Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

evoking an esper is easy, all you have to do is use Marie to keep a Garnet with Prodigy's Goggles alive :v:

Evoking an Esper is easy, all you have to do is have Marie, Tillith or Ayaka keep your DPS alive long enough to generate the Esper crystals with autoattacks.

Cobalt60 posted:

Thanks for this and to others who replied. Sounds like I should be happy about Roy, but it'll be tough getting over my sunk-cost fallacy with Soleil.

I don't have a Roy, so I don't regret Soleil's expense at all. Just need more crysts...

Cobalt60 posted:

Seven stars are not coming to Global at all, according to prediction

Cobalt60 posted:

my prediction

lol

jetz0r posted:

I wouldn't bother enhancing either, maybe once 7* comes out you can enhance the one you want to promote. If you actually want to use one, and it really makes sense to have in your teams, you can do for one right now. But I maxed one out after his enhancements came out, and the only action he's seen is on expeditions.

Mostly I was asking how enhancements affect 7* units... it's too soon to weigh the bench down with the Gil and crysts in his pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This is a double post, but it's about Kong's Knight and I felt my previous post was going on too long with the replies.

They're doing a FFBE event in Kong's Knight right now, you can get Rain (a Warrior,) his Crimson Saber and Insignia, Fina (a Wizard) and her Reincarnation... bowstaff(?) and Insignia, and Nichol (a Gigant, or "Tank," as Gigants class ability is popping shields) his Libro Tactica, and Buckle. And a Lasswel's Insignia, and Lid's Chocobuddy.

I erased my game (there's a password account recovery option I neglected to use when I deleted my game months ago) so I had to start over.

They give you enough premium currency to do do two 11-pulls after about five minutes of tutorial (mostly loading screens) and now I have 7 (nearly two full crews) 4-star characters. You can only promote a character once, so it's basically the equivalent if a starting team of 5* units in this game.

The gameplay is pretty much an updated King's Knight, check it out on YouTube or something.

There are no energy orbs or anything like that. You can play till your eyeballs fall out, but you may hit some roadblocks if you didn't get a full crew of 4* units to start. Each day has a different grinding dungeon for different elemental orbs.

Just... putting it all out there.

It's got actual multiplayer in it. Noctis and his crew seem to like it, but they may Be contractually obligated to.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily gently caress Toby

E:Noctis looks creepy as gently caress shilling Kings Knight. Also No Collabs meh

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 6, 2018

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Noct and his pals are hooked!

(grimaces fiercely)

(grimaces toothily)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Macro didn't crash at all last night!... Too bad I had the wrong party running it. :downs:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

hamsystem posted:

Macro didn't crash at all last night!... Too bad I had the wrong party running it. :downs:

lol, same

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I pulled Ray Jack off the daily today! Gonna get a free 40% ATK with Helm materia which is a-ok with me!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

These bastards are gonna get me. I was thinking "don't buy a thing 'til the Fountain of Lapis comes back, send a message" but I want some of these TMRs and the Gold Chest has me currently tricked into thinking of it as maybe worth something

But drat it the Fountain of Lapis should return. That felt like a pretty cheap pull (even if in the end I got nothing on-banner from it - such is gacha I guess, just as likely to get dick from a 5K now too but I'm feeling like a sucker right now)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 7, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
All you guys talking about sending the wrong team to macro over night got me to do it today.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

And I thought the two hours I had done it last night was bad.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily gently caress Toby

Also did they have this same event in Japan right now or did they have it earlier?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Bedile'd. The best daily.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
My last three pulls on the King's Knight banner have been FF6 characters(Gau, Leo, Gau).

This is now officially the FF6 event.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Armitage posted:

My last three pulls on the King's Knight banner have been FF6 characters(Gau, Leo, Gau).

This is now officially the FF6 event.

This but Type 0, like every event pull is

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I did 1 pull the other day, got Toby...swore off pulling for the remainder.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

WebDO posted:

This but Type 0, like every event pull is

I agree! However I haven't actually had a type-0 unit pulled so far on this banner somehow.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Shoenin posted:

Daily gently caress Toby

Also did they have this same event in Japan right now or did they have it earlier?
They're having it right now but everyone but the 5* are different in rarity and much more useless than our versions because of the 7* meta over there.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

They're having it right now but everyone but the 5* are different in rarity and much more useless than our versions because of the 7* meta over there.

so did japan do anything regarding time limited units 7* or did they just go "gently caress you, you got two weeks to pull them twice"?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Tengames posted:

so did japan do anything regarding time limited units 7* or did they just go "gently caress you, you got two weeks to pull them twice"?

Time limited 5* do indeed get 7* forms. Most review sites are classifying Ray Jack as a hard pass on JP side *because* he isn't on a step up. Pull for Toby (who is 6* and has a dodge & counter materia TM over there), then go back to trying to get Ignis for his godlike battle cooking skills. Besides being a stellar character, Ignis has a +145 ATK/MAG sword for an STMR. The Fryevias and Kunshiras of the world will be wanting that.

