Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1r0qIsoZcE

uhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

No

NO

Jesus I need a shower

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

No

NO

Jesus I need a shower

I don't understand, did you just weinstein yourself?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ALSO Oprah seems nice but I think we need to reflect on what happens when you elect TV celebrity people president.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

ALSO Oprah seems nice but I think we need to reflect on what happens when you elect TV celebrity people president.

Wait I thought she just said some stuff about not groping women, what is this poo poo? I didn't watch the dumb awards show obv.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

Wait I thought she just said some stuff about not groping women, what is this poo poo? I didn't watch the dumb awards show obv.

Steadman said that Oprah would run for president if the people wanted it and also Seth Meyers made a joke about it in his monologue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is loving hilarious.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

Or I mean we can have Trump for a second term. I think I'd take my chances on Oprah.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Or I mean we can have Trump for a second term. I think I'd take my chances on Oprah.

This is the ignorant bumpkin that brought us the scourge of Doctor Firstnames and The Secret. gently caress Oprah and her endless stream of snakeoil.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If you're going to have a multi-billionaire television celebrity to be president, you could probably do worse than Oprah. In fact, you already did.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

You're right. What is Dr Phil up to?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

He and Dr Oz are preparing their campaign.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
"Black Mirror is coming true" has officially surpassed "Idiocracy is coming true" in terms of being the intellectual equivalent of a Boondock Saints poster on a college freshman's dorm wall.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Same thing Steve Bannon loves to do.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

textbook :yikes:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I don't have sound and I didn't read the title of the video so at first I thought the joke was that she would get such an easy question wrong, but she didn't, then I got confused and read the title and uhhhh, even without what I assume is a creepy heavy breathing voiceover that's all kinds of creepy

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

What? It has plenty of decapitations and murders and poo poo. Just this past season it had the empire using a weapon that disintegrated a bunch of people.

If you're talking about actual storytelling then I dunno. Rebels is one of the few official Star Wars things to like even touch on the fact that the force isn't just good/evil.

Yeah, I'm not talking about pulling punches with violence I'm talking about the piss-poor writing that needs to make everything incredibly broad and shallow. It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when storytellers assume that if younger kids are in their demographic they have to make everything as simple as possible. They may both be cartoons, but Rebels is purely a kid's show while Clone Wars is an all-ages show, and that's an important distinction.

And Clone Wars was the one to introduce ideas of the force beyond Jedi/Sith, Rebels is

e: I hit submit before I finished. I'm going to chalk it up to not caring enough about the subject at hand, so I'll go ahead and end my little sidebar now.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 8, 2018

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

IRQ posted:

I don't have sound and I didn't read the title of the video so at first I thought the joke was that she would get such an easy question wrong, but she didn't, then I got confused and read the title and uhhhh, even without what I assume is a creepy heavy breathing voiceover that's all kinds of creepy

Worse. It's all set to "Just the Two of Us."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cripes mate. I don't deserve that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All your reactions made me think that was gonna be a lot grosser than it was instead of just like quite odd

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok peeps this is the last call for votes in this year's TVIV Top 10 Poll. There's a whole load of close contests in the overall top 10 so your vote really can make a difference!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Escobarbarian posted:

All your reactions made me think that was gonna be a lot grosser than it was instead of just like quite odd

Imagine how long it took to compile all the clips together though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Runaways is getting a second season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Art's not creepy if you're the artist.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Mu Zeta posted:

The girl did an AMA about her popularity and the show itself advertises her as a break out star. It's odd but... meh. I've seen odder online.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dirk Gently worth checking out even though it got canned? Did it wrap up nicely?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Its really good yeah.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

So I was just watching some random Star Wars universe videos on Youtube and I got a serious itch to explore the tv universe.

I was never a prequel/Anakin fan, so I was initially thinking of skipping The Clone Wars, but after reading some "best episodes" lists it seems like the show didn't always follow Anakin and Obi-Wan around all the time but rather had episodes where they would focus almost solely on new/minor characters or villains.

I've always thought a live action anthology show set in the Star Wars universe (kind of like a live action tv version of the old Star Wars Tales from books. ) that just brings in the greatest working writers and allows them to write single episodes and a maybe some multi-episode arcs within the Star Wars universe would be just awesome. So I'd be open to hearing about those types of episodes from The Clone Wars series.

I'm very interested in checking out Rebels and wanted to hear some thoughts on how that show turned out now that it only has a few episodes left before it ends. I'm curious what kind of show it was general? Episodic or serial drama? I'm really more of serial drama fan. Also like to hear about which episodes/arcs are essential, and which are skipable, etc.

EDIT: To add in Star Wars anthology style episode interests

Probs too late but check out Tartavosky's Clone Wars, they're vignettes making up an episode that's some grade A Star Warrin'.

e:

GreenNight posted:

getting his alcoholic guests drunk naturally

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 9, 2018

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

zoux posted:

Runaways is getting a second season.

As is Future Man!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Way more psyched about Future Man than Runaways, which stinks because one is a show based on one of my favorite comics that I've been anxiously awaiting and the other was a "Need something to watch, huh this looks interesting, Eliza Coupe, I'll check it out"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bull3964 posted:

As is Future Man!

Ah that's great news.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

GreenNight posted:

Wow, really settin' the bar high here

IRQ posted:

On the other hand, this is the first time I haven't regretted reading the comments on a YouTube video.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 9, 2018

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

PriorMarcus posted:

The girl did an AMA about her popularity and the show itself advertises her as a break out star. It's odd but... meh. I've seen odder online.

So we've basically come full circle and game shows are about rooting for manufactured personalities a la Quiz Show all over again only now they're maybe not totally rigging everything behind the scenes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

At this point I assume everything popular is some wag the dog style false flag and everything unpopular is because it offended nazis somehow.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Ah that's great news.

Shut your Rathole!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

So we've basically come full circle and game shows are about rooting for manufactured personalities a la Quiz Show all over again only now they're maybe not totally rigging everything behind the scenes.

Game shows have always screened participants.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Not that anyone asked, but I’m watching a new 2-part 48 Hours Investigates on ID about stalkers and stalking victims. I think the episodes are called “Stalking: Out of the Shadows” and “Stalked”. They’re loving depressing and infuriating, and I encourage you to watch them if you want to hate humanity and also learn a bit about how anti-stalking laws in the US suck poo poo.

The second episode has an interview with a stalker named Justin Massler and you guys need to look this fucker up. He’s a complete loving lunatic.

They’ve also got interviews with the goth chick from NCIS who is also a stalking victim, and suffice to say I respect that lady a lot more now.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 9, 2018

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The End of the F***ing World: WOW.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Are you guys already over that creepy Jeopardy video? Too bad.

https://twitter.com/eff__jay/status/950412590697582592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Jeopardy video loving rules. It's easily the most hilarious thing I've seen since the year started.