Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Spanish Manlove posted:

EARLY ACCESS for FighterZ who pre-ordered digitally

And gently caress you to people like me who like to own physical objects and save HD space where possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fuzz posted:

Play beta for game literally a week before actual game. Download it twice and lose all your progress anyway. GET HYPE AS gently caress AND TAKE DAYS OFF FROM WORK FOR SAID BETA.

I don't understand gamers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dr.acula posted:

And gently caress you to people like me who like to own physical objects and save HD space where possible!

You still get two days

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/iantweeting/status/950769176263774208

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really wish the dub would catch up to the sub quicker.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

This just keeps getting better and better :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know, Beerus gets all the hype, but I just frigging love Whis. He is by far my favorite addition to the Dragonball cast.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Whis is awesome, I hope he makes it into the game eventually even though he doesn't really fight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am really looking forward to this goofy event,

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dracula Factory posted:

Whis is awesome, I hope he makes it into the game eventually even though he doesn't really fight.

He blows up the surface of the tournament planet

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Dracula Factory posted:

He's not an active participant in any of the fights in DBS but he definitely can fight, it's effectively established that he and the other angel/advisors to the other GoDs are far more powerful and scary than the GoDs themselves, basically just under El Grande Padre and Zen-Oh themselves

edit: not to mention the fact that he singlehandedly trained goku and vegeta to basically put them where they are right now power level/skill wise, and can defend against both of them simultaneously without having even a single blow landed on him, casually

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So how does this preorder bonus thing work? The last few FGs I bought, these "preorder only bonuses" actually were a part of a day 1 edition that came with codes whether or not you preordered.

I live near a place that regularly breaks street dates, so I'd prefer to get my game from there rather than preordering from some place.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pissdude posted:

He's not an active participant in any of the fights in DBS but he definitely can fight, it's effectively established that he and the other angel/advisors to the other GoDs are far more powerful and scary than the GoDs themselves, basically just under El Grande Padre and Zen-Oh themselves

edit: not to mention the fact that he singlehandedly trained goku and vegeta to basically put them where they are right now power level/skill wise, and can defend against both of them simultaneously without having even a single blow landed on him, casually

Whis is basically beerus' owner and treats him like a pet he cant say no to

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

Nappa's Saibamen killing Yamcha
Nappa killing Tien and Chiaotzu
Vegeta killing Nappa
Frieza killing Krillin
Trunks killing Frieza
18 breaking Vegeta's arm
Cell crushing 16's head
Teen Gohan killing Cell
A lot of stuff involving Trunks and Goku Black

Yeah I guess I'm just thinking of finishers and how faithful they're trying to be. I thought about Nappa and Vegeta but as a finisher it didn't make much sense as they were a team. Figure if it's in it would be like how Frieza kills Krillin in the intro vs Goku.

I'm pretty sure Cell crushing the head is going to be a intro as well, though T.Gohan killing Cell would be neato

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mic up Chris and Sean so they can smack talk in character and have Ian commentate as Whis in between.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the thought of that is giving me traumatic flashbacks to that time that one lady made the mgs voice cast do improv

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
the dbz abridged people try to do that sometimes when playing games the results are Mixed to say the least

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah but for DBZ they don't have say words they just have to grunt and scream and yell the names of moves so they got that going for em.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Night Blade posted:

So how does this preorder bonus thing work? The last few FGs I bought, these "preorder only bonuses" actually were a part of a day 1 edition that came with codes whether or not you preordered.

I live near a place that regularly breaks street dates, so I'd prefer to get my game from there rather than preordering from some place.

The only preorder exclusive bonuses are the lobby avatars and some chat stickers, if that's what you're worried about. SSB Goku and Vegeta are available to everyone but the preorder simply gives you a code to unlock them immediately. I'm assuming that normally they're either bought with in game currency or you can get them through the gacha system similar to Sin in SIGN and Raven in Revelator.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Celebrity button mashing contests are so stupid. Can't these voice actors just do the thing where they commentate the match and pick pros to play for them?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah I guess I'm just thinking of finishers and how faithful they're trying to be. I thought about Nappa and Vegeta but as a finisher it didn't make much sense as they were a team. Figure if it's in it would be like how Frieza kills Krillin in the intro vs Goku.

I'm pretty sure Cell crushing the head is going to be a intro as well, though T.Gohan killing Cell would be neato

Teen Gohan killing Cell is in the trailer

Cell crushing 16 is at 58 seconds Gohan killing Cell and doing the thumbs up starts at 1:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LRFxs1BEFk

BattleHamster posted:

Celebrity button mashing contests are so stupid. Can't these voice actors just do the thing where they commentate the match and pick pros to play for them?
The awkward flailing around is the fun part :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dracula Factory posted:

Didn't stop him from being in Xenoverse. His gimmick is that he barely has any movesets, but his stats are so incredibly sky high that it doesn't matter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MightyMouseUFC/status/950605673603129344

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/950613400366743552

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/950615596105842688

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Jesus, i just saw the price tag on this and looks like i'm gonna be waiting a while before getting this on sale.

I really wanna play it but gently caress dropping a minimum of £45 on a beat-em-up.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kin posted:

a beat-em-up.
:ssj:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hopefully this livestream will last longer than 20 minutes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
oi guv 45 quid for a punchy?? right daft they are

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kin posted:

Jesus, i just saw the price tag on this and looks like i'm gonna be waiting a while before getting this on sale.

I really wanna play it but gently caress dropping a minimum of £45 on a beat-em-up.

That's the price for most AAA games new nowadays. Not sure what you were expecting?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Unlucky7 posted:

That's the price for most games new nowadays. Not sure what you were expecting?

£29.99 on PC would be typical. Laffo that it's £75 for the 'fighter' edition which presumably means the version that ends up with all the characters via DLC.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

typical for who? basically every fighter releases at the standard AAA pricing (outside of real niche/indie stuff)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kin posted:

£29.99 on PC would be typical. Laffo that it's £75 for the 'fighter' edition which presumably means the version that ends up with all the characters via DLC.

29.99 British Pound equals
40.59 US Dollar

Yeah that's not how much things cost nowadays.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

absolutely anything posted:

oi guv 45 quid for a punchy?? right daft they are

lol

btw I'll beat up anybody that doesn't buy this dragonball game at full price on release date

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kin posted:

Where is this magical land of PC games that are 2/3rds the price of MSRP? Because I want to go there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man we don't even know how much SFV costs in total yet, but it's way over that.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

BattleHamster posted:

it’s fun watching people laugh and be bad at games tho????

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Lupe vs Daigo was awesome

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Kin posted:

beat-em-up.

how dare you sully the good name of button bashers everywhere

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that reminds me i hope we're all ready for this game to inspire the next generation of 'finger puzzle' metltdown posts

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anybody get the PS4 theme that comes with the pre order? Gonna go physical unless it can compete with the FFVII one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

Anybody get the PS4 theme that comes with the pre order? Gonna go physical unless it can compete with the FFVII one.

if it's the one i'm thinking of it's a really boring one that just uses the very first preview screenshot they showed of the game back at e3 as a background

i can't even remember what music it uses