Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ah got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sometimes things make you feel

https://twitter.com/wvpublicnews/status/950848696006184960

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Or you could use transactions, dbparameters, etc

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

That's the most horrifying thing I've read today, and I read excerpts from Trump trying to talk about DACA.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

That's the most horrifying thing I've read today, and I read excerpts from Trump trying to talk about DACA.

Between that, the article Mel linked about the wrestling family and that article from the former NYT writer about how in bed they were with killing stories for the government, I have not had a fun day.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

Between that, the article Mel linked about the wrestling family and that article from the former NYT writer about how in bed they were with killing stories for the government, I have not had a fun day.

What's that last one?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

What's that last one?

It's a really long story that could've probably used about half as much of the author patting himself on the back, but goes in depth into just how often the Times and other papers suppressed stories:

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/03/my-life-as-a-new-york-times-reporter-in-the-shadow-of-the-war-on-terror/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/AngelaHanks/status/950745522297561088

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Blitz7x posted:

Is there an idiots guide to learning SQL or Power BI

Like a real idiots guide

Do these in this order. First 2 are real easy, stanford ramps up the difficulty.

https://sqlbolt.com/
https://community.modeanalytics.com/sql/tutorial/introduction-to-sql/
https://lagunita.stanford.edu/courses/DB/SQL/SelfPaced/courseware/ch-sql/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

Well good news, a federal court has just ordered a congressional map redrawn for the first time

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The guy who let Dan Snyder illegally cut down trees on public lands so he could have a better view from his mansion is gonna be head of the National Park Service. :rip:

All that's left is the Forest Service and my dreams are crushed until Trump is gone and all Republicans are dead. But I'm sure it's already hosed and I just don't know it yet.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

It's a really long story that could've probably used about half as much of the author patting himself on the back, but goes in depth into just how often the Times and other papers suppressed stories:

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/03/my-life-as-a-new-york-times-reporter-in-the-shadow-of-the-war-on-terror/

Jesus, well if ever I needed more evidence that the NYT is run by people who cater the powerful this is it. gently caress em.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well good news, a federal court has just ordered a congressional map redrawn for the first time

wunderbar

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Jesus, well if ever I needed more evidence that the NYT is run by people who cater the powerful this is it. gently caress em.

Yeah, I remember when the wiretap thing broke and being loving livid that they knew about it before the 2004 election and decided to sit on it.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Is there an idiots guide to learning SQL or Power BI

Like a real idiots guide

https://www.amazon.com/Manga-Guide-Databases-Mana-Takahashi/dp/1593271905/

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I have no idea how to destress without cigarettes. Work sucks today.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Its been just over 13 months since I had surgery adjusting my rib cage and over the past couple days I've been feeling a lot of pain that I haven't felt since last spring and its kind of freaking me out. I already had a followup apt scheduled for Feb (which was his earliest availability at the time) but tomorrow Im going to push to get seen earlier. Because gently caress this.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

seiferguy posted:

I thought for a short period Steve Bannon was a lich prophet sent back in time since be predicted Trump's victory, but it turns out he was a broken clock.

Also my phone attempted to autocorrect Bannon into Gannon, which made me think of this:

thank god i saved this a couple of years ago

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Its been just over 13 months since I had surgery adjusting my rib cage and over the past couple days I've been feeling a lot of pain that I haven't felt since last spring and its kind of freaking me out. I already had a followup apt scheduled for Feb (which was his earliest availability at the time) but tomorrow Im going to push to get seen earlier. Because gently caress this.

What the devil? Rib adjustment surgery?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Pet a dog and or smoke some weed

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Wish me luck brothers, going into a 90 minute hot yoga class.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If you ask someone for 3 words to describe themselves during a job interview, what do you think is the worst answer?

Premier nickelback fan
Manning's college trainer
Di's drunk driver

Taking suggestions here

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

No Butt Stuff posted:

If you ask someone for 3 words to describe themselves during a job interview, what do you think is the worst answer?

Premier nickelback fan
Di's drunk driver

Taking suggestions here

chat thread superstar

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a patagonian cavy posted:

chat thread superstar

Subtweeting rg3... (rape)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
In a world of poo poo I'm glad for two things, that the DSA I'm with does actually good things and is not nearly as extremely online as twitter makes it and I'm actually getting good responses on OKC because I took one of your guys advice about focusing on good ice breakers like traveling. I was a little bit worried that she would see the blocks of text that I write about stuff, but I think that's more with how OKC formats paragraphs. It's also a good thing I volunteer at the museum because its a good hook for a date to go on a backstage tour and show off what I do there. Hope she has nothing to do Saturday. :ohdear: (actually I told it wasn't really that big of a deal since the weather has kind of been poo poo anyway)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What the devil? Rib adjustment surgery?

That dick ain't gonna suck itself

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Pet a dog and or smoke some weed

I don't smoke weed while working (gotta have boundaries for remote work) and the doggos are trying but its just not helping. Fffffff

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No Butt Stuff posted:

Premier nickelback fan
Di's drunk driver

Taking suggestions here

Tonya Harding's bodyguard

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Premier nickelback fan
Di's drunk driver

Taking suggestions here

NO BUTT STUFF

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Im sorry

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

To the loving core dude

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

No Butt Stuff posted:

Premier nickelback fan
Di's drunk driver

Taking suggestions here

Big Boston Fan

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Get up and walk. Unless you smoked in your house, that time getting up and moving around was doing just as much good for you as smoking was. Or find a hobby of some kind you can do while you'd normally smoke, like practicing cutting a dovetail or something like that.

My wife and I quit when we found out she was pregnant and are coming up on 3 years of no cigs. Hang in there, it gets easier each day.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I de-stress by shitposting at work, at home seriously just cleaning things in the house. IDK something about hammering out boring rear end but methodical chores like washing the dishes is good for the rage

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Do a slow cooker thing or something you need to check on every once in a while when you work from home so you get up, walk around and refocus.

Plus when you're done there's some delicious rear end food

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Uh masturbate duh

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

astral projection

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Look up "Reiki ASMR" on YouTube and thank me later :D

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yo guys Jean Claude Van Johnson is real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/therealhennessy/status/950451692843216898?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fdigg.com%2F2018%2Fdunk-on-trump-game

Man I will be so glad when every piece of journalism on the internet doesn't start with a meandering anecdote. That trend really can't die soon enough.