Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
After 40 games the Blazers are still 26th in offense and 5th in defense, which is bizarre as all hell given their personnel and past history and I can't figure out how that's happening.

Also the Kings are currently 30th in both offense and defense.

http://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

JesusSinfulHands posted:

After 40 games the Blazers are still 26th in offense and 5th in defense, which is bizarre as all hell given their personnel and past history and I can't figure out how that's happening.

Also the Kings are currently 30th in both offense and defense.

http://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

I'm honestly amazed they've won as many games as they've had because statistically they are a terrible team and it shows when they got blown out by poo poo teams. But somehow they defy numbers and randomly knock off the Cavs or Warriors or go .500 on road trips

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Go go Sacra-mento!
Ooh ooh ooooh oooh oooh
Go go Sacra-mento!
Ooh ooh ooooh oooh oooh
Go go Sacra-mento!
You no-O, no-D Sacra-mentoooohh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rick posted:

Lamar isn't wholly wrong, like Walton has lost the team, but like, you could better argue that the franchise has lost the team. They've basically created a situation where 2/3rd of the team has been told that no matter how well they play, they can't earn more minutes, they can't get a bigger role with the team, and they're gone next season. And if you don't kiss the ring of a guy who has failed at everything basketball related since the mid 90s, you get sent home or sent away. It's a pretty toxic environment. Blowing out the Hawks might help a little but it probably won't help a lot.

I'm normally the first person to say "if the coach loses the team he has to go no matter how good of a coach it is" but there is no way that this team succeeds under any coach.

Yeah I hate that crap with teams that are obviously tanking. It must be incredibly frustrating not knowing your minutes. The Kings, Suns, and Lakers have maddening lineups that constantly change every game with each team dishing out their own versions of random benchings.

The Suns can't even settle on if they want to give up on Len, give Chriss minutes, have Chandler out there winning games, or show off Monroe for trade bait. The Lakers built themselves a weird transition team that isn't taking advantages of any one aspect besides trying to run people out of the gym. It's great to have the highest pace in the league especially when your teams so young but no ones learning or getting better. The team just isn't gelling. The Kings are the exact opposite. They've fallen back on Z-Bo grinding with energy off the bench. IE an exact replica of Memphis with worse starpower. Their roster should be one of the faster ones in the league but Joerger has slowed them down to a snails pace.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm honestly amazed they've won as many games as they've had because statistically they are a terrible team and it shows when they got blown out by poo poo teams. But somehow they defy numbers and randomly knock off the Cavs or Warriors or go .500 on road trips

Seems like the Kings lead the NBA in net rating in the clutch :confused:

https://stats.nba.com/teams/clutch-advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That's one thing that Hoiberg got better at. Now that they finally have the okay to lose

Hoiberg is letting Dunn play through his turnovers. Dunn knows his minutes are gonna be around the same regardless of how well or how poorly he's playing

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Sam Hinkie still doesn't Hhahsshhahzzuzid

ihigvehsshggpabxkrozidihihssuwzua

It's loving ridiculous.

This post is the loving best.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

Lamar isn't wholly wrong, like Walton has lost the team, but like, you could better argue that the franchise has lost the team. They've basically created a situation where 2/3rd of the team has been told that no matter how well they play, they can't earn more minutes, they can't get a bigger role with the team, and they're gone next season. And if you don't kiss the ring of a guy who has failed at everything basketball related since the mid 90s, you get sent home or sent away. It's a pretty toxic environment. Blowing out the Hawks might help a little but it probably won't help a lot.

I'm normally the first person to say "if the coach loses the team he has to go no matter how good of a coach it is" but there is no way that this team succeeds under any coach.

Magic Johnson ruined Lakers basketball.

I am also becoming a conspiracy theorist. I truly believe that Lavar Ball is holding the Ball brothers' mother hostage as leverage to get them to do what he wants.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 8, 2018

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

JesusSinfulHands posted:

I dunno, I think it makes some sense given their roster. There really isn't a lot of offense there, especially with Crabbe and Plumlee gone. Lotta defense first guys.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

leftist heap posted:

I dunno, I think it makes some sense given their roster. There really isn't a lot of offense there, especially with Crabbe and Plumlee gone. Lotta defense first guys.

