Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

I just asked apple maps to find me northern Siberia and it put the marker in South Africa.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
iphone dogcow

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I’m Bud Tribble

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
next year they'll release the iphone 9 and the iphone 11

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Evis posted:

I just asked apple maps to find me northern Siberia and it put the marker in South Africa.

Did you ask via siri? Because they don't use maps to figure out what location you're asking for so siri took a lovely guess and then last a lat lng to maps to show you.

If you ask siri to give you the weather in st Martin the wrong way it gives you a place in south Dakota instead of the tropical island

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
doesn't siri tell you the temp in "side, turkey" if you ask for the temp inside?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

newton messagepad 2100

best drat portable apple ever made

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Beast of Bourbon posted:

doesn't siri tell you the temp in "side, turkey" if you ask for the temp inside?

wouldn’t know, I disabled that useless bitch already

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

wouldn’t know, I disabled that useless bitch already

um

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
huh

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Stymie posted:

personally i wonder what they're going to do next year

"introducing iphone 9 and 11, never forget!"

this is so good it woulda been an empty quote if it weren't stymie

proof even a blind squirrel finds some nuts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

stymie has a solid track record when it comes to apple

since stymie is the consummate contrarian, i can only assume this is because yopos is wrong as gently caress

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I’m Bud Tribble

hi bud, please tell us more stories about the original Mac and the early days at NeXT

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

😍

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Finally, a 4 inch IPhone with an edge to edge display. The iPhone SE X

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

he's asking about distros, not editors

i just wanna write some poo poo in latex tbh

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Peter Unterman here

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

- sj

JS

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
they'll name the next iphone MacPro (2018)

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
oh no a clearly PR-planted story by an adtech company about how Safari’s tracking blocking tech is impacting their revenue stream
cry me a loving river. targeted advertising had its chance to prove it doesn’t suck and all it does is show me ads for “luxury” real estate in my city built by shell corps

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

they'll name the next iphone MacPro (2018)

it will be a milled aluminium cylinder with no buttons or screen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

oh no a clearly PR-planted story by an adtech company about how Safari’s tracking blocking tech is impacting their revenue stream
cry me a loving river. targeted advertising had its chance to prove it doesn’t suck and all it does is show me ads for “luxury” real estate in my city built by shell corps

sounds like it's working as intended

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Jimmy Carter posted:

oh this is extremely good, high grade tears. thank you

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

oh no 😲

drat you Tim Cook! look what you’ve done to the best of society

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
iphone round trashcan pro edition

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

iphone round trashcan pro edition

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

New macbook "pro" is garbage, ours sounds like a jet engine when you browse the Web and the b and enter keys don't click in the same way after like 2 months

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

mine is the right shift key and the letter i

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mine is great and everything works well

should have bought an earlyy 2015 like me

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i hope the new amd-intel chip gives them the extra 2mm to make a functional keyboard

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
mid-2015 retina mbp supremacy

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I'd probably keep using my mid-2013 Air into the 2020's if it had 8gb of ram. It's the best computer I've ever owned. Almost certainly going to replace it with a 2015 15-inch eventually.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

I’ve got a 2016 and the z key sticks. I mostly use a USB keyboard now.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I'd probably keep using my mid-2013 Air into the 2020's if it had 8gb of ram. It's the best computer I've ever owned. Almost certainly going to replace it with a 2015 15-inch eventually.
I have one, I sprung for the 8GB RAM, and and this point that's my laptop plan unless things drastically change in the lineup

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

pointsofdata posted:

New macbook "pro" is garbage, ours sounds like a jet engine when you browse the Web and the b and enter keys don't click in the same way after like 2 months

yeah but it's thinner

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

my butttouchbar MBP is excellent and quiet

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

mine is great and everything works well

should have bought an earlyy 2015 like me

believe me i know

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jimmy Carter posted:

my favorite thing is the assertion that they will find a "consumer-friendly" way to track people between devices

nobody wants that, dingus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
everybody with a poo poo keyboard that sticks and is garbage should take it back under Applecare, make them replace that poo poo and eat the cost of their bad gaddam choices

without applecare it's a $500 repair