Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm going to make an arcane lady tonight, since I've only played str, or quality builds so far. Does anyone have that image that lays out bullet points for your early game path, starting class, stats, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm going to make an arcane lady tonight, since I've only played str, or quality builds so far. Does anyone have that image that lays out bullet points for your early game path, starting class, stats, etc?

I don't have the image you're talking about, but there is something called "The Arcanist's Cookbook"

Here's a guide that bullet points the best gems at every point in the game and where to find them, etc. in spreadsheet form. Theres other useful info here too, not just for arcane.

The text version is here or at least one version of it. It goes into too much detail on arcane.

Its extremely useful if you're planning pure Arcane. On my Arcane character I switched over really late after discovering how much fun Arcane tools were. The general gist of the early game is that you get a fire gem pretty early, but before that your arcane stat is going to make the flamesprayer and molotovs/oil urns your best option for the first several bosses. Probably pick a serrated weapon to start with.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

Chalices start dropping ridiculous amounts of echoes, I usually head back to Hunter's Dream between tackling each 'area' (pre-lantern and pre-boss bonus, main), and most times I had enough echoes to either get one level and a bunch of vials/bullets/papers or two levels outright, and we're talking about 70k-100k a pop per level.

I've been using the first layer of Ailing Loran to farm an easy 50k per run. There's a room full of ~8 shrouded beasts right near the lantern that are real easy pickings.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I've been using the first layer of Ailing Loran to farm an easy 50k per run. There's a room full of ~8 shrouded beasts right near the lantern that are real easy pickings.

That reminds me, I encountered something odd the other day. A friend was running a chalice I had created, and needed my help with Ebrietas. I couldn't keep him alive so he had to keep summoning me multiple times, and then I began noticing that as soon as I entered his world, I was given 50k echoes. Nothing died, he went to the layer 4 lamp of the depth 5 frc isz, rang the bell for me, I showed up, and was given a ton of echoes for nothing.

I'm not complaining, but it was pretty nice and I have no idea what was causing it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there an actual quick guide on getting the Trophy for Chalices?

I'd really like to Plat this game but I want to make sure I'm not spending hours doing something I shouldn't be.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

m.hache posted:

I'd really like to Plat this game but I want to make sure I'm not spending hours doing something I shouldn't be.
I'm pretty sure you just have to do Pthumeru Depths 1-3, then do Ailing Loran (don't forget to pick up the Coldblood Flowerbuds x4 in Nightmare Frontier) until you find the needed Bastards of Loran to open the Cursed and Defiled Chalice, then do that and Pthumeru 5, done. Lower Loran (hell, even finishing Ailing completely) and Isz should be irrelevant for the Trophy, as are Hintertombs of course.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Don't waste hours doing something you don't enjoy for an achievement

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Thanks I think I'm gonna try to kill fuckin Ludwig early again for the HMS. Don't have PS+ anymore so it'll just be me and Valtyr at about level 35 :getin:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

m.hache posted:

I used the guide that was posted last page, and make sure you get all materials listed for each one. Ignore Great Isz (and Lower Loran?) if you're doing it for the trophy.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So I'm gonna be running FRCs tonight (assuming I can blast through the rest of Loran and throw up an FRC Isz) for funsies if anyone wants to join. Hit me up on the discord @monkrocker

Co-oping in chalices is super fun if for no other reason than it BREAKS boss AI completely. :v:

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
All this lack of love for the Bloodletter is making Brador VERY ANGRY

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Can't confirm, but someone in reddit's BB Discord mentioned you can get a Lost Chikage right after BSB without having to murder Logarius.

You only need to hit Pthumeru layer 2 for the root, and create a pthumeru root (no extra stuff) with this glyph: 9nheuvvz

It's apparently somehow a depth 5 dungeon and has the Lost Chikage in it.

I'll try to confirm with my chalice character and report back.

/edit: Well, poo poo. It works.

May be a bit cheaty, looks like they're modded dungeons which are listed as depth 1 so you can access them with Root Pthumeru but they're actually depth 5 so they can contain a lot of stuff, like uncanny/lost versions of weapons and the T5 runes:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 8, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:thunk: that shouldn't be possible and it's deffo a bugged chalice if it is, you're only supposed to be able to use depth X glyphs once you've made a depth X dungeon

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Digirat posted:

:thunk: that shouldn't be possible and it's deffo a bugged chalice if it is, you're only supposed to be able to use depth X glyphs once you've made a depth X dungeon

Ya, looks like they're modded? Maybe has to do with the test dungeons they've been finding lately? Dunno, I can remove it if it's not kosher. :<

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:captainpop: that's going in the OP later.

Remember how every couple of pages we all say "man I wish I could start with the burial blade" or whatever? Well if I'm reading that right then now you can (once you beat BSB)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well that chart is loving fantastic I'm even saving it on the cloud just in case.

