Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Silver Falcon posted:

The treasure trader doesn't even show a trade as being available if you're maxed out on the Booster it offers. So after offloading some extra Boosters, suddenly I went from making about 30k gold profit per run to 500k. Yeah, KIND OF a big difference there!

Wait, what?
I see them there, but if I try and give it in it just tells me I'm full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Taear posted:

Wait, what?
I see them there, but if I try and give it in it just tells me I'm full.

Sorry I meant "available" as in "You can trade for this." It's on the list but it's grayed out if you're full up on Boosters, even if you have all the treasure necessary for the trade.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

Sorry I meant "available" as in "You can trade for this." It's on the list but it's grayed out if you're full up on Boosters, even if you have all the treasure necessary for the trade.

I hadn't even noticed they were greyed out - on the right hand side it tells you in larger coloured numbers if you've got what you need to fulfil the salvage. I just scroll down the list and check what it says I've got and/or what I'm missing.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Silver Falcon posted:

I was lucky that I noticed this early but man what a bad mechanic. The game will just autosell any accessories you pick up if your inventory is full but can't do the same with the boosters? Heck off

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Taear posted:

Too many combats take place on narrow fields where the HP potions just don't work. I get the idea of it but in practice it's dumb.

Potions are also annoying when fighting really large enemies, since they can pop out like 50 feet away.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
God help you if you're fighting on an incline

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Do his quest, he gets an entirely new affinity tree because he thinks going all out for you is beneath him before then.

The plot expansion will be about founding a kingdom and taking over the world with Dagas.

edit: It amuses me any time there's a situation like his where the party is like "oh no how can we beat this thing!" and they're outdoors and there's literally no reason why Mythra can't just do an orbital bombardment.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I eventually realized this was a AAA kickstarter game and everything made a lot more sense to me. The over-abundance of mechanics, the guest artists/clashing artstyles. Everything just made sense like that.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Taear posted:

I had no idea! I wonder when it told me about that?

Electra's and Dahlia's quests were both super annoying. They have so many different steps and they all require so much messing around. Wulfric's was fine though.

The full burst gauge replaces the party gauge during a chain attack, and it fills up depending on how many orbs you smash in a round. Smash one and it fills up 20% (so destroying five in five rounds will trigger the FB). The second orb you smash in a round fills the gauge by 30%, bringing the gauge to half full (so smashing two orbs each in the first two rounds will trigger a FB). IIRC if you manage to smash three orbs in a single round that will fill up the gauge to full. It's better to trigger the FB as fast as you can because it smashes all remaining orbs, and the damage multiplier is insane, like, an additional 800% per orb.

Full Bursts are absolutely incredible. I took the level 130 superboss from 60% HP to dead a mere 2/3 of the way through my full burst wityh Zenobia, and that was with only 5 orbs. I imagine it gets even more insane if you can manage it with 8.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ytlaya posted:

The plot expansion will be about founding a kingdom and taking over the world with Dagas.

I am incredibly down with this.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

Full Bursts are absolutely incredible. I took the level 130 superboss from 60% HP to dead a mere 2/3 of the way through my full burst wityh Zenobia, and that was with only 5 orbs. I imagine it gets even more insane if you can manage it with 8.

Unfortunately I'd already killed the thing when the burst went off but it was impressive. I'd noticed that yellow bar but I never knew what it actually was until now!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Taear posted:

Unfortunately I'd already killed the thing when the burst went off but it was impressive. I'd noticed that yellow bar but I never knew what it actually was until now!

I love how even people fighting the superbosses postgame are discovering new/poorly documented mechanics. What a garbage fire.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

I love how even people fighting the superbosses postgame are discovering new/poorly documented mechanics. What a garbage fire.

It's not a postgame superboss, it's a level 68 boss. But yea, I'm really nearly done and you'd think I'd know that already.

