Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Played against someone who used the Emhyr bug on me twice (Cahir for a second time). It's honestly loving stupid that they haven't hotfixed that and people abusing that have no loving honour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
They are working on a fix rn and Burza has said that people reported for such exploits will be banned if found guilty

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Trogdos! posted:

They are working on a fix rn and Burza has said that people reported for such exploits will be banned if found guilty

How do I report people for doing this

e: I just reported a bug and used the guy's username

Knowlue fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 7, 2018

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

It's really good when you have a mahakam marauder on the board or your hand and manage to steal a light longship from your skellige opponent. I might need to find other ways to do that beside summoning circle for this deck

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I should just craft summoning circle one of these days, it looks like such a fun card

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, even if you aren't trying to spy spam abuse, summoning circle can still be entertaining from picking up enemy cards that can do cool stuff when in a different faction.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
season end delayed two days

hope you didnt bother grinding for a high rank last night

lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

man all past CDPR decisions were perfectly made to piss off the dedicated tryhard players

it's hilarious really

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

frajaq posted:

I should just craft summoning circle one of these days, it looks like such a fun card
It's super busted and nerfing operator to only copy bronzes while releasing the much better summoning circle is crazy. The Operator nerf was correct ofc, summoning circle just never should have been released.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
it's only recently that it's been ubiquitous

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Because a.) players are dumb and b.) it was unplayably buggy when it was released. It is not going anywhere trust me.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I've just been sitting out waiting for mah kegs since the patch hit. Judging by this thread, I've made the right call.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

frajaq posted:

It's one of my favorite cards, but I'm not interested in optimizing decks or anything I just like to react to whatever happens (that's why I use Uma always and enjoy the random 'create' mechanic).

I made a Shupe deck yesterday, need to try it tonight.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh man the gwent reddit is such a dumpster fire right now, jesus

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

frajaq posted:

oh man reddit is such a dumpster fire, jesus

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

frajaq posted:

It has been frankly unreadable since the patch, to be honest.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

frajaq posted:

So is Gwent. It was better mechanically in the closed beta, despite how terrible the starter decks were.

It's funny that they're loving the game over months before Magic Arena starts ramping up their beta. Gwent had a chance at being the more serious skill based card game for tryhards, the DOTA2 to Hearthstone's LoL, but they squandered that and now Magic gonna eat Gwent's lunch.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

isnt that one in closed beta still? or they already announced open beta for it?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wheeee posted:

So is Gwent. It was better mechanically in the closed beta, despite how terrible the starter decks were.

This is absolutely not true, and is rose colored glasses of the most blatant type. Gwent was at its absolute best just before the mid-winter patch.

If they clean up the bugs, and do something about create effects granting silver spies, the game will be just as good as it ever has been.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

rydiafan posted:

This is absolutely not true, and is rose colored glasses of the most blatant type. Gwent was at its absolute best just before the mid-winter patch.

If they clean up the bugs, and do something about create effects granting silver spies, the game will be just as good as it ever has been.

can they just restore all the flavour?

aspirants is the dumbest poo poo EVER

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I haven’t played in ages but lmao at extending a season with only hours of notice.

That’s a good way to lost all your top tier players in a swoop.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

frajaq posted:

isnt that one in closed beta still? or they already announced open beta for it?

It’s in a small scale closed beta with strict NDA right now, but they’re moving toward opening up to a lot more people soon. I have a friend in the current beta and the game is extremely early in terms of UI and features, but the core is good.

In terms of game design none of these digital card games come close to Magic, and Arena is finally bringing real Magic to digital platforms. Unless Wizards really fucks this up somehow it’s going to obsolete every other “serious” hardcore card game. Hearthstone will probably never die tho.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is it supposed to replace MTGO or just the DotP series? I don't expect much from WotC's digital offerings.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Azran posted:

Is it supposed to replace MTGO or just the DotP series? I don't expect much from WotC's digital offerings.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

Tl;dr is this renders all other digital Magic obsolete, is finally the full real game with all cards and mechanics, and will be an as-yet undefined F2P model.

I’ve seen the current beta, it’s way too early for open release but what’s there is solid.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I'm extremely hesitant and I'll stick with Gwent until there's a playable alternative that actually looks fun and isn't labeled BETA or EARLY ACCESS or what have you. I've been burned on HS and Duelyst and the last magic Duels attempt, now I'm feeling the burn with Gwent, and I'd rather just stop playing TCGs than get owned again at this point.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I play gwent because I enjoyed TW3 a lot, enjoy the setting and the game has really good card art

it's the little things that make the game for me, I tried Eternal but the game just looks really loving ugly even if theoretically it's one of the best alternatives to online TCG right now

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

frajaq posted:

I play gwent because I enjoyed TW3 a lot, enjoy the setting and the game has really good card art

it's the little things that make the game for me, I tried Eternal but the game just looks really loving ugly even if theoretically it's one of the best alternatives to online TCG right now

Eternal is my preferred digital card game, and it took a long time but the art style has kinda grown on me. The mechanics are super solid though, in some ways better than Magic. The biggest question mark now is whether or not it will ever get big enough and make enough money to survive in the long term.

Coming from that game though, I do have to say the voicework and art in this game is loving beautiful. I only just started, but I'm already enjoying the experience overall. Seems like I came in at a bad time though, but at least most of the major issues being talked about don't really affect me (yet).

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Stupid noob question: should I be buying card kegs with my earned resources? I am level 7 just working through the challenges.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Stupid noob question: should I be buying card kegs with my earned resources? I am level 7 just working through the challenges.

For sure, there's nothing else to use ore for at the moment besides buying kegs.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Resources are bit confusing at start.

1:st one (ORE) can only be used to buy kegs. 100 per keg.
2nd one (SCRAPS) is for buying cards straight. Price is based on rarity: 30/80/200/800 for regular cards, lot more for animated
3rd one (METEORITE POWDER) is for transmuting regular cards into animated ones . Price 100/200/300/400
4th one is KEGS. Open them to get cards.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 9, 2018

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Thanks for the replies! Think I’m gonna go with Wild Hunt heavy monsters deck for a while and see how I go.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://youtu.be/AH92RY8fA6c?t=273

Infinite duel!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I can't believe I haven't been able to make it to rank 20 after 3 seasons! I'm just never able to clear the hurdle with my best decks! No matter what deck I play or how I play it. So frustrating! I guess I should try a consume deck?

Edit: just beat a bunch of consume and dwarves deck with my bears deck!

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 10, 2018

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

MarshyMcFly posted:

I can't believe I haven't been able to make it to rank 20 after 3 seasons! I'm just never able to clear the hurdle with my best decks! No matter what deck I play or how I play it. So frustrating! I guess I should try a consume deck?

Just play dwarves.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Estraysian posted:

Just play dwarves.

I would if I could! But I don’t have all those new cards :(

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol I've been playing axemen and never thought to try that

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
I swear that a decent percentage of my wins with my Crach deck are from folks playing summoning circle on my Harald Houndsnout and forfeiting after realizing that they copied the skull that when-it-dies-spawns-a-bear-for-me.

I love my dumb skull friend.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

why the gently caress is Vreemde a leader now

also rank-skipping the rewards felt just as bad as expected

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Wow the amount of fixes they had to do is mind boggling! Also lol at soooo many premiums!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah all the fifth cards now are moving ones.