Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

That wouldn't jive with Levi, would it?

probably not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Mikasa's mom was Asian, her dad was an Ackerman. Mikasa and her mom being Asian was why they were targeted by the slavers that she and Eren brutally murdered.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kild posted:

I figured the asian part was the ackerman part

No don't know why you would think that.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Nobody mentioned it yet. Eren kinda magnetizes wooden planks against his fingers. What the gently caress?

redsniper posted:

Best part was Eren crowd surfing.

Same. Once I saw him leap over the bleachers I was like "well gently caress! Now he's just having fun..."

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

DaveKap posted:

Nobody mentioned it yet. Eren kinda magnetizes wooden planks against his fingers. What the gently caress?

Same. Once I saw him leap over the bleachers I was like "well gently caress! Now he's just having fun..."

Nah that's his targeted hardening on his knuckles, he's been doing that for a while. He learned to do it after consuming the armor power in the cavern and used it against Reiner in Shiganshina at the very least.

I can see why you'd confuse it for magnetism though, they use that glow effect to show when he applies the effect but it's not super clear what's going on without any color.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

No don't know why you would think that.

memory remnants of people saying it was asian mysticism or whatever as the reason behind her powers. :shrug:

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I still kind of mourn the theory that Mikasa became OP and got her totes healthy fixation because Eren titan-commanded her to fight. Would have been a bit more interesting than lol, supersoldiers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

see I think that theory's kinda lame since it undermines mikasa. eren being her motivation is one thing but having him be the cause of her abilities too would suck so much. I don't really see the problem with the ackerman's back story

not to mention that it doesn't really work in any context since mikasa was shown to be tougher than him before the wall was broken. isn't mikasa saving him when he tries to save armin one of the very first things that happens?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Rhaka posted:

I still kind of mourn the theory that Mikasa became OP and got her totes healthy fixation because Eren titan-commanded her to fight. Would have been a bit more interesting than lol, supersoldiers.

Eren didn't have his titan power at the time. It's an interesting scene though since titan power is activated through having an exact purpose to use it. Eren yells at her to attack, and by doing so she suddenly has enough power to break the floor boards.

Even after basement reveal, Reiner flashback and Willy speech there's still so much mystery surrounding titans. Nobody knows what really happened 100 years ago but everyone's locked in war over perceived histories. I don't think this story could have a happy ending unless Ymir herself appears Deus Ex Machina-style.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 5, 2018

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I think Eren could imprint his will onto the founding titan just as Karl Fritz has. He may ultimately subvert the king's will for any royalty the founding titan may end up with in the future. His mindset is antithetical to idly dooming eldians to genocide.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 5, 2018

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm happy that Anti-Personnel 3DMG was brought back for the purpose of murdering some dumb rear end Marleyans

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I just realized that "Debasement Yourself and Face Bloodshed" is pretty much what Eren did at the end of last chapter and in this one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oda does it again.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Kassad posted:

I just realized that "Debasement Yourself and Face Bloodshed" is pretty much what Eren did at the end of last chapter and in this one.
:vince:

Tenkaris posted:

Nah that's his targeted hardening on his knuckles, he's been doing that for a while. He learned to do it after consuming the armor power in the cavern and used it against Reiner in Shiganshina at the very least.

I can see why you'd confuse it for magnetism though, they use that glow effect to show when he applies the effect but it's not super clear what's going on without any color.
Oooooh drat... it didn't help he was punching wooden bleachers at the time so my natural thought was "wooden planks."

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 5, 2018

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Kassad posted:

:frogc00l:

This story just keeps delivering.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Manatee Cannon posted:

see I think that theory's kinda lame since it undermines mikasa. eren being her motivation is one thing but having him be the cause of her abilities too would suck so much. I don't really see the problem with the ackerman's back story

not to mention that it doesn't really work in any context since mikasa was shown to be tougher than him before the wall was broken. isn't mikasa saving him when he tries to save armin one of the very first things that happens?

Yeah no it absolutely doesn't work anymore pretty much since we got confirmation on when Eren got Titan'd. I kind of preferred the angle of Eren accidentally and unknowingly loving this girl up over her just lucking into Ackerman legacy, but eh.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sub Harrison posted:

Maybe the Ackermans were the reason the king stopped fighting. The thought of every Eldian having titan powers and immunity to mind control.