7* for our Ray Jack probably won't happen until they repeat the event. NieR is also likely to repeat after 7* goes live to give people a reason to whale for A2/2B again. Maybe loot box legislation/self-regulation will formally pass by then, forcing Gumi to be a 'lil more generous? :iiam:

Varance fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 7, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Varance posted:

NieR is also likely to repeat after 7* goes live to give people a reason to whale for A2/2B again. Maybe loot box legislation/self-regulation will formally pass by then, forcing Gumi to be a 'lil more generous? :iiam:

God I hope this happens. At the very least it'll force Gumi to post their on-banner vs. off-banner rates, which hopefully will push them to actually fix their horseshit rates like JP did to be a bit more fair.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I wonder if they'll ever make a mechanic to let you use all the unit XP that goes to waste from, well, all content where you use a real team. Maybe a build-a-cactuar workshop or something. But I guess that would make the grind for XP better, therefore must be avoided at all costs.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The dream would be Nier coming back after Step-ups get introduced to Global, and then having its own Step-up banner for A2/2B.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

For fucks sake, the exp you get from doing those fights is so pathetic that the tedium of going through any steps to recycle it would be worthless given how the cactuars rain now days.

Ive got like 100 cactuars stored up that I'm pumping into units that I'll never use because I'm running out of space for turtle farming.

My nyx has gone from like level 70-90 doing expeditions because I'm too lazy to level him with cactuars because he's always in an expedition and is resent immediately after coming back.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Another Event with No Bonus Units? Off to a great start this year, Gumi!

Also, add me to the gently caress Daily Toby group.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Kheldarn posted:

Another Event with No Bonus Units? Off to a great start this year, Gumi!

Also, add me to the gently caress Daily Toby group.

We don’t ever have bonus units in raids?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No and thank god :v:

My hope is that they are making ray jack absolute trash so that no one asks them to bring this poo poo banner back when 7* come out. Just loving leave him in the dumpster it cant be salvaged.

Also instead, have the Seiken Densetsu and Star Ocean banner happen AFTER 7*s hit Gumi, unless you hate money that is.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 8, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BDawg posted:

We don’t ever have bonus units in raids?

No? poo poo. OK, that's on me then. But still, gently caress Daily Kunta Kintae Toby.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No and thank god :v:

My hope is that they are making ray jack absolute trash so that no one asks them to bring this poo poo banner back when 7* come out. Just loving leave him in the dumpster it cant be salvaged.

Also instead, have the Seiken Densetsu and Star Ocean banner happen AFTER 7*s hit Gumi, unless you hate money that is.

I hope you mean just secreat of mana, seiken densentsu 3's banner rotated over several days becuase of the multiple base 5*s on it, that would be absolutely cruel to anyone wanting to pull for a 7*

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tengames posted:

I hope you mean just secreat of mana, seiken densentsu 3's banner rotated over several days becuase of the multiple base 5*s on it, that would be absolutely cruel to anyone wanting to pull for a 7*

Secret of Mana needs to come back because I really need another chance to not get Dirty Randi

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe it'll come back next month, when the SOM remake launches?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tengames posted:

No I mean SD3 because I want to roll for Reisz but not if shes going to keep being a mediocre buffer that can be easily substituted by our Soleil

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Banner's going rough for me so far, only off-banner yellows. Not now! There's no time ;_;

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm just killing it on on-banner poo poo 5* units. 1/2 price and rando tix get me Ray Jack, Nyx, Gladiolus, Loren, and Ice Laswell. Multiple 11 pulls on Cloud, Ayaka, Nier, GLS, and Tidus banners got nuttin'. I mean that's how it works, but still. Don't even remind me of never pulling Tillith but getting Vargas and Elza.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Hey guys, guess who's getting enhancements?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egjOByW8npw

Ramza, Aileen, Fohlen, and some others.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh gently caress i have to go back to the support cryst mines after i just spent a bunch of them thinking "heh ramza enhancements yea right :smug:"

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
So Enhanced Ramza is better than Roy in that he's got all his stuff up front, whereas Roy's better after ramping up?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Gonna just blow all my NRG recovery items tonight on these gil snappers because I only have 6 mil gil and three loving Aileens to enhance.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I'm using refresh pots to stock up on gil because I want to do Ramza for sure, and... eventually grind out at least one of Eileen or Fohlen depending. Probably Fohlen, love the chocabo and he's potted up

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Man am I glad I spent ~180 NRG pots getting 11 million gil from the Gil Snapper Cave.

There's literally no way I have enough crysts to fully awaken Ramza and Aileen. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm sure I have nowhere near enough materials to enhance Ramza's abilities.

• Locked thread