Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/BullsBlogger/status/950448979992510466

Yeah outside of the pick the Jazz have nothing I want.

"Send me somewhere where I never have to worry about calling someone the hard n"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

"Send me somewhere where I never have to worry about calling someone the hard n"

Even though you're a boston fan I know you're a good one as it's a hard r, not n.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Niko in public: I can't believe you guys seriously thought I liked jelly and mayo sandwiches :rolleyes: It was just one of my famous gags.
Niko in private: I want to go to Utah. Please don't ask why

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Stay safe Enes.

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/950420868265635841

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Cool Buff Man posted:

IT still needs to be fully recovered for Cleveland to be a real litmus test (which is why I didn't gloat TOO much when the Celtics beat them down last week) and KD might not be back so you possibly could have an easier time than you normally would

Raps lost to the Wiz with no John Wall and Celtics with no Kyrie. Lowry isn't playing like dogshit now though so we'll see.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
How many of the Warriors starters would have to be hurt for the Raptors to win 4 out of 7 games? I'm not sure they'd even take two games off a Curry-less Warriors team.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ok so now robots are immune from the one way everyone knows how to kill them
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/950490496329170944

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Even though you're a boston fan I know you're a good one as it's a hard r, not n.

Soft n to me is "nincompoop" as I am an innocent soul. Thank you for the kind words

Lockback posted:

Justice Winslow is in his 3rd year of being bad at basketball. He's good defensively but, woof. I wouldn't call him a decent prospect anymore.

Yeah I wouldn't want Winslow anywhere near my favorite team at this point

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 8, 2018

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

Maker, or Winslow would be a decent prospect for return.

The other ones not so much.

Justice Winslow is in his 3rd year of being bad at basketball. He's good defensively but, woof. I wouldn't call him a decent prospect anymore.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As much as I'm enjoying the Raps play this year I'm still limiting my expectations until after the all star game. This team has routinely looked great in the winter only to poo poo the bed down the stretch. It shouldn't happen this year, considering the success is built on strong team play and a more stable offense, but part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Now if they play like this in March I'm going to get real chesty.

BWV fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 8, 2018

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Plus with the raps a lot of the fun comes from watching our bench completely torch the opponents bench. In the playoffs it’s more starters and there will be less easy bench points.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Honestly the Raptors are kind of in a unwinnable situation perception wise. They're legitimately looking like the strongest Raptors team I've ever watched but until I see them not look like idiots in the playoffs I refuse to have hope for long term success. I just kinda shrug my shoulders and go "hm, could be interesting" without really committing to any hard opinions.

Having no opinions is kind of a cop out but the team has such a legacy of falling apart in the post season that I'm not going to believe it's for real until I see it happen. Basically I'm cautiously optimistic and think that this looks like a solid foundation for real success (as opposed to the fool's gold success of 2015-16) but I'm buttering my brain up for failure in case they remember the Raptors.

We've also had a pretty easy schedule over December coinciding with the recent tear. I'd like to see a few signature wins against strong competition. The only really elite win the team has is against Houston, and it was nice, but I've also watched the team play relatively strongly against the Spurs, Boston, and GSW before not closing in any of those games in vaguely infuriating, classic Raptors ways. And then we just straight up poo poo the bed against OKC a week or two ago. I need to see some wins against some real deal teams to get the bandwagon going. Our schedule against Boston and Cleveland is pretty backloaded so I guess we'll see how that shakes out as the year goes on.

e: Anyways, over the rest of this month, we play Cleveland, GSW, the Spurs, and the Timberwolves (twice), so I think I'll have a better handle on just how good the team is by February. Or it'll still be irrelevant till post-season. Whatever.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 9, 2018

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

CRISPYBABY posted:

Honestly the Raptors are kind of in a unwinnable situation perception wise. They're legitimately looking like the strongest Raptors team I've ever watched but until I see them not look like idiots in the playoffs I refuse to have hope for long term success. I just kinda shrug my shoulders and go "hm, could be interesting" without really committing to any hard opinions.

Having no opinions is kind of a cop out but the team has such a legacy of falling apart in the post season that I'm not going to believe it's for real until I see it happen. Basically I'm cautiously optimistic and think that this looks like a solid foundation for real success (as opposed to the fool's gold success of 2015-16) but I'm buttering my brain up for failure in case they remember the Raptors.

We've also had a pretty easy schedule over December coinciding with the recent tear. I'd like to see a few signature wins against strong competition. The only really elite win the team has is against Houston, and it was nice, but I've also watched the team play relatively strongly against the Spurs, Boston, and GSW before not closing in any of those games in vaguely infuriating, classic Raptors ways. And then we just straight up poo poo the bed against OKC a week or two ago. I need to see some wins against some real deal teams to get the bandwagon going. Our schedule against Boston and Cleveland is pretty backloaded so I guess we'll see how that shakes out as the year goes on.

e: Anyways, over the rest of this month, we play Cleveland, GSW, the Spurs, and the Timberwolves (twice), so I think I'll have a better handle on just how good the team is by February. Or it'll still be irrelevant till post-season. Whatever.