To be honest I learned about how the orbs worked in this thread too. I noticed them but didn't realise they came from doing the Seals. Nor did I realise you could only have one of each element. I guess it's good that you don't need to know that stuff to complete the game?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pollyanna posted:

This album should probably just go in the OP - https://imgur.com/a/jZxj3

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

This album should probably just go in the OP - https://imgur.com/a/jZxj3

Yea but....that was 60 in-game hours ago. A whole month of real time. And I didn't have very many blades then and it was VERY hard to finish the blade combos in the first place!
I wish there was a proper manual.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taear posted:

Yea but....that was 60 in-game hours ago. A whole month of real time. And I didn't have very many blades then and it was VERY hard to finish the blade combos in the first place!
I wish there was a proper manual.

Yeah, my biggest complaint with the game by far is that once a tutorial is done it's gone forever.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm pretty positive the game never tells you Pneumia can be used during a party attack to hit all orbs at once

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
who or what is a pneumia

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Centzon Totochtin posted:

who or what is a pneumia

It's something you get in Chapter 8. I assume that's what they call it in the Japanese voice over though because it's not been called that for me. I can only work out what they're talking about there by context.
I do agree that it doesn't tell you she can break all the orbs at once.

quote:

Yeah, my biggest complaint with the game by far is that once a tutorial is done it's gone forever.
The thing is I don't think I'd read it again anyway, because you assume once it's done you've learned it. Or at least I do. It's not like in a board game where you're going back because a rules thing has come up - you're fighting and it's working and it seems fine. Just look at Louisgod's posts here - it doesn't really make it clear enough the first time.
I dunno what you could do to fix that, it's hard to understand it when you've only got a total of 4 blades and they're really restricted in their elements because of how Poppi works. You're limited to stuff that's got Earth in it and still trying to work out what's actually going on.

I definitely feel like I worked it all out by context. I saw the elements on the screen and worked out when it'd let me do it and then noticed the white orbs flying around my party member's pictures and saw how it worked. It didn't come from the tutorial.

Taear fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 8, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

who or what is a pneumia

Super saiyan 3 Pyra/Mythra

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How do I trigger that, do I have to do the party attack while pneumia is active

Also, is there a cooldown for how often you can use pneumia in a fight or is it once only

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

How do I trigger that, do I have to do the party attack while pneumia is active

Also, is there a cooldown for how often you can use pneumia in a fight or is it once only

Yes you do have to do it while she's active.

It'll let you do it as long as you have max affection or whatever it's called and you have a full level 3 combo bar. She times down though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Calaveron posted:

Super saiyan 3

That's incredibly inaccurate

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

That's incredibly inaccurate

Oh boy I can't wait. Climbing a tree at the moment

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Probably the only good thing about Dahlia is her passive that damages adjacent orbs during a chain attack, it can really chew through them

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

People really gotta stop throwing spoilers out willy nilly. It's rude as gently caress tbh.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

People really gotta stop throwing spoilers out willy nilly. It's rude as gently caress tbh.

The game doesn't really have any shocking moments and the few twists it has are so obviously telegraphed or the player is so fed up with the game trying to be coy that they lose their impact

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Calaveron posted:

The game doesn't really have any shocking moments and the few twists it has are so obviously telegraphed or the player is so fed up with the game trying to be coy that they lose their impact

I mean that's your opinion, doesn't really give a right to just namedrop characters/abilities or things new players don't know about. If I was blind I'd be kinda annoyed seeing "oh yeah chapter 8 you get a super powered character that joins you and can do this" or "chapter 9 character x unlocks like a 4th form" when I just got the character and had no idea there was anything else past that.

Like a example is I thought Lila was going to be Tora's second blade. It made sense to me. Here people are just dropping her third form like who gives a poo poo and I just think that's rude as hell.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Calaveron posted:

Oh boy I can't wait. Climbing a tree at the moment

No I mean it's a bad comparison because her face doesn't get all hosed up and her hair doesn't really grow so much as just change style

e: I forgot that you might be comparing her hair to Pyra's for some reason but I'm not really sure why you would even be using Pyra ever at that point in the game

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I mean that's your opinion, doesn't really give a right to just namedrop characters/abilities or things new players don't know about. If I was blind I'd be kinda annoyed seeing "oh yeah chapter 8 you get a super powered character that joins you and can do this" or "chapter 9 character x unlocks like a 4th form" when I just got the character and had no idea there was anything else past that.

