Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Azura has the highest good art/bad character ratio.

Not to be confused with good art/bad person ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FartingBedpost posted:

Not to be confused with good art/bad person ratio.

That one is SCorrin

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

cheetah7071 posted:

That one is SCorrin

Funny way to spell Ryoma.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I'm mad about lissa losing partially because I like winter lissa but mostly I'm bitter that I have no azuras of any kind

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i rolled new years azura the other day and i don't even want to use her now. it's like. you betrayer

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have all 3 and I still picked Lissa because First Girl.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tae posted:

This thread is constantly living in its own weird bubble reality sometimes. Lissa was 56th in popularity. She is incredibly popular.

Lissa's popular, but she's up against characters who, on her side of the block, were much more popular. She didn't make the top ten for her gender, where Robin, Chrom, and Tharja all did. (Tharja scored higher than Roy.)

Unpopular is wrong, but she was certainly the underdog.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

UHD posted:

I'm mad about lissa losing partially because I like winter lissa but mostly I'm bitter that I have no azuras of any kind

I've rolled 3 Azuras

They're all PAzuras :(

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Finally pity broken on news years banner didn't get azura but I can't be mad about getting brave ike.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
very tempted to give the armor slaying weapons to the askr trio so I don't have to worry about that poo poo

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I really don’t mind Azura and actually quite like her outside of Fate’s dumb story. When she’s not forced to give exposition on an incredibly dumb plot and tell Corrin that he/she is great even though they constantly gently caress up, she’s a pretty fun character. Her supports with Sakura, Kaden, Laslow and Arthur are all great - though to be fair, everyone is great with Arthur.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How many people here actually used Valter

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Tired Moritz posted:

How many people here actually used Valter

I 5*ed him some time ago, so he's now part of my flier team. He's.. okay. With darting blow and flier buffs he doubles everything.

e: oo, with the heavy blade seal (and probably hone fliers) he'll get an ignis off on the second attack if the enemy can retaliate.

valuum fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 7, 2018

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Valter's okay, he just needs QR and he'll be functional. I use him regularly in AA as a red counter. (that's not named Ayra) His weapon's amazing but his base stats are mediocre so it kinda balances out. I haven't used him in a flier team though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I wasn't playing when Valter was out and he's one of the more memorable FE8 characters and I wish I had him

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Valter was my mvp back when he was released because he was one of the few with speed and bulk at the time for a flier.

I threw lancebreaker on him, but nowadays nazura is my flier forever.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Valter is Subaki 2.0, basically. He does the same stuff with the same builds, but with an added bonus of an attack score good enough to take down most lancers that tangle with him as well. He's Flier Emblem's defensive melee bait if you either don't have Michalis or need to take down high end reds.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Murderion posted:

Valter is Subaki 2.0, basically. He does the same stuff with the same builds, but with an added bonus of an attack score good enough to take down most lancers that tangle with him as well. He's Flier Emblem's defensive melee bait if you either don't have Michalis or need to take down high end reds.

Valter is way slower compared to a +SPD Subaki though

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Im pretty sure the answer is no, but does vengeful fighter and steady breath stack to give +1 special on both taking hits and giving them? I see a lot of talk about steady breath/aether LB dragons but I don’t see how you get it to proc every combat with the -1 from LB.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Murderion posted:

Quick Riposte +ATK Subaki with a special takes out quite a few lances to be honest. It's harder with the inflated HP scores now, but easy Bonfire on every counterattack racks up the damage.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Andrast posted:

Valter is way slower compared to a +SPD Subaki though

Any Subaki that isn't +atk is going to have a serious problem with killing things.

Don't get me wrong, Subaki's great and he was the first 5* I got from the Gacha, it's just that Valter's problems are easier and cheaper to fix.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Default Fury 2, Killing weapon cooldown, and had Panic Ploy back when Seals weren't even a thing.

He got less important as more things got released to basically customize any unit into anything, but he was better than Subaki for a lot of reasons.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
As a proud owner of a +8 Subaki (who will be +10 as soon as I get 34k more feathers), he really wants +ATK way more than SPD or DEF. The only reason to go DEF is if you're going full DEF Ignis tank, otherwise he's plenty fast and bulky as it is (the only unit that can double him outside of Brave or Lancebreaker at base SPD is Ayra).

