Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

That's true that's way too many.

Explain Brooklyn, London, and every other show they did on the road, including her main roster debut, where she was super-over until Vince decided to re-do the 'Bryan is a virgin' angle AND the 'John Cena is a wuss who won't use a chair on Bray Wyatt' angle, except worse because she stayed a wuss and lost, unlike Cena staying a wuss and winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Do it ironically posted:

counterpoint rusev can get himself incredibly over no matter the terrible writing he is given, how many excuses does a wrestler get before you can just say they're not very good?

There have been points where Rusev wasn't over either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Explain Brooklyn, London, and every other show they did on the road, including her main roster debut, where she was super-over until Vince decided to re-do the 'Bryan is a virgin' angle AND the 'John Cena is a wuss who won't use a chair on Bray Wyatt' angle, except worse because she stayed a wuss and lost, unlike Cena staying a wuss and winning.

They traveled.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

they also never let her be built up as the plucky, fun underdog in the context of WWE proper

but gently caress that Everyone You Like Was Actually Always Bad the booking has absolutely nothing to do with anything

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

yeah Rusev has spent a lot of loving time doing nothing and getting no reactions between his high points

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like how Balor lost his Lesnar match by not being over because he kept being squashed by Kane and going 50/50 with, like, Bo Dallas. Totally Balor's fault, he should've shoot kneecapped Kane when he went for the chokeslam.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

not to mention being involved with the Sister Abigale feud and losing to Wyatt clean on raw before Summerslam

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rusev had a feud with Dolph Ziggler which is just as bad though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone can be over and still terrible.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

nobody has had a good feud with dolph ziggler

he is the one who was Actually Always Bad

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

but enough about Alexa Bliss

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

All of NXT, for example, and his debut. My insistence that he was good fell on deaf ears and whoops I was right again.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Rusev did some good rear end poo poo in that feud.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

take the fish

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
finn can't get over because he's like 5'8'' and it's not believable that he could win a match against someone like brock or braun who are huge, I mean I like finn but he's tiny and yes AJ is tiny but he's literally one of the best wrestlers in the world he can make up for it

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Like who

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aiden English got Rusev over, Rusev has done very little except stand beside him and smile.

Dean Ambrose.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:haw:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

finn can't get over because he's like 5'8'' and it's not believable that he could win a match against someone like brock or braun who are huge, I mean I like finn but he's tiny and yes AJ is tiny but he's literally one of the best wrestlers in the world he can make up for it

Huh, good thing Finn is also one of the best in the world or he'd be in trouble, then.

Seriously, this is the kind of poo poo that led to Rey Mysterio being shat on because they won't push cruisers as actually important, but Vince is also still stuck on the size thing. (Which is bizarre because he also fuckin' loves underdogs fighting from underneath)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

i just rolled my eyes so hard they almost fell out of my head. Remember the lead up to Summerslam 2016? Finn was legit because he won. Just like AJ is legit because he wins. By the way AJ was still believable with Brock just like, with the same booking, Finn would have been believable.

Are you Vince?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

nobody has had a good feud with dolph ziggler

he is the one who was Actually Always Bad

ADR did. Which is impressive since no one else has had a good feud with ADR, either.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

"rey mysterio has never been good and of course he isn't over he's small" - a random WH2K poster in 2006

Endless Mike posted:

ADR did. Which is impressive since no one else has had a good feud with ADR, either.

Well, they had a good moment and good match but I wouldn't say the feud overall was good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I was going to say Seth but idk if Seth is actually over anymore

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every Balor match is exactly the same. He can't or is unwilling to mix it up.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Untrue. Sometimes he does it with paint on.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Finn is one of the best wrestlers in the world who always has a slightly boring match somehow in my opinion

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oldpainless posted:

Finn is one of the best wrestlers in the world who always has a slightly boring match somehow in my opinion

He has the same "wrestling robot" thing that Randy Orton does but he's better than Orton. It still keeps me from getting invested in most of his matches though.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

name someone on the main roster not named "AJ Styles" who doesn't do a lot of the same stuff. This is "Roman Reigns doesn't have good matches" all over again

BTW you can't bring up Braun Strowman being given gimmick spots

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
guys can be good and appropriately slotted with people their size, I'm sorry that your indie darling is just a ripped smaller dude, I like finn personally but as long as the wwe is pushing big dudes for the big belt it's hard to suspend disbelief that he could win the belt and successfully defend it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

guys can be good and appropriately slotted with people their size, I'm sorry that your indie darling is just a ripped smaller dude, I like finn personally but as long as the wwe is pushing big dudes for the big belt it's hard to suspend disbelief that he could win the belt and successfully defend it

yeah i don't know how shawn michaels was a realistic main eventer either

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
if finn had michaels charisma we wouldn't be having this conversation

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Finn just needs to get more racist then he can run with the big dogs like AJ.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

also lmao at calling finn "my indie darling" since I've been pretty loving critical of his run but for about every reason except "he's small" and "his matches are kinda similar"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Finn just needs to get more racist then he can run with the big dogs like AJ.

finn just needs to get racist and also get a hunting hobby and then he'll be the new Mr Wrestlemania

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Do it ironically posted:

this is, again, a failure of booking rather than performer

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

in another timeline a butterfly flaps its wings, the cubs lose the series, trump isn't elected and balor has carried the belt for a year because he didnt get hurt the first time he got a shot at it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

name someone on the main roster not named "AJ Styles" who doesn't do a lot of the same stuff. This is "Roman Reigns doesn't have good matches" all over again

BTW you can't bring up Braun Strowman being given gimmick spots

Not does the same stuff, does exclusively the same 12 things every time like he has a checklist.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

this is, again, a failure of booking rather than performer

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Not does the same stuff, does exclusively the same 12 things every time like he has a checklist.

I completely disagree, but then again you'd probably say the same thing about Roman Reigns and I would also disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a lot of the things are also very boring

• Locked thread