Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Lobster posted:

We will have to agree to disagree.

Not saying he's a bad guy, he's just a grampa. At least he's letting those darn kids have a turn with the flagship IPs and bringing back Metroid (even if it is a Prime game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

FireMrshlBill posted:

He can have a resting bitch face as much as he wants as long as he does Nintendo good.

This though. I have this. Maybe that's why I see that picture as a smile? I just got through a pre-practicum course of mock teaching and my constant feedback from (American) students was "You need to smile more." The foreign students thought I smiled a perfect amount though, and I'll be teaching foreign students, so who cares?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

The Lobster posted:

This though. I have this. Maybe that's why I see that picture as a smile? I just got through a pre-practicum course of mock teaching and my constant feedback from (American) students was "You need to smile more." The foreign students thought I smiled a perfect amount though, and I'll be teaching foreign students, so who cares?

I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are pleasant/nice enough otherwise. They'll be looking at the materials/whatnot anyways.

Mister Facetious posted:

Not saying he's a bad guy, he's just a grampa. At least he's letting those darn kids have a turn with the flagship IPs and bringing back Metroid (even if it is a Prime game).

Samus Returns was a remake, but it was a good test of the waters for new 2d adventures.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

FireMrshlBill posted:

Samus Returns was a remake, but it was a good test of the waters for new 2d adventures.

I don't own a 3DS, and I've owned and played the original Metroid 2. I can't wait for something new.

Aso, I'm a docked guy, so the bigger the screen, the better.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Had some friends over tonight and one of them had Crawl on his Switch (that he could easily bring over because it's a Switch, and good), and holy poo poo Crawl is extremely my jam. Bought it on mine as soon as they left. It's just as fun solo as it is with a group. It scratches multiple itches, from retro graphics to Lovecraftian aesthetics, it's got roguelike replayability, it's got evil Pokemon, god drat people, give Crawl a try it's only :15bux:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Why buy a car you can't ever take on the highway?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

More scans from the BotW artbook have come out, guess what Link has in common with Raiden

I would argue that this is not :nws:
https://i.imgur.com/llwr2H9.jpg

Someone, somewhere is going to read into this way too much.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I've watched way too many of those cleanprincegaming videos. They're all sort of boring and he cuts every video with scenes from Kenan and Kel, SpongeBob, Family Guy, and other kids shows.

But his voice is all right and he's not an rear end in a top hat so when I have nothing else to watch I put him on.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

veni veni veni posted:

Someone, somewhere is going to read into this way too much.

Linkle confirmed

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I got a Switch for Christmas, and got Super Mario Odyssey.

It's... Kind of a letdown from all the praise it gets?

The levels feel sort of needlessly large. Like the Sand Kingdom has this big temple but there's basically zero platforming involved so far...

Also the way you just kind of stumble onto piles of moons is sort of lame. It was an accomplishment to get a star in Galaxy, whereas moons are more like "oh I guess I needed those."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i felt the same till i mastered some of the hat jump dive combos and then realised it was the best mario in yonks. wooded kingdom was my favourite, but hey... not all games are for everyone

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Cuntellectual posted:

The levels feel sort of needlessly large. Like the Sand Kingdom has this big temple but there's basically zero platforming involved so far...

Also the way you just kind of stumble onto piles of moons is sort of lame. It was an accomplishment to get a star in Galaxy, whereas moons are more like "oh I guess I needed those."

Also it gets better once you finish the tutorial (aka the main story).

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Cuntellectual posted:

Sit back and relax and treat it more like Mario Kazooie for now, you’ll get your well-earned platforming moons laaaater

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cuntellectual posted:

Zam Wesell posted:

Also it gets better once you finish the tutorial (aka the main story).

It didn't for me. I kind of agree with the dude above. I haven't really gone back except for a couple levels since beating it. I never really got the hang of the crazy combos, either.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's ok to not like Super Mario Odyssey. You're objectively wrong but it's ok.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

I feel sorry for Zelda, Mipha, Paya, and Beedle.

I'm mad that Nintendo has never let us play as male Link

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

E:gently caress

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 7, 2018

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
E: loving

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 7, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Of course I have work THIS time :(

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
E: Bamboozled

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 7, 2018

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

That's not Nintendo's account.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Fake news

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Fake?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait to see what Nirtendo has in store for us!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Cruel.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

@NirtendoAmerica

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mister Facetious posted:

Yes, but Miyamoto liked him, and Iwata knew how to actually smile in public and have fun.

No one likes a grump.

Kimishima is shamelessly an rear end man

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nirntendo Reaped again

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I’m having fun playing video games on my Nirtendo Swartch

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Ermagerd, Nerterndo Swertch!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That's what I get for phone posting.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo announcing their streaming package, including, exclusively, The Gorilla Channel

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

*the direct starts, and Reggie walks into his living room and sees his switch laying on the ground turned on*

“SOMEBODY TOUCHA MY SWITCH”

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
they're going all in for these fakes, i expect a fake 2 hour video stream now with a ton of fake announcements and fake footage.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I spent $20,000 hiring Nintendo exec lookalikes, a professional video package, and a bunch of extras for an audience, but I tricked you idiots into thinking Halo is coming to Switch.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Steamworld Dig 2 is a fun game and it's only held back by the inability to attack while jumping. I just found the flame axe and I wasn't expecting to get an item like this. I'm excited to see what else there is to discover.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Still hoping that poo poo is the 11th because I won’t be working.

Cmon Reg.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

raditts posted:

For the couple of minutes until they become cold and inedible, yeah.

Invest in an air fryer. It can bring old fries back from the dead.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just got Enter the Gungeon. I’ve put an hour or two into it. As far as I can tell it doesn’t have its own thread. Is there anything at all that ever carries over? Or is every run started fresh? I guess you’re just supposed to get better and the first few floors become trivial? Or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wildtortilla posted:

Steamworld Dig 2 is a fun game and it's only held back by the inability to attack while jumping. I just found the flame axe and I wasn't expecting to get an item like this. I'm excited to see what else there is to discover.

If you could attack while jumping you could dig up, which would break the game.

You do eventually get a way to attack while jumping that doesn't dig, and late game you can unlock an upgrade that will dig while jumping

• Locked thread