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 7, 2018

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Is the bug where you can't see tooltips on skills during battle still there for everyone (maybe just on iOS?), or has it been fixed and I need to reinstall?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Actias posted:

Is the bug where you can't see tooltips on skills during battle still there for everyone (maybe just on iOS?), or has it been fixed and I need to reinstall?

Report it, get free orbs

Also goddamn we are in a content drought

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Any advice for my Soleil? I’m pretty set on her running Firesweep because it’s fun rather than the most viable. Want to +10 her eventually but I’ve only rolled 2 extras :(

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Man I hope they do a Children of Awakening banner next. It's been too long since we've gotten something fresh added to the general summoning pool.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Man I hope they do a Children of Awakening banner next. It's been too long since we've gotten something fresh added to the general summoning pool.

Watch them do this and add Owain, Severa, and Inigo.

(That'd be fine with me, though.)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Unless the banner has a dragon in it I'm not interested

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I keep saying, put in Inigo, Brady, Cynthia, and Kjelle, give them all blue hair and have them introduce themselves as Chrom's son/daughter

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

THE loving MOON posted:

Honestly I might actually be okay with them not adding any more new units until they figure out the rarity situation over the anniversary.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

Unless the banner has a dragon in it I'm not interested

Nah :shepface:

I wonder where she ranks among awakening kids on the popularity chart.

Emalde posted:

Honestly I might actually be okay with them not adding any more new units until they figure out the rarity situation over the anniversary.

Good point. The 4 and 3 star pools badly need to be expanded. It's not like I'm really playing this a lot atm, I can't even be bothered to do the Eirika/Ephraim thingy. It'd be cool if more multimerge projects were made viable though, I've got a few good options but nothing that really grabs me.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 7, 2018

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Give me Micaiah

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I didn't know people liked Azura and Ryoma until the last two voting gauntlets.

I actually suspect most people were like me, who is new to the series. I initially liked Azura because her design was pretty with that flowy thing going on, and Ryoma's getup was uh, memorable at least. From the ingame FEH blurbs about them and without knowing much about their actual characters, Azura seemed to have this quiet strength about her going on (which I do appreciate), whereas Ryoma had the generic honorable leader/warrior thing at least I guess?

Then I learned more about both of their characters from the games and found them less and less likeable. A true accomplishment indeed.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

TheKingofSprings posted:

Give me Micaiah

not emptyquoting

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Report it, get free orbs

Also goddamn we are in a content drought

They already know. I think that, along with being unable to inherit upgraded refined weapons (Slaying Edge+ made from Killing Edge+, for example) without the prerequisite base form (which makes inheriting Guard Bow+ impossible because Guard Bow doesn’t exist), is to be fixed in 2.1.0.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Unrelated, but re: complaints about Fateswakening seasonals, I was reading some interesting fan theories.

In addition to the obvious incentive to push their best-selling recent games, perhaps one reason they've been hesitant on releasing bikini Hector or whatever, was out of respect for the older games and game designers. Since FEH is more likely to share designers with more recent games, it's 'safer' to put bunny ears on Chrom than to risk denigrating the work of the generation of artists before them.

Does read somewhat as an apologist to me, but certainly a take I hadn't considered.

Anyway, pretty sure the Fateswakening streak will stop later this year as we all collectively migraine over the FE Switch seasonals, which will also happen to be the new Worst Game Ever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

facepalmolive posted:

Anyway, pretty sure the Fateswakening streak will stop later this year as we all collectively migraine over the FE Switch seasonals, which will also happen to be the new Worst Game Ever.

I will be too busy playing FE Switch to care

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
They put Lyn in a wedding dress, I don't think that's likely their concern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's a dumb theory because almost all the artists have returned to do art. Hell, some of the ones from the gameboy era did one for Awakening I.E. Ryoma. It's just popularity, like how Saber in FGO has 2 billion variants.