Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I shouldn't have used the word disappointment. I just remembered that Capcom was expecting it to do even better.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/08/capcom-explains-why-resident-evil-6-missed-sales-targets

I think they assumed that it was going to outdo RE5, and we'd have RE7 on Mars with dinosaurs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I shouldn't have used the word disappointment. I just remembered that Capcom was expecting it to do even better.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/08/capcom-explains-why-resident-evil-6-missed-sales-targets

I think they assumed that it was going to outdo RE5, and we'd have RE7 on Mars with dinosaurs or something.

That sounds cooler than actual RE7

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Training posted:

That sounds cooler than actual RE7

You say that, but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Crisis_3

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

We try to forget DC3. How the hell do you gently caress up dinosaurs in space. God.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Re5 may have boulder punching but re6 lets you suplex a tyrant.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
6 was ok, but I can't help but feel that it would have been much better if the entire campaign would have just focused on Jake and Sherry.

The co-op angle would have worked better as well since people who like guns could play as Sherry and people who like suplexing things into paste would pick Jake.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

people who like guns can play resident evil 3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vakal posted:

6 was ok, but I can't help but feel that it would have been much better if the entire campaign would have just focused on Jake and Sherry.

The co-op angle would have worked better as well since people who like guns could play as Sherry and people who like suplexing things into paste would pick Jake.

But Chris and Piers getting increasingly angry at each other and everything around them was half the fun

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I actually liked Leon's story the most cause it was real zombies :gibs:

E. Also, Ada's was pretty good cause it was actually scary with her clone sequences

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
6 becomes a lot more fun and less frustrating when you play it as a brawler, not a shooter. Buy all the melee upgrades and use your guns as a fallback option. The game's actually significantly easier that way too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

1redflag posted:

I actually liked Leon's story the most cause it was real zombies :gibs:

E. Also, Ada's was pretty good cause it was actually scary with her clone sequences

Ada's sucks a lot if you played it when it first came out as the co-op partner, who got to do nothing for twenty minutes while Ada solved a puzzle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does RE6 just star everybody to ever appear in a RE game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In Training posted:

Does RE6 just star everybody to ever appear in a RE game

Yes, except Wesker, since he's dead, and Jill, since she's rescued (and this is explicitly the reason why Chris isn't as big as he was in RE5, he started skipping gym days because he was relieved).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also Clair who opted to take the Revelation 2 job instead with Berry.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
RE6 has worse lows than RE5, but it's the game I'd rather replay.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Except for the T-Rex fight. Who ever greenlit that slog of a boss fight was out of their mind.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Resi 2 was my favorite. 4 and beyond just lost the tension for me.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Resi 2 was my favorite. 4 and beyond just lost the tension for me.
Well yes but it's hard to really compare them because they're such wildly different styles of games.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Ada's sucks a lot if you played it when it first came out as the co-op partner, who got to do nothing for twenty minutes while Ada solved a puzzle.

If you played it when it first came out, there was no co-op on Ada's campaign :smug:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vakal posted:

Except for the T-Rex fight. Who ever greenlit that slog of a boss fight was out of their mind.

It was fun going back to it in Ada’s campaign and just mowing it down with the helicopter gun

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

1redflag posted:

If you played it when it first came out, there was no co-op on Ada's campaign :smug:

When the game first came out Ada was co-oping on other character's campaigns and it was awesome.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Ryoga posted:

When the game first came out Ada was co-oping on other character's campaigns and it was awesome.

Wait, I played it when it came out on PS3 all the way through with couch co-op and never had this experience. Were you able to have an internet player jump in for the limited times she would jump into the other three campaigns (like the helicopter sequence against the Trex)? If so, that is loving awesome and I'm sad I missed that. I might just buy the PS4 version if you can still do that...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

1redflag posted:

Wait, I played it when it came out on PS3 all the way through with couch co-op and never had this experience. Were you able to have an internet player jump in for the limited times she would jump into the other three campaigns (like the helicopter sequence against the Trex)? If so, that is loving awesome and I'm sad I missed that. I might just buy the PS4 version if you can still do that...

Yeah, I played through on PC last year and even though I was playing single player for boss fights where the campaigns crossed over it would search for other players playing those campaigns. It successfully found someone a grand total of once the entire playthrough (while playing as Ada it matched me up with someone playing Leon for the Deborah fight). It was cool but I imagine there's not a huge playerbase anymore

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

1redflag posted:

Yeah, that's exactly how it worked, there were other moments like this between the other teams too. During the floor mine security room in Leon or Chris' campaign you could do too awesome and end up flooding the other player's room with mines ensuring a horrible death for them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Honestly when I played the game immediately after release you could hardly get a matchup to go through at those points.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Honestly when I played the game immediately after release you could hardly get a matchup to go through at those points.

Actually, I just remembered that this is what happened to my friend and me when we played. We waited like 10 minutes to connect the first time and when it finally connected, it just dropped the internet player like immediately, so we never waited again. Still, cool idea.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I still remember the rage mail I got on xbox from playing Ada during the Jake/Sherry raft sequence poping all the heads on the raft from the rooftops with amazing accuracy and then completely ignoring the QTE to save them from the propeller at the end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ryoga posted:

I still remember the rage mail I got on xbox from playing Ada during the Jake/Sherry raft sequence poping all the heads on the raft from the rooftops with amazing accuracy and then completely ignoring the QTE to save them from the propeller at the end.

Lol. Playing the Ada campaign when it crossed over with the others was cool because you were generally out of harm's way sniping and whatnot so it wasn't so annoying to repeat sequences

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The most annoying parts in the whole game for me were probably in Leon's campaign when you have to fight a bunch of poo poo outside the church in an enclosed space and in Ada's campaign inside the ship hangar because it's 1000 dudes shooting at you from every direction

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah same, I think I only ever had this work once. Insanely cool idea in theory but it just logistically is rarely ever going to work. They probably should have done something like start matchmaking once you get reasonably close to the coop parts so that the game can have something paired up before you get there, so you know if its worth waiting or not.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
is odin sphere good? it's on sale and has great reviews but i hate the art style

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's literally one of the best games every and your wrong about the art style :colbert:

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's literally one of the best games every and your wrong about the art style :colbert:

it looks like anime

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Sorry to hear about your cartoon allergy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anime

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

murked by dragon posted:

it looks like anime

I mean, yes, there's some anime there but it's like anime where every frame is a painting. Vanillaware has some style things I can see poeple objecting to (which is far worse in Dragon's Crown) but at the same time they do the best sprite work in the business and it's really not even close.

But even if you're weird and hate the art style, it's a fast paced, fun action RPG with interesting mechanics and a poo poo ton of content.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
okay i bought the anime thanks everyone

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

murked by dragon posted:

it looks like anime

Parts of it are pretty anime (generally two parts at a time :v: ), but the game is fantastic, really fun to play, has a great soundtrack, and some of the most deliciously rendered food in gaming history.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wish Muramasa got a PS4 port, that game was aces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hey, how do you guys feel about anime? Personally, I think it's bad.