Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Loool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

this lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Opie recently bet someone $10,000 to see if Howard knew who he was or not

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

spudsbuckley posted:

Anthony has offered $5000 to anyone that can get the O&A subreddit shut down because they made fun of the fact that he allegedly hadn't visited his mother for quite some time before she died.

He needs a break. The poor fucker is coming off the rails big-time.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyCumiaxyz/status/949916060995784705

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaa

Pests, attack!!!!!!!!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ronnie saying he wasn't funny anymore because of the race obsession has really hosed him up.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh man when he said I'm still hilarious and Ron didn't even look at him

Ouchhh

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i will also give 5k to whoever destroys reddit. you have to take down the whole site tho

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

spudsbuckley posted:

Ronnie saying he wasn't funny anymore because of the race obsession has really hosed him up.

"I'm still hilarious!

:smith:"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He’s still funny but he’s getting what he’s got coming for being involved with people like the denture smacking old man who drives a car with skull stickers all over it that hates black people

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

jerkstoresup posted:

since nobody else posted it yet: Ronnie B vs guy who is only interested in reciting race statistics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jfSr49VqJY&t=3339s

It's worth watching from the time Flaherty sits down, because all he does is sit silently and grit his teeth until he interjects with unrelated agenda. But the tension starts around 55 minutes. Anthony handled it terribly; should've either took a side, let them argue it out, or not have them together in the first place. Although this is the week his mother died, floundering without Artie and probably hungover.

Hahaha holy poo poo. Ronnie owns. Good on him for calling out Ant too

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

Anthony has offered $5000 to anyone that can get the O&A subreddit shut down because they made fun of the fact that he allegedly hadn't visited his mother for quite some time before she died.

He needs a break. The poor fucker is coming off the rails big-time.
didn't he always talk about how his mom drove him insane and how he always had to deal with a bunch of poo poo because of her? :confused:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CrashCat posted:

didn't he always talk about how his mom drove him insane and how he always had to deal with a bunch of poo poo because of her? :confused:

That was the late Gregory Hughes and his mother.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

who was the one with the three rights make a left and the box of wine then

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CrashCat posted:

who was the one with the three rights make a left and the box of wine then

Ants mother-in-law Judy.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I've never seen this joke before but I"ve never laughed so hard at post-2014 material

:roflolmao:

Edit: Turns out the original line was referring to that very thing too. :pseudo:

Morter fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 7, 2018

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

Ants mother-in-law Judy.

well at least it was someone's mother, i was afraid i hit further off than that

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Yeah, Ant liked his mom a lot, from what I remember, but I think he just couldn't handle seeing her with dementia/alzheimers which I very much understand.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Victorkm posted:

Yeah, Ant liked his mom a lot, from what I remember, but I think he just couldn't handle seeing her with dementia/alzheimers which I very much understand.

Severe alzheimers in a loved one is heartbreaking and some people just can't handle the interactions. Ant has always seemed like the type of person who tries to evade all emotional things anyway, so his reaction makes sense. Not to say it was the right thing to do, but that happens.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

The truth loving hurts. And even Ant has to realize it on some level with his 'I know what Opie did now' phrasing. And I'm glad Ant tossed off the right-wing humorless douche as well in favor of Ron: hopefully it was something that will eventually lead him to a better life and maybe better radio.

And let's be fair, that Colin guy was pretty much Ant during his rants in 2014 before he got his rear end canned: humorless, angry, and dense. Humor requires insight that Ant has and I hope he starts making a change...even if he doesn't, he should. All of this madness has gone on for too long.

Edit: Decided to check out Wikipedia because Colin Flaherty types often use it as a free billboard for their idiocy, and came across this entry in his bizarrely titled book. It's most famous for it's bigotry (no shock) and...well, you read it.

The book so funny he forgot to edit!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 8, 2018

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
one of my favorite things on r&f was that fez would buy breakfast for pepper every morning unless he was angry at him over something dumb so for a while ron would start every show by asking him if he had eaten breakfast and if the answer was 'no' then he'd immediately play hunger strike by temple of the dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps

feigning interest fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 14, 2018

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I am the egg man

FEZ!

We are the egg man

FEZ!!!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
A lot of old Ron and Fez bits still crack me up, like the Ani DiFranco drop which got quite a lot of use during the early XM days

Also it blows my mind every time Harry T is in now which has been a couple times on Bennington because I thought all the poo poo about him being the worst super unfunny intern was like a total shoot and now I think maybe it was a work? Or I mean maybe he just stopped being awful but it's still crazy to me

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
So where does the "gently caress Ron Bennington" drop come from? Any story or lore?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Morter posted:

So where does the "gently caress Ron Bennington" drop come from? Any story or lore?

Jim said it sarcastically once.

Actually, I think they were trying to get Dave to say it on O&A.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Jim said it sarcastically once.

Actually, I think they were trying to get Dave to say it on O&A.

I wish I could find the drop but it doesn't sound like Jim to me

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

feigning interest posted:

one of my favorite things on r&f was that fez would buy breakfast for pepper every morning unless he was angry at him over something dumb so for a while ron would start every show by asking him if he had eaten breakfast and if the answer was 'no' then he'd immediately play hunger strike by temple of the dog

lmao I was not aware this was a thing but that's hilarious

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

I wish I could find the drop but it doesn't sound like Jim to me

It's Jim 100% I remember it happening

He was saying it in the context of like "gently caress ron bennington for being so funny"

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bobo was on the latest Chip Podacast and it is loving hilarious.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

spudsbuckley posted:

Bobo was on the latest Chip Podacast and it is loving hilarious.

He out chipped chip, that’s hard to do, some say impossible.

Ant has become the Donald Trump of Radio.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 16, 2018

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Looking great.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
the gang is back together

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
I'm going to be the two heads melding next to Penguin's hat. Also the face on the plate girl next to Joker is holding.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

Looking great.

Why did he go bald so quickly? Did he get hair plugs and they fell off? Either way, just take some trimmers and go completely bald. It's better than 'comedy witch from Looney Tunes' that he's been rocking for a bit.

To Battle posted:

Ant has become the Donald Trump of Radio.

Wait, so now he's saying it's wrong to be racist and harassing? Did Ron going on his show and telling him to stop the racism poo poo really work?!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ol yeller posted:

the gang is back together

Glad to see Ronnie B and Shelby finally buried the hatchet

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Reince Penis posted:

Glad to see Ronnie B and Shelby finally buried the hatchet

I'm still baffled that they hired him as a tech person when he's strictly someone who belongs on a mic and nothing more. Yeah, you could train him, but relying on a drunk and a mentally disturbed lunatic isn't going to help.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Classic Shelb

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

Classic Shelb

Also, it didn't help that he was probably fired not for being a tech-type but because Fez didn't want Ron to have another possible gay sidekick to replace him. Despite the fact Fez never talked and now is rotting away in Florida, waiting to die as he morphs into an abusive old woman.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
https://youtu.be/U0k9G9k8MR0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Also, it didn't help that he was probably fired not for being a tech-type but because Fez didn't want Ron to have another possible gay sidekick to replace him. Despite the fact Fez never talked and now is rotting away in Florida, waiting to die as he morphs into an abusive old woman.

A friend of mine ran into Fez not even a month ago in line to see The Last Jedi and he looked great and was very nice!