Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Guys guys guys, I figured out the coyotes attendance problems, it’s the screaming woman who howls every 30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
swarm

swarm

SWARM

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
Like clockwork, as soon as I start feeling pretty good about the Hurricanes their goaltending pulls me back into the abyss.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I'd be interested to see what Eakins could do with competent management. His ideas were pretty loony but kind of refreshing and he had some decent philosophy behind it. That Oilers team was just not the one to do it.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Jovial Cow posted:

Guys guys guys, I figured out the coyotes attendance problems, it’s the screaming woman who howls every 30 seconds.

Look what happens when the Rangers don't have someone someone screaming at them to shoot.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aaron Portzline compares the Browns parade of shame to the CBJ fan protest outside Nationwide in 2012, which came complete with "Oh, look, we get the ASG!" being blasted on the jumbotron across the street during the event:

https://theathletic.com/205143/2018...side-the-arena/

This fan quote resonates when you look at the eventual outcome:

quote:

“I believe we will be able to reflect on this moment five years from now and either say, ‘This was when the Jackets turned it around’ or we’re going to say, ‘This is why Columbus no longer has an NHL team, because ownership did not listen to us.’ ”

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NYRStatsInfo/status/949853405316571136

Jesus Christ Hank :stare:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

gently caress Corey Perry and the Anaheim Ducks.

Thank You.

Edit: Actually gently caress Hockey.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 7, 2018

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I like how the Rangers somehow managed to lose 4 times over that span of goaltending

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Drunk Canuck posted:

Hire Dallas Eakins.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Ginette Reno posted:

I like how the Rangers somehow managed to lose 4 times over that span of goaltending

We’ve been playing rather poorly here as of late.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Eakins played plenty of meatheads, he fetishizes fitness and loves gym rats to the point where it influences his player evaluation. Dude is nuts.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

MacKinnon is alone at 2nd in league scoring

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Hockey is cool and good.

Went to the retirement game tonight and the crowd was nuts, there's real excitement for hockey again and I love it.

Also I want to have MacKinnon's babies. Plural.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

LumpyGumby posted:

Hockey is cool and good.

Went to the retirement game tonight and the crowd was nuts, there's real excitement for hockey again and I love it.

Also I want to have MacKinnon's babies. Plural.

Was Hejduk really worth a jersey retirement?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

D C posted:

Alex Tanguay had a prior commitment

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

D C posted:

1020 games and 802 points is pretty good with one team.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Freed from the anchor that is Matt Duchene.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/950033899786293248

I have questions, problems, and angry comments about this. And that's not even counting Dennis Seidenberg, first pairing defenseman.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Hejduk was good and has the added bonus of playing his entire career with Colorado.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Thufir posted:

1020 games and 802 points is pretty good with one team.

Add to that the Rocket Richard trophy he won in 02-03.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Fire Mike Babcock.

(I finally "get" HAS)

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

I thought Babcock is the best coach in the universe. What is wrong with him?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Hejduk's a weak retirement. Lot better than Bourque tho.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Which team is going to be the lesser shitshow: Wild or Flames? Gonna be in Minneapolis Tuesday and thinking of going.

Glass seats are lol expensive but there's some decent options in the corners from rows two through five and I do love watching the game in the corners.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Call Your Grandma posted:

Fire Mike Babcock.

(I finally "get" HAS)

Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know about bad management?

Bad management is the Cup drought, when the talent disappears for years and children are born and live and die without seeing a proper first line centre. That is the time of bad management, Call your Grandma, when the inept francophones pick up the telephone. Dozens of years ago there came a drought that lasted a generation. Goalies disappeared to win cups elsewhere, same as talent that was traded away for peanuts. And the women raised their babies as Nashville fans rather than see them starve for good hockey, and wept and felt the tears freeze on their cheeks.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Really weird to think that he's already been in the league for 5 seasons and he's only 22.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Emetic Hustler posted:

He's a good coach he just likes his veterans to a fault (like every NHL coach) and is trying to get the Leafs to play more defensively after giving up 5 goals a game earlier in the season, which is making them less explosive offensively. It's pretty much what any other coach would do anyway, so I don't know who would replace him and be an upgrade. At least he's giving Dermott a look and I think he looks good so far, so maybe he'll stay in the lineup.

Edit: He's trusting Matthews in big situations and even put Dermott and Rielly together in the last minute and a half to try and take the lead last game. He also put Nylander back with the top line (after having him on the 4th) thanks to Nylander's good play. So he's not against playing skill guys or going with young players if they deserve it. But he definitely has a blindspot with guys like Polak, Hainsey, Komarov and Martin. GRIT.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 7, 2018

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Babs is fine he just has a couple security blankets he won’t get rid of (Polak, Martin) and he’s on-record as saying that vets that are old and busted won’t ever lose their spots (Komarov).

His mannerisms and unwillingness to mix the lineup with young guys is frustrating but he hasn’t exactly been proved wrong for the rookies he hasn’t played and the team’s doing as well as can be expected.

One thing that isn’t being talked about much with the Leafs is that the injury bug people were calling for last season actually did hit, the team’s lost time from its centres and have a big injury on RD, the weakest areas of the roster to begin with. Considering they didn’t actually upgrade the team at all it’s progress just for them to be treading water relative to where they were last year.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Emetic Hustler posted:

You could say he loves grit players like Martin and Polak a little too much but that's any head coach. I have zero issues with Leafs management which after the dark days of Carlyle/Nonis is a fun thing to say

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I thought the consensus was that lou is an old dinosaur stuck in the past and needs to go.

Did something change?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

I thought the consensus was that lou is an old dinosaur stuck in the past and needs to go.

Did something change?

They have a good record so he's good now.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

JoelJoel posted:

Did something change?

Dubas balances the ages out to only 65

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

D C posted:

Meh, iffy at best, but I also didn't care, he was one of my favorite players, and I was able to wear my one of my favorite game useds to the game. Plus tickets were $23 to see a 7-2 rout that almost had a goalie fight. Worth it.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Hejduk won a cup, won a trophy (Richard), and played 1000+ games for the Avs. Definitely seems like the kind of a guy a franchise would honor. Similar to Adam Graves with the Rangers, though Hejduk was more acclaimed at a league level.

edit: Fun fact, when Hejduk led the league in goals, he was a second-team all-star behind Todd Bertuzzi.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hejduk was awesome. gently caress that Avs team forever but it was hard not to like him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Zodijackylite posted:

Hejduk won a cup, won a trophy (Richard), and played 1000+ games for the Avs. Definitely seems like the kind of a guy a franchise would honor. Similar to Adam Graves with the Rangers, though Hejduk was more acclaimed at a league level.

edit: Fun fact, when Hejduk led the league in goals, he was a second-team all-star behind Todd Bertuzzi.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say gently caress TODD BERTUZZI

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Even if each conference took 11 teams in the playoffs the Atlantic would only send 3. The Metro is a beast.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Slappy Pappy posted:

Even if each conference took 11 teams in the playoffs the Atlantic would only send 3. The Metro is a beast.

Tampa and Boston -> the Metro top 3 -> Toronto -> the rest of the Metro -> the rest of the Atlantic.

Looks like parity to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

JoelJoel posted:

Did something change?

Lou is bad and I hope he gets vanished when his contract is up. The Leafs need to upgrade on defence and I want those decisions way the gently caress away from Lou.

• Locked thread