Like a example is I thought Lila was going to be Tora's second blade. It made sense to me. Here people are just dropping her third form like who gives a poo poo and I just think that's rude as hell.

Because people are just throwing out the names of character 4 and 5 I just don't know what counts as a spoiler any more. Because to me those things both are.
I've done my best to wrap what I've said in language that only makes sense in context though, I think.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

it is mainly just the one poster and I agree

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I almost can't believe it, Rex just yelled and it didn't sound like he had a hoarse throat all day or like it was the first take on that line.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I've finally got my entire team equipped with gold chips but I'm only around level 75, way too low for the bandit superboss people say is best for legendary cores. Is there a method to grind out a whole bunch of levels, or some other uniques I can find that's good for cores?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pierson posted:

I've finally got my entire team equipped with gold chips but I'm only around level 75, way too low for the bandit superboss people say is best for legendary cores. Is there a method to grind out a whole bunch of levels, or some other uniques I can find that's good for cores?

You should be able to fight the superboss in Tantal at that level. Teleport to the Central Ether Boulder in cloudy weather and there should be a ginormous guy nearby. Here's how to prepare:

- Give Rex an Axe blade so he has access to Launch, and give him an Overclocking Bangle or whatever it's called so he can swap blades quickly.
- Give your other party members blades that give them access to Break, and equip them with Beta Scopes (or any other accessory that reduces Break resistance).
- Fight the enemy. When it gets hit by Break, use the Aegis to inflict Topple, switch to your axe blade and inflict Launch, then swap to Roc so you can inflict Smash. Smashing it will give you a Rare Core, and often a Legendary Core too. Then swap back to the Aegis to get ready for the next Break.
- Do this over and over until it dies or you die. On one run I get around 17 rare core, and 8 or so legendary cores. You keep all the drops if you die so suicide runs aren't that big of a deal.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Using the word Pneumia wouldn't be a spoiler because you never hear the word used in-game until you already have it. If you have to ask what it is, you don't have it yet, and if the response to "whats Pneumia" is a spoiler tag then yeah, that's gonna be a spoiler, which was tagged.

U-DO Burger posted:

- Give Rex an Axe blade so he has access to Launch, and give him an Overclocking Bangle or whatever it's called so he can swap blades quickly.

I agree with most of this list, Cloud King Ken is a mega pushover, but if you have the Affinity Chart slot on Rex that extends Topple duration then you're better off with a different accessory. You should be able to reliably Topple, switch to an axe user, use Rex's axe skill that does bonus damage to toppled enemies, then use his launch skill, then switch again and smash all without the Bangle, and that's throwing in an extra attack just for the heck of it

Pierson posted:

I killed the 130 superboss at level 83 or so, but ironically the other lower-leveled enemies like Gladiator Orion are more difficult. Worry more about having the actual postgame crit chips from Ken and the good accessories, also Block V chips on all the blades on whatever tank you're using which can be gotten from Vampire Bride

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pierson posted:

The level 90 dinosaurs in Temperantia are a pushover and good for 2-3 levels per kill if you finish with a chain attack each.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have a common blade named Uzuki and that owns

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

It boggles my mind how I managed to beat both the 118 and 130 superbosses but the Relentless Arduran one-shots my party with his smelly breath

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The spirit crucible looks amazing aesthetically (gorgeous environment in this game, what else is new) and I'm pretty sure it's doing wonders for the game's pacing that I don't have to fight any of the enemies in here thanks to being overleveled as all gently caress. The gameplay systems of xenoblade don't really mesh well with traditional dungeon-like areas where you can't run around anything and space is tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is there a list of non-gatcha non-plot rare blades so I can try to get them all before pulling on cores again because my current luck tops out at like 400 and I don't have any legendary cores anyway

like, I got praxis a while ago so I assume I get theory at some point?