More like he is not able to assert himself on Eren as Eren isn't of royal blood.

Kassad posted:

Show yourself Isayama

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

More like he is not able to assert himself on Eren as Eren isn't of royal blood.

I meant Karl Fritz decided to renounce war and build the walls after seeing the uncontrollable power of the Ackermans. The founder titan could keep the peace between the other shifters but the emergence of families with titan-lite powers who could not be subdued made him think "The Eldian empire and the world is going to plunge into all out war unless I somehow end Titan power all together." Purely speculation but I feel there's something more to the wall origins than Karl Fritz hates war.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 6, 2018

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kassad posted:

It was basically a terrorist attack on civilians. Like I've said before, nobody in this series is really the 'good guys'.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

It was basically a terrorist attack on civilians. Like I've said before, nobody in this series is really the 'good guys'.

It was a targeted attack against leaders chanting for the genocide of a people who, for the past 150ish years, have done nothing to the outside world. Collateral damage is expected in war, especially when the enemy uses civilians as bodyshields, like they did at the play.

The Walldians are still the good guys until Eren goes out of his way to mush some civilians.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I'm gonna say it: I'm glad Eren killed a bunch of people, and I hope he kills a lot more.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I'm gonna say it: I'm glad Eren killed a bunch of people, and I hope he kills a lot more.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
It's certainly more thrilling and cathartic than the alternative.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Cappy posted:

The Walldians are still the good guys until Eren goes out of his way to mush some civilians.

Keeping this for later.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Hell, same.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Kassad posted:

more like defacement lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

As much as I love the plot and intrigue chapters I'm also really happy to finally see titans beating the poo poo out of each other again and killing tons of people

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I got super tired of the Marley warrior flashbacks in recent chapters, but I'm actually pretty excited to see some Paradis flashbacks so we can find out what's been going on in the last 4 years. Interested to see if they have someone eat the warhammer titan, and what happened with Annie.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

JahRoo posted:

I got super tired of the Marley warrior flashbacks in recent chapters, but I'm actually pretty excited to see some Paradis flashbacks so we can find out what's been going on in the last 4 years. Interested to see if they have someone eat the warhammer titan, and what happened with Annie.

It's be so cool if they somehow got Annie to join Paradis' side but I don't think it's that kind of manga. Either she's still in the rock or she was eaten to give someone else her Titan power.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah I'm mostly just hoping that something happened. Maybe they developed the technology to crack her out of the crystal, did some talking, and fed her to someone else. Maybe they just turned someone into a titan and had them eat the crystal and the titan juices or whatever dissolved it, I don't really know.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

But how cool would it be if next chapter Reiner transforms from the rubble and goes to attack Eren and Mikasa, but then the Female Titan appears out of nowhere and judo throws him to the ground

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

And then someone emerges from the female titan.....holy poo poo it's Sasha Jean.

e: but actually I sort of feel like Reiner might join up with Paradis squad at this point, or at least is the most likely out of the Marley folks other than Zeke. He clearly understands at this point that what he did as an agent of Marley was hosed up and it seems that he wants to atone on some level.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
On the contrary, I believe that the previous chapters and Eren's last words to him before transforming are indicative of Reiner's place within the story: he knows what he did was wrong, he despises himself, loathes the situation he's in and fears for the future of the Eldians... but like Eren, he has no choice but to keep moving forward on the path he took all those years ago.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm curious if they've somehow smuggled supply caches into the city for extended use of 3DMG tactics. They could hit and run with impunity all night.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JahRoo posted:

Yeah I'm mostly just hoping that something happened. Maybe they developed the technology to crack her out of the crystal, did some talking, and fed her to someone else. Maybe they just turned someone into a titan and had them eat the crystal and the titan juices or whatever dissolved it, I don't really know.

Eren's got the hardening power, maybe he can also dissolve things?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Eren's got the hardening power, maybe he can also dissolve things?

He can probably just smash it up with his titan fists.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

is that harvey weinstein

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love that guy's calm "welp im dead" expression

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Fister Roboto posted:

is that harvey weinstein

I'm pretty sure it is