Honestly my excitement isn't really the stats but what I'm seeing when I watch the games. Their new look offense looks loving great, lots of movements, passing and Demar threes. A great example is last week's games against the Bucks. That is a team that the Raptors struggled offensively with in the past, like other long teams with the personnel to guard Demar, but last week they just bent them over, and with great style.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah I'm totally with you on that. Aside from the occasional hiccup they've been a joy to watch this year and I think they've made lots of moves in the right directions, I'm just an eternal pessimist long term.

Oh, and though CJ Miles prayers are fun when they go in, I'd like to see his shot selection cleaned up a little.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

maybe this isnt your barometer for success but theres no real reason to think that a team whose best player would be the cavs 4th has any shot at beating them in a series

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

dokmo posted:

David Lee was an awful shooter what the gently caress are you guys talking about.

I'd like an AS 3P contest featuring these contestants:

code:
Player			3P	3PA
Anderson Varejao	1	42
Franklin Edwards	1	33
David Lee		1	29
Sidney Green		1	27
Craig Smith		1	27
Phil Hubbard		1	26
Zaza Pachulia		0	26
Jerome Williams		1	26
Michael Cage		0	25
Chris Kaman		1	24
Shaquille O'Neal	1	22

CRISPYBABY posted:

I need to see some wins against some real deal teams to get the bandwagon going. Our schedule against Boston and Cleveland is pretty backloaded so I guess we'll see how that shakes out as the year goes on.

Halfway through and so far the only real deal team is GSW and they're hibernating/cruising anyway. And single regular season games are meaningless.

KD going to the Warriors is even more detrimental this year but not many are talking about it. KD should've joined the Cavaliers this last year.

Dexo posted:

Wade is one of the best shooting guards of all time.

The last three or four times I've heard JVG on TV talk about Wade he always proclaims and crowns him as being the third best SG of all-time behind MJ and Kobe. He always forgets about Drexler, Ray Allen and Reggie Miller though.

Players should play with no shoes.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lonzo Ball isn't going to get that "Worst LA Lakers shooting season ever" title if he keeps sitting games out.

It's official. DMC has played 16,917 NBA minutes. Second most minutes with zero playoff games. Needs another 11,766 minutes to reach #1 and pass Tom Van Arsdale though.

KAT doesn't have the will to win.

G-Hawk posted:

harden is out for a couple weeks at least

congrats on #1 seed, Golden state

LBJ still has that MVP shot.

Paul Zuvella posted:

but he wore funny suits and asked good questions!!!!!!

I knew that guy wasn't a straight shooter. Wearing all those zany and disrespectful suits and flouting society's conventions.

EveryONE on TV seems to be a jerk/conman/sexual deviant.

zoux posted:

I only support Celibate Ballers.

I only support Doug Christie (the guy who has to marry his wife every year IIRC in a special ceremony) and A.C. Green who turned down 1,278 prostitutes that Magic sent after every game.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Ghost Dog posted:

maybe this isnt your barometer for success but theres no real reason to think that a team whose best player would be the cavs 4th has any shot at beating them in a series

Actually Demar Derozen is better than Lebron

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

?? the top 3 cavs are cedi osman, kyle korver and kevin love

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zogo posted:

KAT doesn't have the will to win.

lol wow. I guess he might be joking but thats not what you want to hear from your potential franchise player. At least jimmy butler is still good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
KAT has way surpassed Gordan Hayward in the game geek category, he's doing all the stuff twitch livers do

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lockback posted:

He's also injury prone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Look man I already told you guys massive weakspot.

It's mostly irrational.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Look man I already told you guys massive weakspot.

It's mostly irrational.

Would you defend him like Lockback defends Wiggins if he made it onto the Bulls? If so, I cannot question your devotion and I accept it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Victor Oladipo is going to be 3rd team all-nba

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Ghost Dog posted:

Derozan might be better than Isaiah Thomas :colbert:.

Any ways, odds aren't in our favour but all you can do is try to close the gap and hope for a hot streak. It's a good core.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

If I were a typical 2-guard, seeing Clyde Drexler barreling toward me on one of his patented straight-line drives would be pretty frightening.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What is Kevin Love doing this year as the second in command now?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Absurdly efficient in an era where he can play Center while playing less than 30 minutes.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this has to be the only time in history that a player has demanded to be traded to the utah jazz

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/945674025992409088

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Victor Oladipo is going to be 3rd team all-nba

:unsmith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Everyone watch Tyus "not Tyler" Jones dunk it in LeBron's face

https://streamable.com/l14vt

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Thank you for Oladipo, friend.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls are going to trade niko and somehow end up with fewer draft picks

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Thank you for Oladipo, friend.

As a graduate of Indiana University and therefor responsible for the basketball program, I would also like to take credit for Victor. You’re all welcome

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Thank you for OG also

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Con_Chron/status/950551140155846656

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Steve Kerr will always own tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pretty good quote for an NBA dudes.

Nothing will beat Pops post election rant.

• Locked thread