I'm making a burial blade character so I can actually using it on NG, or blades or mercy. God drat people still finding this poo poo after two years.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Guillermus posted:

Well that chart is loving fantastic I'm even saving it on the cloud just in case.

I'm making a burial blade character so I can actually using it on NG, or blades or mercy. God drat people still finding this poo poo after two years.

First loving things I did: save the image and look up the Burial Blade location. :unsmigghh:

So, should I go for the Chikage or the Lost Chikage (trades the triangular slot for a bloodtinge slot like the guns have) if I'm running SKL/BLT?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, I've been using it for the past week. Bloodborne-wiki had it, it's a recent development related to the dev dungeons ZulieTheWitch found a bit ago. I can't remember if it altered echoes, but I think it did, yet it kept damage/health of enemies to Depth 1 levels???

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Azran posted:

Yeah, I've been using it for the past week. Bloodborne-wiki had it, it's a recent development related to the dev dungeons ZulieTheWitch found a bit ago. I can't remember if it altered echoes, but I think it did, yet it kept damage/health of enemies to Depth 1 levels???

Most definitely not. I walked into one with my heavy hitter and mob enemies were taking ~1000hp to kill, ran into one of those twitchy fucks with the dual (fire) daggers and he took out 2/3 of my health with a single hit, and I'm at VIT 50.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ah, I was misremembering then. Good to know. :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

God bless hackers

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Do DLC variants ever spawn in chalices? Would be really nice to do a ng run with the rakuyo or the Kos parasite. Or even HMS/church pick without having to kill stupid Ludwig.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

May be a bit cheaty, looks like they're modded dungeons which are listed as depth 1 so you can access them with Root Pthumeru but they're actually depth 5 so they can contain a lot of stuff, like uncanny/lost versions of weapons and the T5 runes:

[heavybreathing.jpg]

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

As long as you've found the base weapon, they are all available at any bath messenger inside the dungeons. They don't spawn in the wild.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
drat, I'll have to remember this the next time PS+ is free (of if I do cave in), then create a few characters and get all those weapons immediately...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

Do DLC variants ever spawn in chalices? Would be really nice to do a ng run with the rakuyo or the Kos parasite. Or even HMS/church pick without having to kill stupid Ludwig.

You will always have to get DLC weapons the hard way since the variants don't show up for sale until you get the original, so these dungeons will only help with vanilla weapons

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Chikage. :allears:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
FYI that Blood Rapture glyph is only Tier 2,not 3.

Dang it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's only a 50 health difference, and 250 is still an assload when you're level 10 :$

kalel fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 9, 2018

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Isn't the tier 3 Blood Rapture the one dropped by the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Azran posted:

Isn't the tier 3 Blood Rapture the one dropped by the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst?

Yes.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I've summoned the same guy for Laurence like 7 poor attempts in a row and oh god if your name is Hauteclare I'm so sorry.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Valtr has never disappointed me in that fight, personally.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
It only took several years for people to find interesting things in Chalices.

Gonna try this later on a new character

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Azran posted:

Valtr has never disappointed me in that fight, personally.

Valtr gets powered up and even more helpful if you've completed his vermin questline and he becomes Valtr, Beast Eater

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I like to do the vermin quest (5 total) before killing Ludwig just to see Valtr clown him and deal with Lawrence. It's an insane change of NPC damage and health.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Edmond Dantes posted:

Can't confirm, but someone in reddit's BB Discord mentioned you can get a Lost Chikage right after BSB without having to murder Logarius.

You only need to hit Pthumeru layer 2 for the root, and create a pthumeru root (no extra stuff) with this glyph: 9nheuvvz

It's apparently somehow a depth 5 dungeon and has the Lost Chikage in it.

I'll try to confirm with my chalice character and report back.

/edit: Well, poo poo. It works.

I started a fresh charachter the other day and went straight to the chaalices doing minimal actual game stuff. I was already getting a bit OP but when I emerge from having skipped through these bosses are going to run in fear from me.
BTW if anyone knows of any of these are chunk bonanzas plz tell as lack of those is the only thing holding me back.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Had my first experience killing Amygdala in 5 seconds with Executioner's Gloves on my Arc guy. That's, uh...something else.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the advise for Micholash. The trick was plunging attack with Lorans so it would instant stagger him. Then I just kept mashing R1 back and forth.

Quick question: is it possible to miss any hunter items or weapons throughout the game preventing me from getting the achievement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Shannow posted:

I started a fresh charachter the other day and went straight to the chaalices doing minimal actual game stuff. I was already getting a bit OP but when I emerge from having skipped through these bosses are going to run in fear from me.
BTW if anyone knows of any of these are chunk bonanzas plz tell as lack of those is the only thing holding me back.

I haven't seen any chunks. Was actually surprised last night when I killed a bagman and he dropped single shards. :what: