Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Smellyhead posted:

What's the ruling on number of techs and how many times you can get suspended etc. At his current rate I feel like Draymond should miss at least 6 games by the end of the season. He blows up at the drop of a hat over the tiniest/stupidest things.

Imagine if they actually gave Draymond all the techs he should be given. He'd never get to play.

whiggles posted:

I appreciate that Draymond isn't making it personal and singling out the refs he has a problem with and instead is proposing they just go ahead and fire every single one. a man of principle

I'm not the problem, it's every ref.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

El Gallinero Gros posted:

...I kinda want him in a Raps uni, his versatility and his per 36 numbers could help them in some trouble areas

Yeah he could help shore up a lot of bench squads. I wouldn't trust him to be my full-time combo guard but he's made some genuine strides this season

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spacebump posted:

Imagine if they actually gave Draymond all the techs he should be given. He'd never get to play.

Nah, it'd just be more arbitrary and dumb, like techs generally are.

Like with Timmy D.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tae posted:

Literally fine every single player that talks to a ref during the game 5 million dollars per second. I loving hate every single one of them trying to change a call which has never worked in like 50 years.

Watching Wade was infuriating for reasons other than being a lovely player taking up Jimmy's shots.

They don't change the call itself but you are nuts if you don't think it makes a difference

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is extremely cool to me when dwyane wade is called for a foul and then goes over to yell at the ref and then fill out a notarized complaint about the call while on the phone with his legal team and meanwhile the guy he is supposed to be guarding has 13 dunks

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Panzeh posted:

Nah, it'd just be more arbitrary and dumb, like techs generally are.

Like with Timmy D.

ok jesus christ you got me im infuriated that you compared timmy d's doing nothing at all tech to draymond just actually covering a ref in spittle and giving them tinnitus and still not getting a tech

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

ok jesus christ you got me im infuriated that you compared timmy d's doing nothing at all tech to draymond just actually covering a ref in spittle and giving them tinnitus and still not getting a tech

You sound like a frothing dipshit.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
getting a whole new group of refs worked out really well for the nfl

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

CerealCrunch posted:

No, that's Starbucks' new latte.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I would make a joke about all the Lakers and Kings fans who infested Oracle back in the day but most warriors fans probably weren't around the last time those teams were good

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

No, that's Starbucks' new latte.

The dipshit isn't even really organic in that ya know

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People born the last time the Kings were in the playoffs would be ready to graduate high school

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tae posted:

People born the last time the Kings were in the playoffs would be ready to graduate high school

those are some smart as hell 11 year olds

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spoeank posted:

those are some smart as hell 11 year olds

He means the Kansas City Kings. They are turning 40 this year, and finally decided to go back for their GEDs.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

CerealCrunch posted:

lmao

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

CerealCrunch posted:

go back to pyf

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Lockback posted:

He means the Kansas City Kings. They are turning 40 this year, and finally decided to go back for their GEDs.

good for them. It's never too late for an education :)

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I've reported everyone on this page for having a flame war

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Guys

Guys

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/950181428079288320

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I've reported everyone on this page for having a flame war

save your reports for the true evil in this world, people who have different opinions than you about bitcoin

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I watched Boban plop in like 5 of these last night

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/950024233203113984

Now that the bad posts have past, enjoy the velvety laugh of the best announcer in basketball

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Draymond is mad. He’s a fuckin crawdad

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

WhyteRyce posted:

I would make a joke about all the Lakers and Kings fans who infested Oracle back in the day but most warriors fans probably weren't around the last time those teams were good

this is true

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Thunder lose to the most random of teams consistently

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

The Thunder lose to the most random of teams consistently

it keeps us humble

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Brolander posted:

Draymond is mad. He’s a fuckin crawdad

To be fair 90% of his game is being extremely mad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah he could help shore up a lot of bench squads. I wouldn't trust him to be my full-time combo guard but he's made some genuine strides this season

Not really. His shooting always starts off hot like this and then craters as the season goes on and he tires and reverts to his lean back shooting form.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They don't change the call itself but you are nuts if you don't think it makes a difference

Casey and Lowry are constantly working the refs and the Raptors apparently too often get non-calls or bad calls against. But that might just be the announcers being kinda homers colouring my perspective.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Only surprise is that it took this long.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I'm not the problem, it's every ref.

lol
Reminds me of something I heard from somewhere:

If you smell poo poo, someone nearby probably stepped in poo poo.
But if you smell poo poo everywhere you go, you're the one that stepped in poo poo.

Profound. Changed my life.

(I'm sure it's ripped from something else.)

I miss KG playing :(

He's got his own show and it's definitely something, but it just ain't the same.

E: Also, the only way to get good reffing is to get refs who aren't fans of the sport or had pro NBA aspirations. Literally someone who hates the sport, and all the players equally, reffing it. Try to argue a call? Doesn't matter, I literally hate you.

E2: spelling, grammar, structure, had a few soz

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 8, 2018

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
So, like, Bulls fans?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lamar isn't wholly wrong, like Walton has lost the team, but like, you could better argue that the franchise has lost the team. They've basically created a situation where 2/3rd of the team has been told that no matter how well they play, they can't earn more minutes, they can't get a bigger role with the team, and they're gone next season. And if you don't kiss the ring of a guy who has failed at everything basketball related since the mid 90s, you get sent home or sent away. It's a pretty toxic environment. Blowing out the Hawks might help a little but it probably won't help a lot.

I'm normally the first person to say "if the coach loses the team he has to go no matter how good of a coach it is" but there is no way that this team succeeds under any coach.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/950233439021670400

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Sam Hinkie still doesn't Hhahsshhahzzuzid

ihigvehsshggpabxkrozidihihssuwzua

It's loving ridiculous.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's loving ridiculous.

How drunk are you?

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's loving ridiculous.

agreed

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

The Glumslinger posted:

How drunk are you?

Not drunk enough to draft a Ball family member and employ Magic.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I would say the Lakers were probably better off keeping the FO that brought them 5 championships but that same FO also gave Mozgov 'Mozgov money' and are paying for Luol Deng to sit on the bench and traded away their 2018 pick so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

I would say the Lakers were probably better off keeping the FO that brought them 5 championships but that same FO also gave Mozgov 'Mozgov money' and are paying for Luol Deng to sit on the bench and traded away their 2018 pick so :shrug:

Yes?

edit: holy loving Christ phone.

they've made drastic changes, but they're still stuck in an organizational malaise.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 8, 2018

• Locked thread