Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

best matches in his NJPW run this decade are

vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (KOPW 2012)
vs. Yuji Nagata (Wrestle Kingdom 7 2013)
vs. AJ Styles (G1 Climax 24 2014)
vs. Kazuchika Okada (New Beginning 2017)
the Toru Yano series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

using my NJPW world subscription to watch Toru Yano vs. Colt Cabana

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

handsome only face posted:

using my NJPW world subscription to watch Toru Yano vs. Colt Cabana

:allears:

It's a thing of beauty.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Panama Red posted:

True, although there were a lot of things fundamentally wrong with NOAH as a promotion post-2012 that one man couldn't solve.

He came with an entire crew and a new booker though and business went down. Then look at Nagata who was just one guy and helped business a little.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

VOW just said there is nothing to their tweet about Elgin having re-signed.

New Japan doesn't offer 1 year deals anymore apparently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Then look at Nagata who was just one guy and helped business a little.

That's because Nagata loving rules forever, to be fair.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I can't take Jay White seriously because every picture of him and every video I've seen of him he just looks really worried all the time. Like he's scared his dad is going to come home and find some of his cigarettes missing and finds them in Jay's room or something

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

New Japan doesn't offer 1 year deals anymore apparently.

Oh yeah, they went longer term after the Nakamura/Styles/Guns & Gallows thing burned them, right?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kenny's re-up was 3 years, right

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Oh yeah, they went longer term after the Nakamura/Styles/Guns & Gallows thing burned them, right?

I thought it was just for top guys or guys WWE would been interested in.

Until now I didn't know it was a pretty much roster-wide thing.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm really sad that there is no way that we'll ever get to see Tanahashi vs. Cena because I think those two would have an absolutely incredible match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I'm really sad that there is no way that we'll ever get to see Tanahashi vs. Cena because I think those two would have an absolutely incredible match.

John Cena is a Free Agent!!!

To add to the factions stuff, it's also to add to certain guys beating the guys they are feuding with/going to start feuding with without actually hurting the losers momentum. Most team always has a fall guy that's easy to spot because of NJPW's booking. Like if there's a Jr heavyweight on a team full of heavyweights he's almost always going to take the fall.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

MassRafTer posted:

He came with an entire crew and a new booker though and business went down. Then look at Nagata who was just one guy and helped business a little.

To be fair, Nagata has had something of a renaissance in the 2010s, while Suzuki has been winding down; I will concede that "big-name draw" is a bit of a stretch. It's more accurate to say that he was easily a main eventer in the 2000s who has now settled into the upper mid-card, but who could still credibly be in the main event picture.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Panama Red posted:

To be fair, Nagata has had something of a renaissance in the 2010s, while Suzuki has been winding down; I will concede that "big-name draw" is a bit of a stretch. It's more accurate to say that he was easily a main eventer in the 2000s who has now settled into the upper mid-card, but who could still credibly be in the main event picture.

He's basically used as Kane is in WWE where he is thrust into a main event or two per year but for the most part just wreaks havoc on the mid card.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Except you want to watch him wreck havoc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Except you want to watch him wreck havoc

Please don't speak for me, I was a UWFi man.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Minoru Suzuki isn't the kind of guy I watch a New Japan show specifically to see, but that wonderful angry old man usually adds a lot to a show on the undercard.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MiSu probably can't go like he used to (there's a reason why all his matches are built around Suzuki-gun interference and convenient rest spots), but his aura/charisma is off the charts, and watching him play the crowd like a fiddle is just stunning.

He's pretty much in the exact spot he should be today, and it was long past time to drop the NEVER belt, but I always enjoy having him around.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 7, 2018

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm still high off of WK 12. Wrestling is so loving good right now.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Benne posted:

MiSu probably can't go like he used to (there's a reason why all his matches are built around Suzuki-gun interference and convenient rest spots), but his aura/charisma is off the charts, and watching him play the crowd like a fiddle is just stunning.

He's pretty much in the exact spot he should be today, and it was long past time to drop the NEVER belt, but I always enjoy having him around.

I feel blessed to have seen him perform live at ROH Chicago. So so so good.

NJPW is good. Wrestling is good.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

"Roguelikes"*

*Latest Fad
suzuki/okada from the g1 is criminally underrated. i think it’s just short of the okada/shibata and okada/omega II perfection but better than the g1 finals and just as good as the other 5-star matches NJPW’s had this year.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

handsome only face posted:

best matches in his NJPW run this decade are

vs. Yuji Nagata (Wrestle Kingdom 7 2013)

Which also needs the special live version of his entrance, found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0P-SgpwYnE

He's almost 50 years old but still the scariest person on the card. May not have made the live video version but after he shaved his own head, he was furious getting off the floor and it lasted until the preview video for the next match.

Suzuki is the good kind of old man in NJPW.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I also notice from WK that Will Ospreay got cup therapy on his shoulders.

Cup therapy is voodoo nonsense. I am disappointed in Ospreay.

(MassRafter feel free to correct me at any time)

Edit: this Jay White fella seems kinda lame. He looks like Becky’s husband from Roseanne.

fart blood fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 7, 2018

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Will Ospreay is already a Tory and a garbage boy so I don't know what you expected, sorry not all wrestlers are good people like Zach Sabre Jr. and David Starr.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On rewatching, I think the best part of the Naito/Jericho angle was the end, with Naito doing the fakeout with the chair and Chris smirking at the guts of this young prick.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Boco_T posted:

Will Ospreay is already a Tory

Godammit my new favourite wrestler is ruined :negative:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Godammit my new favourite wrestler is ruined :negative:

Don't worry, Hiromu and Daryl his mysterious masked feline companion won't let you down.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Thanks for all the Suzuki info guys. Looking forward to checking it all out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Don't worry, Hiromu and Daryl his mysterious masked feline companion won't let you down.

How does he feel about privatised railways?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jerichoooooo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

suzuki popped business in noah for the initial angle but he got undercut by the booking and it dragging on forever

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gaz-L posted:

you mean Daryl's associate, El genergato

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Kenny's re-up was 3 years, right

2, hes up at the end of the month

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

2, hes up at the end of the month

I don't imagine there's much chance he doesn't re-sign, though, or am I behind on rumours

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Juice Robinson in his interview with PWInsider said he got rid of social media simply because it is pointless and will only get you into trouble in this climate.

Thinks Dean Ambrose always had the right idea by holding off having an account for the longest.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

rovert posted:

Juice Robinson in his interview with PWInsider said he got rid of social media simply because it is pointless and will only get you into trouble in this climate.

Thinks Dean Ambrose always had the right idea by holding off having an account for the longest.

He's not wrong.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't imagine there's much chance he doesn't re-sign, though, or am I behind on rumours

Things can change (tm Big Dave) but from all reports he's going to resign.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

guys. please.

re-sign

resign

are two different words with complete opposite meanings. use them accordingly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm re-signed to people using words the wrong way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sl6rv1xL5Y