No one can loving shoot outside of Lillard, McCollum, Napier, and occasionally Pat Connaughton.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The Lakers being trash is good for America.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/950268786942337025

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/950251575670333441

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Papercut posted:

No one can loving shoot outside of Lillard, McCollum, Napier, and occasionally Pat Connaughton.

Lillard missing a bunch of games hasn't helped either. The Blazers are also dead last in assists which is indicative of the poor offensive system that results in too many iso plays and bail out shots.

This is a weird team.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

News: Knicks blew a 13 point lead

Views: Of course they did

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Who did the Lakers trade their 2018 pick for?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Who did the Lakers trade their 2018 pick for?

Steve Nash

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's DMC pouting for a full minute after a no-call against the *squints at uniforms* University of Oregon.

https://streamable.com/8qr8z

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Steve Nash

lol

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

euphronius posted:

Steve Nash

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

zoux posted:

Here's DMC pouting for a full minute after a no-call against the *squints at uniforms* University of Oregon.

https://streamable.com/8qr8z

Remember how I was talking about poor transition defense? Cousins is the biggest offender, but Davis does it a lot, too. Rondo is also bad at paying attention on defense.

This team does not play with a sense of urgency when things are going poorly. It's annoying and I hate them for it.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

euphronius posted:

Steve Nash

The Landry Fields signing continues to rule.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

February 19, 2015: As part of a 3-team trade, [MCW] traded by the Philadelphia 76ers to the Milwaukee Bucks; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Brandon Knight and Kendall Marshall to the Phoenix Suns; the Phoenix Suns traded Tyler Ennis and Miles Plumlee to the Milwaukee Bucks; and the Phoenix Suns traded a 2018 1st round draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers. (PHI 1st round pick received from PHO is LAL's and is top-5 protected in 2015 and top-3 protected in 2016 & 2017. Became unprotected 2018 pick)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My favorite part about the Lakers pick is that it had super tiny protections because the Lakers were obviously gonna Lakers and just have it convey immediately but then everything fell apart.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Hand Knit posted:

The Landry Fields signing continues to rule.

omg I remember that. It was an attempt by the Raps to poison pill the Knicks?

Where is Knight now, is he still dead from the Deandre dunk?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This absolutely whips rear end

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Steve Nash

*sucking air through teeth for a whole week*

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

He has played 0 seconds of basketball this season. He's also still owed $31 million after this year.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah. It was something like if they matched then they wouldn't have cap space to trade for Nash but if they let him go they wouldn't have the salaries to match.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

it keeps us humble

Sure it keeps us humble, but what about the iso-queens on the team? Apparently not.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

He tore his ACL over the summer. As much of a disappointment as he's been it would be nice if he was healthy, the Suns have been running guys like Mike James and Isaiah Canaan at PG all year.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I was playing around with the lineup finder and stumbled upon this hilarious result:

lol. Normal Minutes.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Knight was legit good in his last year on the Bucks I think.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rick posted:

Lord, from Rick's post to your ears then to Magic's. Fire Walton junior so the Thunder goddam autocorrect wtf can pick him up tyvm

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Lillard missing a bunch of games hasn't helped either. The Blazers are also dead last in assists which is indicative of the poor offensive system that results in too many iso plays and bail out shots.

This is a weird team.

Their half court offense is painful to watch sometimes. So much action that results in absolutely nothing. And somehow they are way worse in transition.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Luke Walton seems pretty good and cool and likeable imo

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Did we ever figure out who the latino man sitting in KG's lap was?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Kawhi will be missing some more time. Partial tear in his shoulder.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21997092/kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-partial-tear-left-shoulder-says-coach-gregg-popovich

Sounds like it won't be too long though

quote:

According to a league source, at this point the organization doesn't think the injury is serious following the initial diagnosis. Leonard was ruled out of Sunday night's game at Portland, and the club plans to evaluate Leonard over the next couple of days of its current road trip, which continues Monday at Sacramento and concludes Thursday in Los Angeles against the Lakers.

If Kawhi has a brother named Reggie Rose Leonard I'm off the Kawhi bandwagon.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The idea that anyone still thinks that Lebron is going to the lakers is hilarious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Paul Zuvella posted:

The idea that anyone still thinks that Lebron is going to the lakers is hilarious to me.

Pretty sure the Lakers do...

• Locked thread