Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Goku, Blue Goku, Black Goku

Vegeta, Blue Vegeta, Piccolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sabat also voices piccolo and yamcha, so

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

My eight would be:

- Kale/Caulifla: Have her be a two-stance character where one stance is Kale and the other is Caulifla, each has their own moves and super (Caulifla's is whatever, Kale's is Broly-install) and either can level 3 to change into Kefla

- Master Roshi: He has some fairly unique techniques like the evil containment wave

- Mister Satan: Fan favorite. Have him teleport using some device Bulma created, and give him a rocket pack for flight

- Ribrianne: Fun, unique attacks and look

- Toppo: Good character and grappler style

- Jiren: I'd like him in, but we still haven't seen much beyond the basics for his fighting style

- Frost: I'd like to see a sneakier, more technical version of Frieza using dirty tricks like poison and other status effects. And given how many other variations of other characters we already have, this shouldn't be a problem

- Ox King: Some people like joke characters, some (bad) people like giant characters, let's kill two birds with one stone

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just Maijin-ize everyone by putting an M on their foreheads. Boom, double the cast.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I want to see this so much, those two guys kill it as goku and vegeta.

https://nerdist.com/dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f-cast-dubs-over-famous-movie-scenes-in-character/

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
My picks are Jiren, Kefla, Toppo, Ribrienne, Roshi, Kid Goku, Dabura, and Mr. Satan. Now you have your Pride Pack, your Lady Pack, your Classic Pack, and your Demon Pack.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
An interesting gimmick for Caulifla could be something that ties into her crazy fast growth in the story. Like starting off in base form and as she fights more she fills up a unique meter and progressively achieves more and more powerful forms and abilities, getting SSJ1, USSJ, SSJ2, and if she can max it out it would unlock the ability to fuse into Kefla with a level 3 super.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vakal posted:

Just Maijin-ize everyone by putting an M on their foreheads. Boom, double the cast.

Ah, the Persona 4 Ultimax strategy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TriffTshngo posted:

An interesting gimmick for Caulifla could be something that ties into her crazy fast growth in the story. Like starting off in base form and as she fights more she fills up a unique meter and progressively achieves more and more powerful forms and abilities, getting SSJ1, USSJ, SSJ2, and if she can max it out it would unlock the ability to fuse into Kefla with a level 3 super.

Are there unique meters in the game? I havent seen any

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Gotta remember that every character has like 4 specials at the max so I can't imagine a whole lot of unique, in-depth mechanics even for the DLC characters

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Real hurthling! posted:

There are some unique things that could easily be tracked as custom meters or counters but instead just aren't displayed anywhere, like Krillin's senzu bean count, Adult Gohan's level, or Ginyu's next summon, so you could still have a character with a gimmick even if there wasn't an obvious way to track it at a glance.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Real hurthling! posted:

Adult Gohan technically has one and Nappa has one for his Saibamen planting time.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gotta remember that every character has like 4 specials at the max so I can't imagine a whole lot of unique, in-depth mechanics even for the DLC characters

That's the thing, Caulifla herself doesn't really have that much unique about her attacks or fighting style. If you just keep her at a flat Super Saiyan and don't involve Kale in any way, she's really just another Saiyan. Her main thing was her impossibly fast growth as a fighter, so if Arcsys can quantify Gohan's potential unlock as a unique ability I bet they could figure out some way to make her slamming through transformations one after the other a gameplay mechanic.

Of course the easy answer is to just put Kefla in instead since she's got more obvious stuff you could adapt, or Kale since she's just (better) Broly, but it's fun to speculate.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Guys, I've figured out how to get Videl/Chi Chi/Bulma in. Instead of the Ginyu Force, have Team Mom.
Videl is lead, Chi Chi assists with grapple attacks or quick summons and Bulma uses Science in the super attacks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrew_1985 posted:

Guys, I've figured out how to get Videl/Chi Chi/Bulma in. Instead of the Ginyu Force, have Team Mom.
Videl is lead, Chi Chi assists with grapple attacks or quick summons and Bulma uses Science in the super attacks.

Just have kid chichi with the helmet

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

RevolverDivider posted:

Base Super Buu is cool, it's when absorbing starts that he becomes poo poo.

