement of the anime reward thing that generated so many donations in such a short time it broke the tracker, and hitting $2 million during the "hug the goat" scene in Undertale, poo poo was insanely hoyp

2. The Awful Games Done Quick block in AGDQ 2016 was the best awful games block in memory and out of the like seven or eight terrible games they played, only one in the middle was kind of a dud, all the others had me laughing out loud and everyone in the thread was having a great time

3. DK64 run in SGDQ 2017, for reasons already explained ITT

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

another good memory was seeing all the goons who got to experience pepsiman for the first time

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

1. Cuck chat during stiv's run last SGDQ
2. Gundam chat during megaman block last SGDQ

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hahaha omg I remember the gundam chat, does anyone even remember how that started?

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Metal Wolf Chaos with Murphagator was pretty rad, mostly for reactions to ELECTROMAGNETIC ALCATRAZ CANNON among others things in that game.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Lobster posted:

Btw, serious for a minute, my friend Eli is 13 and has brain cancer and loves getting cards from all around the world. This is the only time I will post about it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

Gosh, guess we'll all just have to keep quoting this one post then.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Oh, awesome, I am getting the Splatoon shirt. Like half my nerdy shirts at this point are GDQ shirts.

I used to watch GDQs alone but I remember it being so much better when I realized goons were watching and posting too. (I don't really post much the rest of the year.) Telling everyone about My Boyfriend, The Deer was a magical time and then when I came back six months later and people remembered me for that was really heartwarming to me.

Edit: Heartwarming like that ^^^^

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 7, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

dragster 5.51 better be a donation incentive :colbert:

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

axeil posted:

dragster 5.51 better be a donation incentive :colbert:

Darbian and some others submitted a 4 person dragster race but it wasn't accepted. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Undertale 2 million
The Great Ape War/Weird Sonic Comic poo poo during DK64
Playing GDQ Bingo
Bonesaw's Wild Ride
Animorphs
Harvey Relief Done Quick's LTTP Randomizer Run
halfcoordinated's Nier Automata run that made me get the game
Pokemon trainwrecks
The Super Metroid race where everyone died
The 8 hour FFVII run which sounds insane but was awesome
Staying up with everyone for the Earthbound finale for SGDQ 17 :3:
Getting a donation comment read during I Am Bread at SGDQ 17