Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

It's amusing that NXT manages to book things in such a way that everyone looks decent to very good, then people get called to the main roster, look like poo poo, and it becomes NXT's fault for not preparing them for Raw's infinitely shittier booking

That is literally NXT's purpose, so yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AJ looked like poo poo in the Roman feud. Granted this is on booking but I hated that whole mess.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

DeathChicken posted:

It's amusing that NXT manages to book things in such a way that everyone looks decent to very good, then people get called to the main roster, look like poo poo, and it becomes NXT's fault for not preparing them for Raw's infinitely shittier booking

It turns out that pre-taping two months of one hour shows leading up to 5 PPVs a year leads to more coherent booking than needing to fill five hours of live television on a weekly basis and build to 14 PPVs over the same time

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

AJ looked like poo poo in the Roman feud. Granted this is on booking but I hated that whole mess.
The gently caress? He spent the whole time looking on his level. That was easily the best WWE feud of 2016 outside of Styles/Cena and I'm not damning with faint praise

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The gently caress? He spent the whole time looking on his level. That was easily the best WWE feud of 2016 outside of Styles/Cena and I'm not damning with faint praise

He lost to Roman's protected finisher, which is somehow only a thing that matters and is bad when it applies to Roman Reigns matches.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And he and Reigns managed to time that superman punch counter to the forearm to within a millisecond. It looked freakin' perfect.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

There is nothing NXT can do to prepare people for being booked badly, given astronomically less to do and no longer having people going out of their way to help you succeed, and the dichotomy will not end until either corporate mandate turns NXT into more of a WWE-style product, WWE somehow has a transfer of power that reshapes its approach to its own product, or NXT dies.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

they should make NXT the developmental league for the XFL instead, seems about as useful.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
If you think the wwe is going to change when triple h and Stephanie take over I got some bad news for you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lets not also forget "bad booking for everyone," "every promo is completely scripted," and "we'll bring you up as if everyone already knows who you are" as part of the main roster problems

Bayley isn't perfect but if they just told the same story again it would've gotten over even if some nerds who watch NXT called it a retread

They came pretty close to just re-telling Bayley's story. All they had to do was have her beat Charlotte for the title and end her streak at Mania and then they did these on Raw and Fastlane respectively because :vince:

I'm never forgiving that Styles Clash on a chair nonsense, sorry.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There are plenty of vinceisms that won't happen anymore and will be replaced by whatever weird poo poo stephanie wants at random on the night of the show. maybe some of them will be the same but probably not all. That's quite the change and i'm looking forward to it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh hey, Tama and Fale got shoutouts on Raw, that's neat.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So Natalya and Shinsuke are a team for the Mixed Machka Challenge.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/950814818554011648

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dromal phrenia posted:

His new gimmick of being a grinning poo poo-talker with muscled backup works more towards his mic strengths than his old persona did, imo. I can't imagine him wowing me with a fiery babyface promo but he can definitely be a smug dick.

His heel persona was pretty much that in New Japan, and also preferable to his baby face runs. His matches as a heel weren't as good tho.
As far as his mic work goes, we'll see how good he can be when he's not speaking to pidgin English speakers.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

His heel persona was pretty much that in New Japan, and also preferable to his baby face runs. His matches as a heel weren't as good tho.
As far as his mic work goes, we'll see how good he can be when he's not speaking to pidgin English speakers.
Don't forget, he also can't use profanity.

Now I'm wondering if Tama Tonga would struggle with that in WWE or if he'd just go full Scott Steiner and scream gently caress YOU anyway

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

keevo posted:

So Natalya and Shinsuke are a team for the Mixed Machka Challenge.

cats don't have knees :smith:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Oh Snapple! posted:

AJ looked like poo poo in the Roman feud.

Never change, wrestling internet

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
"Finishers aren't important anymore. I wish we were had literally any strong finishers."

WWE:

"No. Not you."

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

To pretend Bayley Was Always Bad and wasn't one of the most popular acts on the NXT roster is loving moronic. The problem with her on the main roster is the problem with everyone else they bring up, they think everyone has already seen the story on NXT instead of retelling it on the big stage.

but sure Everyone Was Always Bad that loving mentality sucks

i dont give a gently caress about nxt, if someone is bad on the main roster they suck. Alexa is better than Bayley in every single way.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Roman eating like 5 finishers including the styles clash onto the chair was dumb as poo poo. The match was an overbooked mess with its sole goal being to make Reigns look like Superman.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The reason why I want strong finishers for more wrestlers is because i have a strong finisher. Even though I didn't do it, my little brother got hit by that finisher and isn't around any more. It wasn't me but it was still my finisher. that helps me to feel like the wrestlers are similar to me and i'll often buy t-shirts of them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Roman eating like 5 finishers including the styles clash onto the chair was dumb as poo poo. The match was an overbooked mess with its sole goal being to make Reigns look like Superman.

Usually you want the guy who wins to look really good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
finisher? I barely know her

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Oh Snapple for Idiot King

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Get out of here with that disingenuous poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

We've arrived at the issue then. Roman shouldn't win. Both against AJ Styles and in general.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

We've arrived at the issue then. Roman shouldn't win. Both against AJ Styles and in general.

The younger, better looking, less publically racist and homophobic wrestler should win over the older guy.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Considering what they pay in travel expenses this seems really bad if true:
https://twitter.com/stellakae/status/950807273026146304?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

I don't know much about Stella Kae other than she's good friends with Summer Rae and other current/former main roster women. I doubt this is bullshit

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
flat earther vs holocaust denier

choose ur champion

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

schweens posted:

https://twitter.com/stellakae/status/950807273026146304?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

I don't know much about Stella Kae other than she's good friends with Summer Rae and other current/former main roster women. I doubt this is bullshit

If they are doing anything more than the Florida shows they'd have to be flat broke.

Says a lot about Roman's critics that they make Holocaust jokes and back AJ Styles.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

schweens posted:

https://twitter.com/stellakae/status/950807745522839552

Thanks Steph! #womensrevolution

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

schweens posted:

I feel like this is probably the non-Paige members of Absolution + Riott Squad.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god drat this thread will get bad

nxt sucks, bayley sucks, austin is the greatest

good bye!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you had told me years ago the only person from NXT who wouldn't be ruined on the main roster would be Elias, I wouldn't have believed you

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

If you had told me years ago the only person from NXT who wouldn't be ruined on the main roster would be Elias, I wouldn't have believed you

I still haven't quite wrapped my head around this tbh.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

alexa bliss

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Joe's doing about as well as I'd expect, though injuries are an issue

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

What about Braun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Becky is a good wrestler and its sad that they dont give her anything to do

• Locked thread