What you dont like pointy nose buu ?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

That's the thing, Caulifla herself doesn't really have that much unique about her attacks or fighting style. If you just keep her at a flat Super Saiyan and don't involve Kale in any way, she's really just another Saiyan. Her main thing was her impossibly fast growth as a fighter, so if Arcsys can quantify Gohan's potential unlock as a unique ability I bet they could figure out some way to make her slamming through transformations one after the other a gameplay mechanic.

Of course the easy answer is to just put Kefla in instead since she's got more obvious stuff you could adapt, or Kale since she's just (better) Broly, but it's fun to speculate.

We need Caulifla because we need girl Goku. I mean like evil Goku is already in come on. The Goku singularity must be reached. Kale's gotta be a shoe in because how are you going to put boy Kale in and not have Kale herself that's just weird

Breaking news Sean Schemmel is a giant cry baby who is bad at vidya games #Gokudroolz #VegetaRulz

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

In a game that’s already 3 v 3, having one of the three characters themselves be 3 more characters seems a little much. I realize 18 and Goku Black have occasional assists but still.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So It Goes posted:

In a game that’s already 3 v 3, having one of the three characters themselves be 3 more characters seems a little much. I realize 18 and Goku Black have occasional assists but still.

Ehh with Nappa and Ginyu we already got characters summoning other characters a bunch as well.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i really like the idea of caulifla and kale being a tag team character since that's exactly how they've been shown to enjoy fighting the most. it just makes sense, to me

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

SirKibbles posted:

Goku Black's music is great

Yeah, I'm really digging that theme.

I wonder if ArcSys will give the option to have music work kind of like Marvel 3, where if your teammate dies, the next person who jumps in has their theme play.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i really like the idea of caulifla and kale being a tag team character since that's exactly how they've been shown to enjoy fighting the most. it just makes sense, to me

Only if they ice climbers it and literally never stop holding hands :colbert:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

sharrrk posted:

make the separate characters but if you put them on the same team you get a cool cinematic

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

sharrrk posted:

It's not a bad idea but I feel after the tournament in the show they both gonna get fleshed out more as they are wildly popular and it is obvious the U6 crew is around to stay.

Maybe by the time they are inevitable dlc they have enough under their belts for proper movesets to copy. Kale already could but only if they don't put on Broly.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

Breaking news Sean Schemmel is a giant cry baby who is bad at vidya games #Gokudroolz #VegetaRulz

Exclusive update Chris Sabat has neither a cool battle horn or a dog that loves him. #Gokusytlin #Princeofjobbers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

As for the venue, well....

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/950405084382294016

To be honest, this would be a great thing to do at EVO to give the game some main stage presence. Have an exhibition match during, say, the Tekken finals, pair it with a DLC character announcement, you've got something.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Countblanc posted:

Ah, the Persona 4 Ultimax strategy

I still lol every time I think about how Shadow Labrys and Labrys' Shadow are two completely different characters

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Wrist Watch posted:

I still lol every time I think about how Shadow Labrys and Labrys' Shadow are two completely different characters

It's real good

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Waffleman_ posted:

As for the venue, well....

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/950405084382294016

To be honest, this would be a great thing to do at EVO to give the game some main stage presence. Have an exhibition match during, say, the Tekken finals, pair it with a DLC character announcement, you've got something.

I'm already hype

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Please put mics on them while they play.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kid Buu, Piccolo, Klilyn

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
18, Fat Buu, Beerus

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Gohan, Nappa, Cell

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

TriffTshngo posted:

That would be hilarious.

We can have people complaining about her getting too many powerups in the game too!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm surprised fat buu isn't in the open beta (neither is trunks).

Wonder what was behind that call

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Nintendo Switch release confirmed, with special add on characters:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
would watch that filler arc. bowser’s hair is amazing

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Fuzz posted:

Nintendo Switch release confirmed, with special add on characters:

Don't you loving joke. I will bitch and moan on the internet so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Ehh with Nappa and Ginyu we already got characters summoning other characters a bunch as well.

Those characters summon characters who play alongside them. They don’t actually switch control between characters (but as “one” character) in a game where there is already switching between characters.