Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

This is more exciting then the game. Which has been poo poo on a stick so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I blame the best out of 3 format they've gone for rather than score aggregate. Means less fast high scoring rugby and more grinding down a win. Sucks.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

The stadium has not burnt down. Rugby will resume presently.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
loving hell, Mike Adamson was shite tonight. He's too whistle happy at the wrong parts of the game and not good at spotting high tackles at other times. Just pish.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Former Bronco/Kangaroo/Queensland Maroon and current Queensland Red/Wallaby Karmichael Hunt's been arrested and charged with drug possession in central Brisbane overnight. He's been stood down from all rugby-related activities and will face the magistrate's court on the 29th of January.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 31, 2017

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

It's good to watch a team like the Ospreys struggle against a team with no pack. It's good that the Dragons players run into each other and knock the ball on constantly when in possession. This is all very awesome and everyone is glad this is happening.

Vagabundo posted:

Former Bronco/Kangaroo/Queensland Maroon and current Queensland Red/Wallaby Karmichael Hunt's been arrested and charged with drug possession in central Brisbane overnight. He's been stood down from all rugby-related activities and will face the magistrate's court on the 29th of January.

That's dumb, hasn't he been caught before? He's putting his career in jeopardy here.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 31, 2017

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

In light of the allegations against Hunt I think it's in poor form for the ref in the Dragons/Os match to constantly be shouting 'use' no matter how much some coke would improve this match for all involved.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well that was a game, hilarious that the Ospreys couldn't get four tries mind.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bessantj posted:

That's dumb, hasn't he been caught before? He's putting his career in jeopardy here.

Yep, shortly after he signed with the ARU and the Queensland Reds.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-05/hunt-fined-after-pleading-guilty-to-cocaine-possession/6281958

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well I hope he doesn't go to prison this time. He's going to end up playing for some arse team in France for €120,000 a year.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Munster are a disgrace

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I liked the 5-minute period where Munster literally forgot the rules of Rugby Union, and the referee eventually stopped handing out yellow cards, because he just felt sorry for them.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
40 minute period, surely?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Ulster weren't in that game at all up until the red card, hope getting the result doesn't save Kiss's job.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

For the Scarlets game the Dragons have picked 18 year old openside Taine Basham, throwing em in at the deep end :black101:.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dragons try, I am getting very drunk tonight!!!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Scarlets win 47-13 but the Dragons got one try so all was not lost.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Christian Lealiifiano is a tough loving guy, I'll miss seeing him play for Ulster but hopefully he kicks on and gets to where he wants to be back in Australia.

Ulster down by 12 to Leinster at the half but Leinster still look a class above.

E:24-0 now, :effort:

E2: Jordan Larmour is pretty sick but might have to change his name to Kearney to get into Ireland's back 3

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 6, 2018

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Christian Lealiifiano is a tough loving guy, I'll miss seeing him play for Ulster but hopefully he kicks on and gets to where he wants to be back in Australia.

Good to hear Lealiifano is going good in his Eurotrip.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Ospreys have had such a terrible season so far and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better, though they did manage a good win over the Blues. Owen Lane is looking like a good prospect for the Blues and Wales.

On another note there's a test to see if you know signals used by refs.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 7, 2018

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

bessantj posted:

The Ospreys have had such a terrible season so far and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better, though they did manage a good win over the Blues. Owen Lane is looking like a good prospect for the Blues and Wales.

On another note there's a test to see if you know signals used by refs.

7/10. Bit embarrassing, it's pretty easy.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

9/10. I hosed up on offside.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Mister Chief posted:

9/10. I hosed up on offside.

Yeah, the angle on that one makes it look like a different signal.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What would the WRU do if none of the regions wanted to sign North even at 40% of his salary?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

goatface posted:

What would the WRU do if none of the regions wanted to sign North even at 40% of his salary?

Nationalise one of the regions.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Nationalise one of the regions.

Wooooooooooooooooo, Dragons are getting North :). Oh bugger, Dragons are getting North :(

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
In completely unrelated news, Cardiff Blues have released Alex Cuthbert, and in a SHOCKING TWIST, none of the Welsh clubs want him any more than they want North.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tyma posted:

In completely unrelated news, Cardiff Blues have released Alex Cuthbert, and in a SHOCKING TWIST, none of the Welsh clubs want him any more than they want North.

Nu uhu Cufbert is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcofN7rkNgs

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Marler got sent off for Marlering and will prob miss some six nations

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What happens if no welsh club wants to take the other 40% of North’s contract?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

julian assflange posted:

What happens if no welsh club wants to take the other 40% of North’s contract?

He might end up with something similar to like Sam Cross, where he's employed by the WRU, trains all week with one of the regions, and makes up the 60% by having weekends free to make money from public appearances and personal coaching sessions.

When you pull the curtain back, Sam Warburton is really just employed by the WRU, and spends more time making public appearances than playing rugby. Having Sam Warburton or George North contracted to your club doesn't seem appealing in any way.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Newport are wholly owned/controlled by the WRU now, they can just order them too if need be?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bigfoot again posted:

Marler got sent off for Marlering and will prob miss some six nations

But I thought shoulders to the head were at worst a yellow-card offence, and not even worth citing? Or is it entirely conditional on whether or not the recipient has a Player of the Year award or two sitting in their cupboard?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

HappyCamperGL posted:

Newport are wholly owned/controlled by the WRU now, they can just order them too if need be?

I was joking, and it turns out they've preempted me...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I thought they basically bought them and then handed the reins back to an independent board, but I could be wrong.

They'll take him anyway though, even if they can't afford the budget for a frequently broken winger with a TBI.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

HappyCamperGL posted:

It's a huge conflict of interest, because the standard National Dual Contract comes with a heap of caveats, including the WRU dictating which games they players must participate in, and which games the player must be rested. It's a reasonable compromise, if it means taking on a player like Dan Biggar or Leigh Halfpenny, where you can reasonably say "This player will definately play half of our games, and his under-study will play the other half', but taking on a glass cannon like North is a huge risk, when he may shine brightest for two games in the season, and then find out he's either injured, or 'unavailible for selection', when it comes to crunch time, and your club really needs him.

The Dragons themselves set the biggest precedent a few months ago, when they signed Ross Moriarty. Instead of signing him on a Dual Contract, they paid the full amount, because they decided that a Ross Moriarty shackled by the WRU's terms and conditions wasn't worth 60% of the value of a Ross Moriarty that prioritized The Dragons over Wales.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

But I thought shoulders to the head were at worst a yellow-card offence, and not even worth citing? Or is it entirely conditional on whether or not the recipient has a Player of the Year award or two sitting in their cupboard?

omg shut up

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

No. :smugbert:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Paddy Jackson's rape trial is the gift that keeps on giving :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tyma posted:

Paddy Jackson's rape trial is the gift that keeps on giving :allears:

What happened?