Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

In season 3 Lovesick continues to be an intriguing dive into the increasingly terrible hairstyle and facial hair decisions of the male lead.

Oh, and there's also some romance and drama stuff too and it's pretty good. Why am I the only one watching this again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It amazes me that enough young people watch Jeopardy that it can go viral on social media.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

In season 3 Lovesick continues to be an intriguing dive into the increasingly terrible hairstyle and facial hair decisions of the male lead.

Oh, and there's also some romance and drama stuff too and it's pretty good. Why am I the only one watching this again?

I’m still extremely put off by the idea of watching a show by people who thought ‘Scrotal Recall’ was a good and funny name

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m still extremely put off by the idea of watching a show by people who thought ‘Scrotal Recall’ was a good and funny name

I haven't seen it, but I am upset they changed it from Scrotal Recall.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DivisionPost posted:

The End of the F***ing World: WOW.

I do not get the love for this show. When it was being made I had a few friends who worked on it and they were under the impression it would turn out to be a twee, maudlin load of bollocks. Maybe it's a cultural thing but we're so sick and tired of teenagers being made edgy and dark over here.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nah it's just a good show dude. The two leads are very well-drawn.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Escobarbarian posted:

Nah it's just a good show dude. The two leads are very well-drawn.

Channel 4 is very bad at advertising so I think it did very badly over here as people assumed it was Skins but with a killer. That's why I've not given it the time of day.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd never even heard of it until it hit Netflix. Guess this is what I got for not watching any live TV anymore.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

Channel 4 is very bad at advertising so I think it did very badly over here as people assumed it was Skins but with a killer. That's why I've not given it the time of day.

Luckily it's nothing like Skins to which I say thank god as someone who didn't get off that tire-fire until the beginning of season 4.

PriorMarcus posted:

I'd never even heard of it until it hit Netflix. Guess this is what I got for not watching any live TV anymore.

Welcome to 2018.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MiddleOne posted:

Luckily it's nothing like Skins to which I say thank god as someone who didn't get off that tire-fire until the beginning of season 4.

Hey the first 2 seasons of Skins were fantastic television and season 3 wasn't great but the Emily/Naomi storyline is a huge UK cultural milestone.

Just don't talk about the bit where Freddie gets beaten to death with a baseball bat by the therapist treating his girlfriend while trying to hypnotise her into sexual submission.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Skins is the archetype case of a show that bought way too much into its own hype.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I agree that Skins seasons 1-2 are good, but man it got so bad later on

This is completely unrelated to anything but man why do people always bring up that scene in The Wire where they just say "gently caress" or variations thereof as one of the best TV scenes of all time? It's....not good. Especially when you consider how many other great Wire clips there are.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

This is completely unrelated to anything but man why do people always bring up that scene in The Wire where they just say "gently caress" or variations thereof as one of the best TV scenes of all time? It's....not good. Especially when you consider how many other great Wire clips there are.

It feels human. That's not something that can be said for TV and cinema portrayals of crime scene investigations which are all either highly stylized or quip-oriented.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

It's a very funny, memorable scene :ms:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aw man the actor who played the gruff as hell doctor on BSG died, that dude ruled.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

PriorMarcus posted:

I do not get the love for this show. When it was being made I had a few friends who worked on it and they were under the impression it would turn out to be a twee, maudlin load of bollocks. Maybe it's a cultural thing but we're so sick and tired of teenagers being made edgy and dark over here.

How does a person working on the production of a show give them any insight on the quality of the final product? Actors and writers and even directors themselves are usually completely surprised with how a film or show comes together in the end and some of the most successful things ever made were surrounded by scuttlebutt from disgruntles crew members swearing that it was going to be a total flop and was awful and the internet gawking at silly set photos and work in progress effects shots.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Didn’t we used to have a yearly thread with what shows were getting cancelled etc each TV season?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah are we talking people in production or like, grips? Like 95% of crew members are at most indifferent about the shows they work on. Also that show had a shitload of VO, so it would’ve been really hard to wrap your head around the final product if you’re only on set.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Snak posted:

Also, Chance is really loving good and I probably want to make a huge effort post about why sometime.

In honor of its cancellation just now, perhaps?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

less laughter posted:

In honor of its cancellation just now, perhaps?

Dammit, that upsets me. Such a good show. At least it had an ending that could pass as a series finale.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
watching the pilot of the wire and everyone is so young and fresh-faced omg MICHAEL B JORDAN IS AN ACTUAL BABY

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I don't think I've seen any more than 1 or 2 episodes after Skins s4.

I did try to watch the MTV adaptation though. Talk about a trainwreck.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

It amazes me that enough young people watch Jeopardy that it can go viral on social media.

You don't actually have to watch something for it to go viral on social media that's kind of the point

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I would be okay if The Last Man on Earth stopped doing an established story and would just move over to stand alone anthology stories.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this! posted:

You know, I would be okay if The Last Man on Earth stopped doing an established story and would just move over to stand alone anthology stories.

Agreed, this week's was the best episode in, well, ever.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t believe that pile of junk is still going

also The Mayor got cancelled, which everyone saw coming, also I think I was the only one here watching it but I enjoyed it, definitely had less detestable characters than fuckin Last Man on Earth

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode was their seasonal "introduce a new character and show what they were doing during the apocalypse." This time with Fred Armisen as a nice doofus (who is actually a cannibal serial killer) and how he ended up in Mexican prison.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lin Manuel Miranda left a huge impression when he was on The Sopranos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRk5YNAh00

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Some part of me always views Lin Manuel Miranda as House's crazy roommate the last time I really enjoyed that show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even up to 2013 he was still doing crappy roles on crappy TV shows.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Even up to 2013 he was still doing crappy roles on crappy TV shows.

Can’t sneeze at a thousand bucks a day minimum

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

Some part of me always views Lin Manuel Miranda as House's crazy roommate the last time I really enjoyed that show.

holy poo poo, that's Lin Manuel Miranda? bahahahha

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyjTQjcyu4g

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

There is a .gif I'm looking for from The Walking Dead. It's from Season 2 when Lori was driving down the road and managed to flip her car. Someone made a .gif of her driving and a green Mario Kart shell comes flying out and hits her. I've searched and searched but can't find it. Does anyone have it laying around or have better googlefu than I do?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Aw poo poo yeah! unReal is back next month.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think i'm done with that show, it's really depressing how horrible people are.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

Thread doesn't have couch in the title how am I supposed to imagine us chatting.... standing like barbarians???

Hold up, how did this get past the goalie?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

If your setup requires a character from the future and also another planet to show up out of nowhere and give the exposition in order for your story to begin because the central character hasn't been born yet, you may not have a good story.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmyleg posted:

If your setup requires a character from the future and also another planet to show up out of nowhere and give the exposition in order for your story to begin because the central character hasn't been born yet, you may not have a good story.

Bruv, that's literally DC 101, page 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Quick every-so-often reminder that Eagleheart s3, one of the best comedy seasons of this decade, is on vimeo in an uncensored feature-length cut: https://vimeo.com/87108881

doesn’t include one of the eps, which was kind of a break from the serialised story but also one of the funniest ones, so that’s mixed. but this cut still works great. watch it everyone